Windows 10: No sound from headphone jack on Rode Podcaster

Discus and support No sound from headphone jack on Rode Podcaster in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi the problem i have is that the headphone jack on my rode podcaster dont play any sound from the computer. this is what i have tired to do to fix it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by silentpower415, Feb 28, 2019.

1. No sound from headphone jack on Rode Podcaster

Hi the problem i have is that the headphone jack on my rode podcaster dont play any sound from the computer.
    this is what i have tired to do to fix it
    I set it to default in the playback options and dissabld my normal sound card restared pc and still no sound when you right klick and do test i get an error "Failed to play test tone".
    If i start windows in safe mode and do the same thing it dose work.
    so i removed my sound card and did a fresh install of windows but the issue is still the same. so i would like help to find out what software conflict can it be that dont make it work when i start windows normaly.

I have windows 10 pro version 1809

pc specs
    asus rampage iv extreme
    intel i7 3930k

corsair vengeance 16gb

nvidia gtx titan

asus xonar essence stx

:)

silentpower415, Feb 28, 2019

2. Rode Podcaster Windows 10 - Distorted Windows Sounds through Microphone - Recording works fine.

Hello,

I just bought the Rode Podcaster and installed it on my Windows 10 machine. At first, it was working totally fine! I could record high quality sounds, I could hear myself and all Windows sounds (from Games, Videos and Skype calls) were absolutely clear.

But suddenly all sounds other than my own monitored voice, sound totally distorted! Even the "pling" when you change the system volume is super distorted. It sounds like Windows is sending a too loud sound stream to the Podcaster and the Podcaster is distroting
    it trying to reduce the volume.

WHAT DID I CHANGE? I realy checked everything, but I cannot find any option, that has an effect. Any advice please?

What I checked:

• I used another analog sound output from my PC, it works.
    • I tested two different sets of Headphones: the work
    • I changed every possible option in the sound options that are available under windows
    • I checked for the latest soundcard drivers for my MSI M3 Mainboard (although I think it has nothing to do with that)
    • I tried to find an updated version of the Rode Podcaster microphone driver, but I could find it
    • I used a System Restore Point from two days ago (I installed the mike today), but it didn't change anything
    • I deinstalled the driver manually and reinstalled it by plugging the mike out and in again, no change

I really appreciate any help from you guys!!!

NicolajBky, Feb 28, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    RODE Podcaster mic no longer working since Windows 10 "WannaCry" update

Hi,

It is possible that RODE Podcaster microphone may not work can be due to wrong configuration settings. To better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you tried checking the settings of your microphone?
    • Have you tried configuring your microphone?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter in this article:
    Fix sound problems.
    It will let you diagnose and provide a remedy to sound issues.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Feb 28, 2019
  4. No sound from headphone jack on Rode Podcaster

Does Windows 10 support Rode Podcaster

Hello,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

Let us try to install the Rode Podcaster driver in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow the below steps:

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select
      Properties.
    • Select Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select
      previous the version of Windows from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Also, see: Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

No sound from headphone jack on Rode Podcaster

1. No sound from headphone jack on Rode Podcaster - Similar Threads - sound headphone jack

2. Sound problem with jack connected headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound problem with jack connected headphones: My laptop is a Dell 16 7610 with Windows 11, 23H2. During the last few weeks, I have the following problem with the sound of my laptop. The sound works all right with the internal speakers and/or Bluetooth connected speakers. However, when I try to connect external speakers...
  3. Sound problem with jack connected headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound problem with jack connected headphones: My laptop is a Dell 16 7610 with Windows 11, 23H2. During the last few weeks, I have the following problem with the sound of my laptop. The sound works all right with the internal speakers and/or Bluetooth connected speakers. However, when I try to connect external speakers...
  4. Windows 11 and Rode Podcaster

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 and Rode Podcaster: Hi all,I have spent countless hours now trying to get my Rode Podcaster to work on windows 11. I can simply plug and play on my Mac but not my windows. It’s a brand new mic. My pc shows “driver error” and then Error code 10 couldn’t start up devices. I’ve read all the forums...
  5. Windows 11 and Rode Podcaster

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 and Rode Podcaster: Hi all,I have spent countless hours now trying to get my Rode Podcaster to work on windows 11. I can simply plug and play on my Mac but not my windows. It’s a brand new mic. My pc shows “driver error” and then Error code 10 couldn’t start up devices. I’ve read all the forums...
  6. Dell E6400 - No Sound from Headphone Jack

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell E6400 - No Sound from Headphone Jack: Working on a really old Dell E6400 laptop. The laptop speakers produce sound but when you plug in external speakers using the headphone jack, power supplied through USB port, there is no sound. When you look at the various sound panels nothing indicates the external speakers...
  7. Rode Podcaster not working win 10

Rode Podcaster not working win 10: Hi guys, I have a rode podcaster I cannot get working on a windows 10 machine. everything is up to date. here is the spec: [ATTACH] Ive download the rode ASIO drivers as well as the setup utility from rode. None of it works. The PC recognised the mic, but...
  8. No Sound from Internal Speakers, only Headphone Jack

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Sound from Internal Speakers, only Headphone Jack: I just updated my ROG GU501G laptop to the latest Windows update last night and since then I havent been able to get any sound coming out of my internal speakers. Sounds comes fine through the headphone jack. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers. I tried...
  9. Static / uneven sound from headphone jack.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Static / uneven sound from headphone jack.: My HP laptop's (cx0056wm) headphone started giving weird noises from this morning. The real sound is mixed with all types of electrical noises (humm ,buzz ,static etc) .I have tried all the obvious solutions (rebooting ,driver ,cleaning jack ,etc) ,but nothing worked. I am...
  10. Audio output issues with Headphone jack on Rode Podcaster, Windows 10.

Audio output issues with Headphone jack on Rode Podcaster, Windows 10.: Hi the problem i have is that the headphone jack on my rode podcaster dont play any sound from the computer. this is what i have tired to do to fix it I set it to default in the playback options and dissabld my normal sound card restared pc and still no sound when you right...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. headphone jack on rode podcaster

2. windows audio output through rode podcaster headphones