Windows 10: No sound from headphones but speakers work.

Discus and support No sound from headphones but speakers work. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; We will keep in mind about comfort and quality of the headphones. The things we are seeking is fantastic audio quality at the start. However, comfort... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Favirs, Nov 19, 2015.

1. JellyMcl Win User

No sound from headphones but speakers work.

We will keep in mind about comfort and quality of the headphones. The things we are seeking is fantastic audio quality at the start. However, comfort and ease is equally important as the audio quality.It is why you should try the headphones firstly prior to purchase. Of course, you may look for user reviews online or read critical reviews, but the best thing is always to try the headphones personally. Using this method you'll know whether or not they are good enough for you personally. We suggest you to try out as many headphones as you can in the shop before you decide. Occasionally the cheaper ones can fit you much better. Then you can get them without doubts.

JellyMcl, Dec 26, 2016
  2. hmrnmky Win User

I have the same problem with my new HP running Windows 10. I plug in the headphones or earbuds but no sound, the sound continues to come through the speakers. I also updated the driver but when you open 'Sound' only the speakers are shown. The headphones/earbuds doe not appear so I can not set them as the default. Any ideas on how to make the headphones/earbuds appear in the window?

hmrnmky, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

No sound from headphones but speakers work.

1. No sound from headphones but speakers work. - Similar Threads - sound headphones speakers

2. No sound on speaker, but on headphone is worked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound on speaker, but on headphone is worked: Hello,So last week I go to a computer repair service to replace my laptop's keyboard my laptop still on Windows 10. When I take it back, I noticed that the computer can't automatically switch between speaker and headphone. I bring my laptop again to them and they tried to do...
  3. No sound on speaker, but on headphone is worked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound on speaker, but on headphone is worked: Hello,So last week I go to a computer repair service to replace my laptop's keyboard my laptop still on Windows 10. When I take it back, I noticed that the computer can't automatically switch between speaker and headphone. I bring my laptop again to them and they tried to do...
  4. Sound Not Working, 'No speakers or headphones are plugged in'

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Not Working, 'No speakers or headphones are plugged in': The sound is not working and it does not even register my laptops speakers as existing, there is a red x on the volume icon on the bottom of my page. The sound does however playback when I connect a Bluetooth device and it plays back on the device just fine. When I disconnect...
  5. No sound coming from headphones and speakers

No sound coming from headphones and speakers: So I was playing some games with my friends on discord when I got up to eat dinner, and during that time my computer went to sleep. When I got back there was a message that popped up saying that a new input was detected and asked me to switch. I decided not to but then I...
  6. Sound Headphones - Speaker

Sound Headphones - Speaker: So i have speaker and headphones. When i plugg in just one of them, in sounds at playback it appears like "speaker", if i plugg in both of devices, the same appears in sounds at playback. I don't know how to make 2 "things" in sound settings. 1 for speaker and 1 for...
  7. No sound from my dell laptop's speaker but headphone works.

No sound from my dell laptop's speaker but headphone works.: I've run a lot of troubleshooting about this to make sure it's a software failure nothing about hardware. I tried to install two different version of Realtek driver, which was 6.0.1.8186 (14/6/2017) and 6.0.1.8142 (2/5/2017) they both have the same problem. Now I use...
  8. No Sound From HeadPhones But Speaker Works

No Sound From HeadPhones But Speaker Works: I Have a HP Pavilion g7-1355dx Notebook PC And I Just Upgraded From Windows 7 To Windows 10 And I Cant Hear Anything From My Headphones But Only From My Internal Speaker. The HeadPhones Work Fine On My DeskTop And They Dont Require A Drive. have tried updating the...
  9. Audio sound not working on speakers/or headphones. No sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio sound not working on speakers/or headphones. No sound: Yesterday my audio worked fine on both my speakers on my laptop (Dell Inspiron/N5110) and headphones. Then all of a sudden they stopped working. I have made sure that all the volumes are not muted. I did a troubleshoot on playing audio and it said low audio device volume...
  10. No sound from speakers/headphones

No sound from speakers/headphones: Hi, I have the Dell XPS 8300 with the onboard Realtek HD Audio. I can't get any sound from speakers/headphones using any of the ports at the back and the front audio jack. The speakers are fine as I have tested them on my mobile. I have the latest drivers...