Windows 10: No sound feedback when changing volume with volume slider

Discus and support No sound feedback when changing volume with volume slider in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I'm getting no notification sound when I increase/decrease volume from task bar. So, as a result, I am unable to hear how loud is the new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by #IamLiam, Nov 23, 2020.

1. #IamLiam Win User

No sound feedback when changing volume with volume slider

Hello,

I'm getting no notification sound when I increase/decrease volume from task bar.

So, as a result, I am unable to hear how loud is the new volume of sound.

Also, the system is able to play music normally and other sound notifications.

Note that the Windows "sound" profile is set as default, with all correct drivers installed.

The only way I'm able te get the feedback is doing Right click on the Sound icon -> Open Volume Mixer and clicking on the slider of my speakers, but this old mixer sometimes need two clicks to open, takes time to load 2s~ and is very ugly...

I am using Windows 10 20H2 Build 19042.630

Thanks,

:)

#IamLiam, Nov 23, 2020

2. Changing volume using Windows 10 volume slider vs changing volume in media player

What are the differences in the quality of sound output when the volume is changed in the following environments:

• Windows 10 volume slider in bottom-right corner
    • Media program such as VLC player when playing a music file
    • Media program such as Spotify when streaming music

Is there any difference between the 3, e.g., would turning down the volume using Windows 10 volume slider be any different from turning down the volume using the VLC inbuilt volume slider?

George Tian, Nov 23, 2020
  3. Changing volume using Windows 10 volume slider vs changing volume in media player

Windows 10 volume slider:

This is the main slider which controls overall volume of your PC.

VLC player & Spotify

These and other similar programs volume sliders control itself volume.

Example:

if you decrease volume or mute within media player then you are modifying that specific player sound; Not entire PC. Which means, Those settings won't applied on Windows Notification System OR other media players and they can play sounds.

And if you modify Windows 10 volume like "mute it" then all sounds will be muted. (Including media player, notification and other sounds)

In Short:

• Windows 10: Global settings and will effect all sounds (players, notifications etc)
    • Media Players: Specific player settings

Hope it helps No sound feedback when changing volume with volume slider :)

Atlas_Gondal, Nov 23, 2020
  4. Lil Pips Win User

HD7: Sound Volume cannot be changed in-app.

I just got 2 HD7's 2 days ago and I'm having a number of problems with this phone.

This one is odd: in all of the game trials I have downloaded, some of the games have options that split up the sound into music and sound effects, and others just have a single volume slider.

In the games with a single volume slider, changing this DOES NOTHING. The entire volume of the game stays the same. The volume of course can be changed by using the hardware volume buttons. However, my goal is to have the ring of the phone stay loud,
    and keep the volume of the games lower. If this is not possible, why even have a volume slider in the games in the first place?

In the games with 2 different sliders (one for music, one for sound effects), the sound effects slider again, DOES NOTHING. The music slider does alter the volume of the music in the game.

Why does one slider work while the other does not? I should also mention that if I move the sound effect (or single slider) all the way to 0, the game DOES get muted, and the rest of the apps on the phone stay at their original volume level.

So, it seems that for:

a) single game volume sliders: your choices are on or off, or change with the hardware buttons (why even have a slider)

b) one slider for music and one for sound effects: the music slider works properly, and the sound effects slider works exactly the same as Slider Type A.

For Type A, is this a problem with the OS in general? It seems foolish to include a slider if the only options are on/off and using the hardware buttons.

For Type B, why is the behavior different across the two types of sliders?

Thanks.

Lil Pips, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

1. No sound feedback when changing volume with volume slider - Similar Threads - sound feedback changing

2. Volume slider does not affect sound volume at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume slider does not affect sound volume at all: I use HP 14s-fq0011au with windows 11 version 22H2 Build 22621.1344The volume slider does not work at all, it will not impact the output sound volume. My work around is by going to volume mixer and use the volume slider for the apps. how to fix this ? I already use the latest...
  3. Volume slider does not affect sound volume at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume slider does not affect sound volume at all: I use HP 14s-fq0011au with windows 11 version 22H2 Build 22621.1344The volume slider does not work at all, it will not impact the output sound volume. My work around is by going to volume mixer and use the volume slider for the apps. how to fix this ? I already use the latest...
  4. Sound Slider disappeared when changing volume with external volume controls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound Slider disappeared when changing volume with external volume controls: Hello. I have been using a Logitech G213 to control my volume and to skip songs while listening to music. But now suddenly the popup that happens while doing this has stopped showing up. This has prevented me from skipping through music and has become a hindrance. I hope...
  5. Sound Slider disappeared when changing volume with external volume controls

Sound Slider disappeared when changing volume with external volume controls: Hello. I have been using a Logitech G213 to control my volume and to skip songs while listening to music. But now suddenly the popup that happens while doing this has stopped showing up. This has prevented me from skipping through music and has become a hindrance. I hope...
  6. volume slider

in Windows 10 Gaming
    volume slider: the volume slider which pop's up when you click the sound keys on the keyboard they don't show up nowi had turned of the thing in a app but now the app wont open this slider wont come now help!...
  7. volume slider

volume slider: the volume slider which pop's up when you click the sound keys on the keyboard they don't show up nowi had turned of the thing in a app but now the app wont open this slider wont come now help!...
  8. volume slider

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. No sound feedback when changing volume with taskbar volume slider

No sound feedback when changing volume with taskbar volume slider: No sound feedback when changing volume with volume slider but i can hear the sound feedback when i change the volume from inside sound settings in windows settings , every thing is working fine regarding my sound drivers and settings , i have only this issue...
  10. Volume Slider Changes Colors

Volume Slider Changes Colors: The color of the volume slider in my Win10 machine randomly changes colors. While this is not particularly significant, I find it slightly annoying. I've looked in a few places to determine how to change this behavior, but without success. If anyone has an idea, please let...