Windows 10: No sound from Dell U3821DW monitor with Dell laptop

Discus and support No sound from Dell U3821DW monitor with Dell laptop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Dear all,Looking for a solution to solve the sound problem with my Dell monitor I came across this thread.No sound from/through Dell U3818DW monitor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by soguhw, Jan 16, 2022.

1. soguhw Win User

No sound from Dell U3821DW monitor with Dell laptop

Dear all,Looking for a solution to solve the sound problem with my Dell monitor I came across this thread.No sound from/through Dell U3818DW monitor with Latitude 5520 - Microsoft CommunityUnfortunately, the tread is locked, so I cannot ask my question there. I have the same problem, but with the U3821DW. I would like to solve it with Boris' solution, but 1. I don't know which sound drivers I have to uninstall do not want to make te problem bigger2. I don't know which driver I have to update/reinstall. In device manger my monitor is nowhere mentioned. Should I reinstall the firmware? I think

:)

soguhw, Jan 16, 2022

2. Dell Monitor Camera

I have a Dell Monitor hooked to a Dell XPS Laptop. I want to use the monitor camera not the laptop camera. I've tried the suggestions from a closed thread about activating the camera but when I try the steps it keeps going to the laptop camera.

Suggestions or am I asking the impossible.

SandyM-798, Jan 16, 2022
  3. lvgandhi Win User
    no sound after connection dell monitor through hdmi

Thanks for the response. I have done it already as you suggested and now all OK.

lvgandhi, Jan 16, 2022
  4. SoFine409 Win User

no sound after connection dell monitor through hdmi

Look in settings and see what sound output device is listed. If your monitor isn’t shown then that’s likely your problem.
    Otherwise look at this article on the Dell Display Manager. https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/e...manager#Models. Near the end there is a listing of the supported Dell monitors. If yours is on the list you could install it and see if it fixes the problem.

SoFine409, Jan 16, 2022
Thema:

1. No sound from Dell U3821DW monitor with Dell laptop - Similar Threads - sound Dell U3821DW

2. No sound from Dell U3821DW monitor with Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound from Dell U3821DW monitor with Dell laptop: Dear all,Looking for a solution to solve the sound problem with my Dell monitor I came across this thread.No sound from/through Dell U3818DW monitor with Latitude 5520 - Microsoft CommunityUnfortunately, the tread is locked, so I cannot ask my question there. I have the same...
  3. No sound from/through Dell U3818DW monitor with Latitude 5520 notebook

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound from/through Dell U3818DW monitor with Latitude 5520 notebook: Hi team,I switched my Precision 5520 NB to a new Latitude 5520.The connection is only through the USB-C plug/port. All communication/power/video goes through USB-C.With the new system I get no sound out of the speakers in monitor.The old NB got the 2-IntelR Display Audio...
  4. My Dell monitor is not muting my sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Dell monitor is not muting my sound: My dell monitor suddenly stopped muting the sound to my student. It does mute their voice. But they can still hear me. What do I need to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-dell-monitor-is-not-muting-my-sound/a12e6c58-e011-4e26-bea1-e9f23c21864e
  5. Sound regarding dell inspiron laptop

Sound regarding dell inspiron laptop: Hey there peeps, This all started when I was hearing static coming from my headset yesterday at about 6 pm. I tried to update my audio drivers, but they up and disappeared on me. I tried to reinstall it on my own, but nothing seems to work. Things you should know: I...
  6. connect monitor to my dell laptop

connect monitor to my dell laptop: how I connect monitor to my computer? the monitor did not display nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-monitor-to-my-dell-laptop/b2817c37-c996-4fab-967b-304704115f80
  7. Dell Monitor Camera

Dell Monitor Camera: I have a Dell Monitor hooked to a Dell XPS Laptop. I want to use the monitor camera not the laptop camera. I've tried the suggestions from a closed thread about activating the camera but when I try the steps it keeps going to the laptop camera. Suggestions or am I asking...
  8. monitor add on with a Dell Laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    monitor add on with a Dell Laptop: i'm trying to add a second HP monitor to my Dell laptop.Its not being identified and says to check my cable connections or to select Extend and it wont let me change my setting...
  9. No sound from my dell laptop's speaker but headphone works.

No sound from my dell laptop's speaker but headphone works.: I've run a lot of troubleshooting about this to make sure it's a software failure nothing about hardware. I tried to install two different version of Realtek driver, which was 6.0.1.8186 (14/6/2017) and 6.0.1.8142 (2/5/2017) they both have the same problem. Now I use...
  10. Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell laptop: I am having trouble getting past the dell loading screen that says attempting repairs and I have tried the system boot assessment and it’s still doing the same thing. And I was using my laptop earlier today and now can’t do anything with it can someone please help me