Windows 10: No sound feedback when changing volume with taskbar volume slider

Discus and support No sound feedback when changing volume with taskbar volume slider in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; No sound feedback when changing volume with volume slider but i can hear the sound feedback when i change the volume from inside sound settings in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AbdullahTwait, Jun 26, 2021.

1. No sound feedback when changing volume with taskbar volume slider

No sound feedback when changing volume with volume slider but i can hear the sound feedback when i change the volume from inside sound settings in windows settings , every thing is working fine regarding my sound drivers and settings , i have only this issue

:)

AbdullahTwait, Jun 26, 2021
  2. Pavan_N Win User

speaker ( or sound ) slider switch disappeared

Hi Hank,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

• Are you able to use Volume slider on the taskbar?

• Do you get any error message?

• Are you able to see sound icon on the taskbar?
    I suggest you to hoover your mouse on the right side of the taskbar and click on the sound icon and try to use volume slider and check if it that works.

Follow the steps below and check.

• Discover the empty slot on the
      Taskbar
      and Right click.

• Click on Properties.

• Under Taskbar tab and Notification area
      click on Custom.

• Tap on Select which icons appears on the taskbar.

• Turn on Volume option.
    Hope this helps. If any other issues get back to us. We are glad to help you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Jun 26, 2021
  3. Changing volume using Windows 10 volume slider vs changing volume in media player

What are the differences in the quality of sound output when the volume is changed in the following environments:

• Windows 10 volume slider in bottom-right corner
    • Media program such as VLC player when playing a music file
    • Media program such as Spotify when streaming music

Is there any difference between the 3, e.g., would turning down the volume using Windows 10 volume slider be any different from turning down the volume using the VLC inbuilt volume slider?

George Tian, Jun 26, 2021
  4. Martmcd Win User

No sound feedback when changing volume with taskbar volume slider

Can't Hear "Ding" Sound When Changing Volume

I cant think why that should have happened but check the volume of system sounds as a first step.

right click on the speaker icon in taskbar and select Open volume mixer

in the volume mixer check the volume of system sounds and make sure that it is not muted (look at the icon below the volume slider).

if its not that, come back to us and i will try something else, do you hear other system sounds?

Martmcd, Jun 26, 2021
Thema:

No sound feedback when changing volume with taskbar volume slider

1. No sound feedback when changing volume with taskbar volume slider - Similar Threads - sound feedback changing

2. Volume slider does not affect sound volume at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume slider does not affect sound volume at all: I use HP 14s-fq0011au with windows 11 version 22H2 Build 22621.1344The volume slider does not work at all, it will not impact the output sound volume. My work around is by going to volume mixer and use the volume slider for the apps. how to fix this ? I already use the latest...
  3. Volume slider does not affect sound volume at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume slider does not affect sound volume at all: I use HP 14s-fq0011au with windows 11 version 22H2 Build 22621.1344The volume slider does not work at all, it will not impact the output sound volume. My work around is by going to volume mixer and use the volume slider for the apps. how to fix this ? I already use the latest...
  4. Sound Slider disappeared when changing volume with external volume controls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound Slider disappeared when changing volume with external volume controls: Hello. I have been using a Logitech G213 to control my volume and to skip songs while listening to music. But now suddenly the popup that happens while doing this has stopped showing up. This has prevented me from skipping through music and has become a hindrance. I hope...
  5. Sound Slider disappeared when changing volume with external volume controls

Sound Slider disappeared when changing volume with external volume controls: Hello. I have been using a Logitech G213 to control my volume and to skip songs while listening to music. But now suddenly the popup that happens while doing this has stopped showing up. This has prevented me from skipping through music and has become a hindrance. I hope...
  6. Sound becomes muted while changing volume with slider in taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound becomes muted while changing volume with slider in taskbar: I had this strange issue and looked it up - apparently others have had this issue as well.What I found was that it was somehow related to a Windows Alarm that I had set and not dismissed - but the alarm window was no longer being displayedi turned off Windows Alarms and the...
  7. Sound becomes muted while changing volume with slider in taskbar

Sound becomes muted while changing volume with slider in taskbar: I had this strange issue and looked it up - apparently others have had this issue as well.What I found was that it was somehow related to a Windows Alarm that I had set and not dismissed - but the alarm window was no longer being displayedi turned off Windows Alarms and the...
  8. Sound becomes muted while changing volume with slider in taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. No sound feedback when changing volume with volume slider

No sound feedback when changing volume with volume slider: Hello, I'm getting no notification sound when I increase/decrease volume from task bar. So, as a result, I am unable to hear how loud is the new volume of sound. Also, the system is able to play music normally and other sound notifications. Note that the Windows "sound"...
  10. Volume slider in taskbar

Volume slider in taskbar: I'm looking for a way to add a volume slider in the taskbar, not the system tray does anyone know how to do this? All my searches talk about missing Icon in the system tray, I wish to have it always open in the taskbar....