Windows 10: No Sound except when I click the sound preview button in the taskbar.

Discus and support No Sound except when I click the sound preview button in the taskbar. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello my computer has been getting no sound. It gets it in any other Windows profiles but not mine. The windows troubleshooter sees nothing wrong. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dusty1400, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Dusty1400 Win User

No Sound except when I click the sound preview button in the taskbar.

Hello my computer has been getting no sound. It gets it in any other Windows profiles but not mine. The windows troubleshooter sees nothing wrong. The only sound I get is click the volume level in the taskbar and it makes the preview sound but I cannot get it to make any other sounds in my windows profile.

:)

Dusty1400, Mar 9, 2019
  2. fireberd Win User

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Mar 9, 2019
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue No Sound except when I click the sound preview button in the taskbar. :p

cadaveca, Mar 9, 2019
  4. No Sound except when I click the sound preview button in the taskbar.

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Mar 9, 2019
Thema:

No Sound except when I click the sound preview button in the taskbar.

1. No Sound except when I click the sound preview button in the taskbar. - Similar Threads - Sound except click

2. Win11 Internet and Sound Button is not responding to clicks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 Internet and Sound Button is not responding to clicks: Hello,That button just freeze every day when I click on it to change sound output device. Restarting explorer helps, but it keeps happening for some reason. It especially happens after I restart my computer, at a random time after that. It's a minor annoyance but it's still...
  3. Win11 Internet and Sound Button is not responding to clicks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 Internet and Sound Button is not responding to clicks: Hello,That button just freeze every day when I click on it to change sound output device. Restarting explorer helps, but it keeps happening for some reason. It especially happens after I restart my computer, at a random time after that. It's a minor annoyance but it's still...
  4. Clicking Sound

Clicking Sound: I am on windows 10 hp laptop.When I adjust the screen angle, the left bottom side of the screen seems to make clicking noises that gradually turn from a not too loud sound and then stops it is. The clicking slows down when it starts to be silent. When this happens, the screen...
  5. Clicking Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clicking Sound: I am on windows 10 hp laptop.When I adjust the screen angle, the left bottom side of the screen seems to make clicking noises that gradually turn from a not too loud sound and then stops it is. The clicking slows down when it starts to be silent. When this happens, the screen...
  6. Network/Sound and Calendar buttons in the taskbar are unresponsive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network/Sound and Calendar buttons in the taskbar are unresponsive.: I feel like I've tried everything. Just those two buttons are not working. The rest of the taskbar works just fine. This seemed to start happening when I installed Equalizer APO.I have:Restarted Windows Explorer by using task manager.Done a Dism check of system in cmd and...
  7. Network/Sound and Calendar buttons in the taskbar are unresponsive.

Network/Sound and Calendar buttons in the taskbar are unresponsive.: I feel like I've tried everything. Just those two buttons are not working. The rest of the taskbar works just fine. This seemed to start happening when I installed Equalizer APO.I have:Restarted Windows Explorer by using task manager.Done a Dism check of system in cmd and...
  8. Battery and Sound button in taskbar not working when clicked.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery and Sound button in taskbar not working when clicked.: They doesn't respond when clicked on home screen but work when any app is opened.in homescreen when i pressed sound and battery button it shows as clicked but there is nothing . See Screenshot 1but when i open any other app like chrome and click on battery and sound button it...
  9. Alarm sound plays when I click on the date/time icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alarm sound plays when I click on the date/time icon on taskbar: Title says it all, when I click the date and time icon (next to the activity button) my alarm sound plays (I use this to remind me when school is starting). I don't know why, disabling the alarm doesn't help. The alarm sound does not change if I change the sound on my alarm...
  10. Sound crackling, clicking etc. when playing sounds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound crackling, clicking etc. when playing sounds: Hello there, I just got myself registered and I have some problems with my sounds (text is copied from sevenforums; some may know it). Problem: You could describe the problem as a sound clicking or crackling. Those appear in various situations, for example when playing...