Windows 10: No sound from HDMI connected monitor

Discus and support No sound from HDMI connected monitor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The sound quit working on my HDMI connected monitor. It says headphone or speaker unplugged. I'm pretty sure some update caused it. I have a Dell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JamesCoy1, Mar 4, 2020.

1. JamesCoy1 Win User

No sound from HDMI connected monitor

The sound quit working on my HDMI connected monitor. It says headphone or speaker unplugged. I'm pretty sure some update caused it. I have a Dell Inspiron Desktop.

:)

JamesCoy1, Mar 4, 2020

2. dual monitors stops sound

Hi David,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• When will the sound disable, when playing through main monitor or the extended monitor?
    • Did you try enabling the sound from the sound drivers and check if it helps?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    This issue causes because the monitor automatically takes the HDMI sound as the Default input. Disable and enable the speakers and check if it helps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the volume control and then
      Properties
    • When you connect the HDMI it becomes the default output device, even though it has no speakers.
    • You need to change this back to "Speakers" and set as default.

No sound from HDMI connected monitor [​IMG]

Hope this helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 4, 2020
  3. Sound Not Working when connecting monitor via HDMI

Hi Eric,

As per the information provided, I suggest that you follow the steps below and check if the sound protrudes through the system.

1. Right click on the Sound Icon located on the notification area, and select Playback Devices.

2. Here while the monitor is plugged to the PC, select your monitor device.

3. Here highlight the device and click on Properties.

4. On the next window, under Device Usage, select Don't use this device (Disable).

5. Once done, follow steps 1 - 3, and instead of clicking on Properties click on Configure.

6. Follow the on screen instructions and check

No sound from HDMI connected monitor [​IMG]

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 4, 2020
  4. No sound from HDMI connected monitor

Sound Not Working when connecting monitor via HDMI

I have my monitor connected with an HDMI cable. the Monitor has no speakers. I assume this is the problem.

Is there a way to direct the sound to the computer's internal speaker with the HDMI cable connecting the Monitor?

Original Title- Sound Not Working

Eric Fisher 68, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

No sound from HDMI connected monitor

1. No sound from HDMI connected monitor - Similar Threads - sound HDMI connected

2. sound not transferring through hdmi when connected to external monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sound not transferring through hdmi when connected to external monitor: Sound not transferring through HDMI when connected to external monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-not-transferring-through-hdmi-when-connected/356b716d-5e28-4d2b-885a-3711061cbf09
  3. HDMI monitor disabled sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI monitor disabled sound: Hi,I recently purchased an ASUS VA27EHE Eye Care Monitor and connected it to my Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 running Windows 11 version 10.0.22000 Build 22000 using an HDMI cable. While the external monitor offers an enhanced visual experience, alas entirely disabled the sound...
  4. HDMI monitor disabled sound

HDMI monitor disabled sound: Hi,I recently purchased an ASUS VA27EHE Eye Care Monitor and connected it to my Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 running Windows 11 version 10.0.22000 Build 22000 using an HDMI cable. While the external monitor offers an enhanced visual experience, alas entirely disabled the sound...
  5. Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable: When I connect the laptop to a monitor with a hdmi cable, I can watch the video but don´t listen the audio.I´ve reviewed the driver sound intel R for displays and it show that it´s windows/system32 but my laptop is windows System 64.I´m believed that perhaps the problem is on...
  6. Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable

Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable: When I connect the laptop to a monitor with a hdmi cable, I can watch the video but don´t listen the audio.I´ve reviewed the driver sound intel R for displays and it show that it´s windows/system32 but my laptop is windows System 64.I´m believed that perhaps the problem is on...
  7. Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. no sound after connection dell monitor through hdmi

no sound after connection dell monitor through hdmi: I connect my laptop to 21 inch dell monitor to view things in bigger screen through HDMI port. Before clean install windows 10 20h2 I could hear sound from connected speakers when monitor is connected. When I first connected monitor before clean install it installed a driver...
  9. no HDMI connection to monitor

no HDMI connection to monitor: have checked cable and driver update what next? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-hdmi-connection-to-monitor/dae9274b-c160-408c-bd77-87531c84df3c
  10. New Monitor No Sound from HDMI

New Monitor No Sound from HDMI: Just got a new monitor today, Samsung S24D300HL which I have plugged into my Nvidia Geforce GTX 745 video card via HDMI. Picture is great no problems there. However I have no sound at all. I've updated my graphics driver via Nvidia Experience program version 361.43 I've...