Windows 10: No sound from Bluetooth headset unless I disable its microphone in Sound control panel

Discus and support No sound from Bluetooth headset unless I disable its microphone in Sound control panel in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, Windows 10, 64-bit, 2004 Dell laptop, with latest drives I recently connected my Aukey Bluetooth earbud to my PC. In Control Panel -> Sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by redhonker, Nov 28, 2020.

1. redhonker Win User

No sound from Bluetooth headset unless I disable its microphone in Sound control panel

Hi,

Windows 10, 64-bit, 2004

Dell laptop, with latest drives

I recently connected my Aukey Bluetooth earbud to my PC. In Control Panel -> Sound -> Playback has 2 devices

- Headset Free AG Audio as the default communication device. Test is audible but garbage

- Headphoens Stereo as the default device. Test is not audible I can see the bar moving. If I play any music, it goes to headphones soundbar moving but I can't hear anything

If I disable headset, I still can't hear anything from headphones, except first test after roobot.

I read somewhere and tried: disable Hands-Free AG in Recording. Now I can hear the audio. But then the earbud microphone does not work.

What could I do to fix this?

Thanks

:)

redhonker, Nov 28, 2020
  2. Az Har Win User

Headphone, earphone and microphone are not in Sound Control Panel.

Windows 10 64 bit

No sound from Bluetooth headset  unless I disable its microphone in Sound control panel [​IMG]

No sound from Bluetooth headset  unless I disable its microphone in Sound control panel [​IMG]

Stereo mix and line & mic at front or rear panel don't work too.

I somehow managed to get my headphone to play the same thing as my speaker at the same time but that's as far as i got.

Az Har, Nov 28, 2020
  3. External microphone not showing in the Recording tab

My Windows 10 laptop is not recognizing any external microphones. I have two headsets: a Bluetooth one and one for an audio jack. Both headsets work correctly on other devices. When I connect the headsets to my computer, I can hear audio, but the microphones
    do not work.

Here are the steps I've taken so far:

• Updated drivers (they were already up to date)
    • From Sound Settings, headsets do not appear as options for the input device
    • Ran the microphone troubleshooter - headsets do not appear as options
    • From Control Panel > Sound > Recording, headsets do not appear as options. I have selected the disabled and disconnected devices options.
    • From Microphone Privacy, all apps have access to the microphone.
    That's everything I found online to fix this problem. Any suggestions?

TechWriterHeather, Nov 28, 2020
  4. No sound from Bluetooth headset unless I disable its microphone in Sound control panel

No sound in bluetooth headset when OS access its microphone (Win 10)

It used to work properly until recently, but now I can't make calls over Skype or Viber. When a call starts all audio on my end disables (but the interlocutor does hear my mic).

Audio also turns off when I open audio & video settings in Skype, or the tab "Recording" in the sound settings of the Control Panel.

I tried restarting and reconnecting the headset, disabling and re-enabling Bluetooth, checked off "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" on both headphones and the microphone, and it didn't work.

I haven't installed any specific drivers, the system automatically recognized the headset when I first connected it. And doesn't look like this headset even got any.

I also tried launching the troubleshooter and it did not identify any problems, only offered to disable audio enhancements, which I did.

grimreaper, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

No sound from Bluetooth headset unless I disable its microphone in Sound control panel

1. No sound from Bluetooth headset unless I disable its microphone in Sound control panel - Similar Threads - sound Bluetooth headset

2. Microphone not appearing in sound control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not appearing in sound control panel: I had to change my motherboard and CPU as I had fried them both by accident, and now I have a 5600x and an MSI motherboard B-550m pro-vdh-WIFI, if that can be useful. So, I wanted to play No Man's Sky with friends, but I was surprised to find that my headset's microphone was...
  3. Microphone not appearing in sound control panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not appearing in sound control panel: I had to change my motherboard and CPU as I had fried them both by accident, and now I have a 5600x and an MSI motherboard B-550m pro-vdh-WIFI, if that can be useful. So, I wanted to play No Man's Sky with friends, but I was surprised to find that my headset's microphone was...
  4. Microphone not appearing in sound control panel

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. My Bluetooth headset is shown as "disconnected" in "Sound" option in "Control Panel" in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Bluetooth headset is shown as "disconnected" in "Sound" option in "Control Panel" in...: Hello1- All of my Bluetooth drivers are installed correctly on my laptop Dell Vostro 1510 and are up to date:2- My Bluetooth hardware is working correctly and I can send & receive files with it.3- My Bluetooth headset QCY-T13 is working correctly with my android phone.4- I...
  6. My Bluetooth headset is shown as "disconnected" in "Sound" option in "Control Panel" in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Bluetooth headset is shown as "disconnected" in "Sound" option in "Control Panel" in...: Hello1- All of my Bluetooth drivers are installed correctly on my laptop Dell Vostro 1510 and are up to date:2- My Bluetooth hardware is working correctly and I can send & receive files with it.3- My Bluetooth headset QCY-T13 is working correctly with my android phone.4- I...
  7. Sound Control Panel Missing Microphone Button

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Control Panel Missing Microphone Button: I recently purchased a new Dell laptop to replace my old Dell made in 2015. Of course, both use Windows 10. I record weekly podcasts and use a Yeti Blue USB mic and Audacity. In setting up the mic for the new machine, I learned I cannot monitor my recording input without a...
  8. Bluetooth headset and headpones in Sound control panel

Bluetooth headset and headpones in Sound control panel: Hi, Windows 10, 64-bit, 2004 I recently connected my Aukey Bluetooth earbud to my PC. In Control Panel -> Sound -> Playback has 2 devices - Headset Free AG Audio as the default communication device. Test is audible but garbage - Headphoens Stereo as the default...
  9. Headphone, earphone and microphone are not in Sound Control Panel.

Headphone, earphone and microphone are not in Sound Control Panel.: Windows 10 64 bit [img] [img] [img] Stereo mix and line & mic at front or rear panel don't work too. I somehow managed to get my headphone to play the same thing as my speaker at the same time but that's as far as i got. [img] 150404
  10. Sound Control Panel

Sound Control Panel: Hi.Running a Windows 10 computer.Running headless using Remote Desktop.Only use the computer as a music server.Have a dac connected to computer.In sound panel under playback it's only option is Remote Audio.Dac and other options are not there.Right click to show disabled and...