Windows 10: No Sound Device found on new PC

Discus and support No Sound Device found on new PC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My first post on any computer forum but I'm at the end of my rope and hope someone here can help! I got my new PC the other day, built and setup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by deylight, Nov 16, 2019.

1. deylight Win User

No Sound Device found on new PC

My first post on any computer forum but I'm at the end of my rope and hope someone here can help!

I got my new PC the other day, built and setup completely by my brother, and sent to me via mail.
    Now I set everything up on it and it runs beautifully, except for the fact that it just won't recognise my sound device (Logitech Z120 speakers) or any other, plugged into the green 3,5mm jack (front or back)

I'm using the latest update of Windows 10 (64bit), 1909 (Build 18363. 476)

I have a red x on the sound icon in my taskbar, it tells me there's no sound output enabled.

When I try the problem solving option, it only gives me the NVIDIA output options of my graphics card.
    If I got to sound settings it tells me no output devices are found.

The control panel shows me no High Definition Audio device or Realtek High Definition Audio, again only the NVIDIA High Definition Audio.

I have tried:
    - Downloading the Realtek drivers from my mainboard's site and re-installing them. It tells me I need to download the Realtek Audio Control panel from the Microsoft store, which doesn't work. It gives me the 0x803FB005 error. I have read this means I need to install the Realtek UAD drivers, but I'm unsure how to do that after downloading them...
    - downloaded Realtek drivers from realtek and installed those
    - disabled all NVIDIA audio devices
    - checked BIOS if the audio output is enabled
    - re-installed all mainboard drivers both in BIOS and through download from mainboard site
    - attaching different sound output devices
    - Google

to no avail.

If I attach a monitor with speakers to the HDMI output of my graphics card, I get sound, and my microphone works, but it's USB (I don't know if that's relevant)

So I'm completely out of my depth by now and have no idea what else to try.
    Help?

:)

deylight, Nov 16, 2019

2. No sound as PC is connected to a bluetooth device.

Hi Samuel,

As per your description, I understand that there is no sound in your PC as it shows that it is currently connected to a Bluetooth device which you do not recognize.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Have you connected your PC to Bluetooth speakers?

2. Do you recognize the device that is connected to your PC?

3. Does the Bluetooth device display under Control Panel > Devices and Printers?

For now, I suggest that you perform the steps below and check if you will be able to remove the device in question.

To remove the device from your PC, follow the steps below

• Select Start > Settings > Devices >
      Bluetooth.
    • Select the paired Bluetooth device that you want to remove > Remove device >
      Yes.

Your reply is very important to ensure that we provide the appropriate resolution. Do provide the above information so that we can proceed further.

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 16, 2019
  3. ACV1566 Win User
    Unable to add Device (New Speakers)

I performed these actions, but no solution was generated. The end result was that the troubleshooter says: "Audio Services Not Responding" (which I knew already). My PC will not allow me to add a new device. Here is a synopsis of some of the dialog I
    saw:

Device - Found (Realtek Hi-Def. Audio)

Drivers - Up to Date

Device - Working

Properties Info - "Requires Further Installation"

No "enhancements" were checked off, save for a check in the "Immediate Mode" box

Under "Advanced" it says: 16bit 44100Hz.

I was asked to restart my PC and afterwards it no longer recognizes the device (Realtek Hi-Def. Audio).

ACV1566, Nov 16, 2019
  4. No Sound Device found on new PC

Unable to add Device (New Speakers)

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Is the sound device recognized by other applications?
    • Are you able to set the audio device as output for audio players?

I suggest you to run the Sound troubleshooter by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Type “troubleshooting” in search box and type Enter.
    • Click on View All on top left corner.
    • Click on Playing sound from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Also, suggest you to check if the device is listed in playback devices.

• Type sound in the search box and press Enter.
    • Check if the device is listed under Playback tab.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

No Sound Device found on new PC

1. No Sound Device found on new PC - Similar Threads - Sound Device found

2. Sound -- No Output Devices Found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound -- No Output Devices Found: Inspite of my sound/video card being shown in Device Manager, I get a No Output Devices Found error in System Settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-no-output-devices-found/a6981e4d-8a3b-43de-849f-40b94aba990e
  3. Sound -- No Output Devices Found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound -- No Output Devices Found: Inspite of my sound/video card being shown in Device Manager, I get a No Output Devices Found error in System Settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-no-output-devices-found/a6981e4d-8a3b-43de-849f-40b94aba990e
  4. Sound -- No Output Devices Found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sound problem "Audio device not found"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound problem "Audio device not found": I lost my audio with the latest update on my Lenovo laptop. They worked fine before the update. I checked all the plugs etc. with no difference. Any suggestion is welcome?...
  6. Sound problem "Audio device not found"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound problem "Audio device not found": I lost my audio with the latest update on my Lenovo laptop. They worked fine before the update. I checked all the plugs etc. with no difference. Any suggestion is welcome?...
  7. Sound problem "Audio device not found"

8. Sound Device not found

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sound Device not found: I recently updated Windows 10, on start up I had noticed I no longer have any output or input devices to choose from in Settings. I have tried updating every audio driver I have, restarted multiple times, reset my entire PC, reinstalled multiple drivers. Still I do not...
  9. Sound Devices Not Found

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound Devices Not Found: I've just purchased a small USB powered soundbar for my office PC, mainly to alert me when I have emails dropping in. My PC is a Dell Optiplex 790 running Windows 10 v 20h2. The speaker icon has a red circle/white cross symbol on it. If I left click on this the sound...
  10. No sound device installed-VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found.

No sound device installed-VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found.: After Windows 10 opens, this is the display ."The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem." The sound device is now missing. What will I do to solve the problem?...