Windows 10: No sound, does not recognise internet connection but internet works.

Discus and support No sound, does not recognise internet connection but internet works. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, My computer HP was working just fine until a month ago when I did a normal shutdown and then restart. After this my sound stopped working, and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KarinLQT, Apr 24, 2020.

1. KarinLQT Win User

No sound, does not recognise internet connection but internet works.

Hi,

My computer HP was working just fine until a month ago when I did a normal shutdown and then restart. After this my sound stopped working, and I noticed that I cannot click on the computer apps from the search box in the bottom left corner I have to go to the settings button and then navigate my way through. The most concerning part is that my computer does not recognise that it is connected to the Internet as evident by this post I am, my Wi-Fi is working but the network icon is not showing that I am connected – instead it says "No Internet, secured". This also means I cannot click on the "Sign In" prompt in e.g. Word to confirm my Office subscription, I cannot manually install any updates etc.

What on earth is going on?

:)

KarinLQT, Apr 24, 2020

2. Internet Connectivity Issues

So heres the deal. My brother who is behind the opposite wall of me is having internet issues. The router is here in my room and his internet is plugged into the Linksys E2000 via a wire going from it to an ethernet wall socket going to his room and into his computer.

He has been having iffy internet for the past 2 days. Fixed it yesterday by rebooting now the problem has resurfaced.

What we have tried:
    • Testing the ethernet cables with a tester. Passed
    • Tested onboard ethernet with known working cable (computer hooked up using my connections in my room) Passed
    • Checked to make sure there was no static IP address in IPv4 settings. Passed
    • Made sure the Network Connection wasnt full on disabled. Passed
    • Swapped the cable leading from the router to the wall outlet in my room. Passed and worked for a few minutes.
    With regards to that last bullet point, the computer is no longer getting internet again despite working for a few minutes. Testing the new cable again, tells us that pins 1 and 2 are "open". That is the second cable in a row that the tester is spitting this message out on.

Any ideas guys? Im out of them.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Apr 24, 2020
  3. AndreePin Win User
    loss of internet connection

Hi Lawrence,

Since you are still experiening internet connection issue, what we can suggest is for you to try and have the Internet Connections troubleshooter. Kindly try the steps below:

• Right click the
      Start
      menu and select Control Panel.

• Change the
      View by: Categoryinto
      Large icons.

• Select and click
      Troubleshooting.

• Click
      Network and Internet.

• Click
      Internet Connections.

• Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.

• After troubleshooting is completed, check the status of the troubleshooter shown on the window.
    Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Apr 24, 2020
  4. No sound, does not recognise internet connection but internet works.

internet not connecting

Hi,

I recently reformatted a computer and when I tried to connect to the internet it wouldn't work. The computer is an IBM and I have loaded Windows XP.

All the settings are the same with internet connections as the settings in my other computers in the house but it still wont connect.

Using cable and on ADSL.

Thank you.

Kymberly_S, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

No sound, does not recognise internet connection but internet works.

1. No sound, does not recognise internet connection but internet works. - Similar Threads - sound does recognise

2. My pc internet connectivity , sound, camera are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc internet connectivity , sound, camera are not working: I deleted some files with auto run and now I can connect to my hotspot anymore because the internet connect tab is gone , the sound too is gone and the cam is not working .. I tried resetting it but fail every time I try to .. I figured I have deleted a very important file or...
  3. No internet and not recognised as administrator.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet and not recognised as administrator.: On returning to my desktop PC this evening I found it was not connected to the internet. When I tried to run the troubleshooter I got the message "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item. " This...
  4. Internet does not connect at startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet does not connect at startup: When I start my laptop and log on to the desktop screen, my internet doesn't connect for about 30-40 seconds. This causes that all the applications that I have open at the beginning do not work correctly and the tabs that I have pinned in my browser are not connected to the...
  5. Internet does not connect at startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet does not connect at startup: When I start my laptop and log on to the desktop screen, my internet doesn't connect for about 30-40 seconds. This causes that all the applications that I have open at the beginning do not work correctly and the tabs that I have pinned in my browser are not connected to the...
  6. Internet does not connect at startup

7. Internet connection does not work

Internet connection does not work: Recently I’ve been having problems with my network access. When I log into my account after restarting I have network access for a few seconds, then it cuts off. When I try to troubleshoot it, it says problem with network adapter or access point and the default gateway is not...
  8. Internet connection and sound stopped working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet connection and sound stopped working.: I was trying to fix an unexpected store exception BSOD, found out that reinstalling monitor driver would help. So I unninstalled it, everything was all right until I restarted the pc, Internet cable is connected but its like connected without Internet. And there is a red x on...
  9. Edge does not connect to internet

Edge does not connect to internet: Edge does not connect to internet. Both Internet Explorer and Firefox will connect. This just occurred this morning. What can I do to resolve the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-does-not-connect-to-internet/73fb128f-7af9-4aea-8147-886e615d4355
  10. Edge does not connect to internet

Edge does not connect to internet: Hi, I have been experiencing "unable to find web page" using MS Edge. I ran Troubleshoot and it said unable to automatically detect Proxy settings. I have followed all the steps from previous posts (Reset TCP/IP, check LAN settings, SFC scan, DISM scan etc, etc) to try...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb4550954