Windows 10: "no sound device installed" audio does not work on HPnotebood with windows 10

Discus and support "no sound device installed" audio does not work on HPnotebood with windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The audio suddenly stopped working. The message in properties is "no audio output device installed". Is there a fix ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bsank, Oct 12, 2018.

1. bsank Win User

"no sound device installed" audio does not work on HPnotebood with windows 10

The audio suddenly stopped working. The message in properties is "no audio output device installed". Is there a fix ?

:)

bsank, Oct 12, 2018
  2. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Unable to access the sound from other audio device after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Ali,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the playback device after upgrading to Windows 10.

This issue might have occurred due to change in audio settings/ corrupted or outdated drivers, we will help you with this issue.

Step 1: I suggest you to connect the audio device to your computer and change the below settings.

Follow the steps:

• Right click on the sound icon at the bottom right corner of the taskbar.
    • Click on Playback devices.
    • Check if you are able to find the audio device you connected in, in the list of connected playback devices.
    • If yes, click on the icon and then click on Set default option.
    • Click on Apply and then on OK.

Step 2: Isuggest you to update the audio drivers.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on
      High Definition Audio Device and click on Uninstall.
    • Restart and Windows will re-install the
      IDT High Definition Audio driver
    • If it works fine otherwise try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website and install them.

For further reference:Fix sound problems

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 12, 2018
  4. "no sound device installed" audio does not work on HPnotebood with windows 10

The sound icon says "No Audio Output Device Is Installed"

Since the last Windows 10 update I have no sound. (I am assuming this because last week was fine)

The sound icon says "No Audio Output Device Is Installed"

I tried the troubleshooter but AudioPlaybackDiagnostic not working. (A problem ocurred preventing the troubleshooter from working).

In Device Manager/Other Devices;

• Multimedia Audio Controller 'The drivers for this device are not installed (Code 28).There are no drivers for this device. Update = no results
    • PCI Simple Communications Controller=same issue
    In Device Manager/ Sound, video and game controllers

• NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (wave extensible)(WDM); Windows cannot verify the digital signature
    • NVidia GeForce 210; This device is working properly
    In Device Manager/ System devices/ High Definition Audio Controller;

• Windows cannot verify the digital signature . This is a Windows driver Ver. 10.0.10586.0 Date; 10/29/2015
    I have uninstalled / installed drivers with no change.

Also; in Control Panel / Devices and Printers, the folder is empty
    but my printers still work. Add a device function = 'No Device Found'

What can I do next? Do I reinstall the free upgrade to Windows 10? If so, how?

Fendermate, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

"no sound device installed" audio does not work on HPnotebood with windows 10

1. "no sound device installed" audio does not work on HPnotebood with windows 10 - Similar Threads - sound device installed

2. Sound and Audio driver not working ? no audio device found !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound and Audio driver not working ? no audio device found !: After updating the latest update 23H2 in windows 11 my audio I/O drivers not working. It shows "no audio device found". I tried to update the latest drivers from the manufacture website but it also not working . The driver works only once when I installed and restart the...
  3. Sound and Audio driver not working ? no audio device found !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound and Audio driver not working ? no audio device found !: After updating the latest update 23H2 in windows 11 my audio I/O drivers not working. It shows "no audio device found". I tried to update the latest drivers from the manufacture website but it also not working . The driver works only once when I installed and restart the...
  4. Audio not working: "No audio device is installed"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio not working: "No audio device is installed": Laptop: Dell Latitude 9510OS: Windows 11 Pro Build 22631Hi there,I had a problem with the audio on my Dell laptop when playing video, where the audio would not work whilst the video would also stall badly. However, the video played as normal when it was muted.I updated all my...
  5. Audio not working: "No audio device is installed"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio not working: "No audio device is installed": Laptop: Dell Latitude 9510OS: Windows 11 Pro Build 22631Hi there,I had a problem with the audio on my Dell laptop when playing video, where the audio would not work whilst the video would also stall badly. However, the video played as normal when it was muted.I updated all my...
  6. Windows Audio Service not working! - No Audio Devices Installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Audio Service not working! - No Audio Devices Installed: Hello,I am having trouble with my audio devices: There are no audio devices installed: This error occurred after a troublesome update process:Updates weren't installing due to the same error as mentioned here:...
  7. My Sound and Audio Device not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Sound and Audio Device not working: I was checking how to install Realtek HD Audio Manager. Via this link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4PaR2oAv6U After following those steps. My audio device was now completely stopped working. When I checked at Realtek Audio Console. It was not working. Plz, tell a...
  8. Audio Sound Does now Work

Audio Sound Does now Work: Dear Sirs, Audio Sound does not work can you fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-sound-does-now-work/36ed22c5-f779-4d0b-b40d-0721a019d447
  9. Windows 10 - Audio not working no sound

Windows 10 - Audio not working no sound: I was listening to music and out of nowhere my audio cut out for my headphones and I could not hear anything. Apparently my microphone is working fine but my audio is not. I have tried literally everything. I did everything the bot told me to do when I asked for help in sound...
  10. my audio / sound does not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    my audio / sound does not work: I have a problem help my audio or sound does not work and I have not updated anything just since yesterday it does not work I was playing a game and I did not hear I thought it was for the game so I ignored it but today I played another game and it is not heard but I think...