Windows 10: No Sound from Internal Speakers, only Headphone Jack

Discus and support No Sound from Internal Speakers, only Headphone Jack in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just updated my ROG GU501G laptop to the latest Windows update last night and since then I havent been able to get any sound coming out of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NanamisEgg, Mar 12, 2020.

1. No Sound from Internal Speakers, only Headphone Jack

I just updated my ROG GU501G laptop to the latest Windows update last night and since then I havent been able to get any sound coming out of my internal speakers. Sounds comes fine through the headphone jack.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers.

I tried disabling and re-enabling the speakers.

I tried uninstalling the update.

I tried every potential fix I could find and nothing works. I'd rather not wait around and hope for Microsoft to issue a fix. I have to attend lectures for class online now because of the coronavirus. Also, it's just a general pain in the butt not having working speakers.

submitted by /u/NanamisEgg
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NanamisEgg, Mar 12, 2020
  2. fireberd Win User

No sound from speakers/headphones

Disconnect the front panel headphone/mic jacks from the motherboard and then see if the rear panel GREEN speaker jack works (either with speakers or headset). This is in case the front panel jack is causing no audio out. Power off the PC before opening and disconnecting the front panel audio.

The connector for the front panel audio is listed as #21 on the motherboard drawing (below).

No Sound from Internal Speakers, only Headphone Jack [​IMG]

fireberd, Mar 12, 2020
  3. Why does plugging headphone jack in stop internal speakers to working (even after headphones are unplugged)?

I recently bought a Dell latitude E6420 i5-2520M 8GB and I am experiencing a very annoying issue with the speakers.

The sound coming from the laptop's internal speakers works until I plug the headphone jack into the computer for the first time. When I unplug the headphones, the internal speakers do not come back on.

What I have tried so far with no success:

• Uninstall and reinstall audio/sound drivers
    • Tried Realtek drivers
    • Disabled headphones
    • Recovery and reinstall Windows 10

Every time I uninstall and reinstall the sound drivers the speakers start to work again until I plug in and then remove the headphones.

How can I resolve this?

Marcellinov, Mar 12, 2020
  4. kra1129 Win User

No Sound from Internal Speakers, only Headphone Jack

No sound from 3.5 mm headphone jack

All sound is played through internal speakers. If headphones are plugged in, it continues to play through the internal speakers. I've tried different sets of headphones, I've uninstalled and downloaded the Realtek driver from the Realtek website.

I've noticed that some folk seem to have a "speakers/headphones" listed in their control panel. Mine only says "speakers" now.

This seems to be a new issue since the big Windows 10 update on my ASUS K200MA.

How can I restore function to the 3.5 headphone jack?

kra1129, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

No Sound from Internal Speakers, only Headphone Jack

1. No Sound from Internal Speakers, only Headphone Jack - Similar Threads - Sound Internal Speakers

2. Headphone Jack And Built in Speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone Jack And Built in Speakers: How do I use both headphone Jack and Built in Speakers at the same time?I have checked on sound settings but my Headphone jack does not Show.My volume only comes out of the headphone jack but I would like to use both Built in speakers and headphone jack at the same time with...
  3. Headphone Jack And Built in Speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone Jack And Built in Speakers: How do I use both headphone Jack and Built in Speakers at the same time?I have checked on sound settings but my Headphone jack does not Show.My volume only comes out of the headphone jack but I would like to use both Built in speakers and headphone jack at the same time with...
  4. audio from internal speakers only

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio from internal speakers only: Used to be able to listen to mp3 files either from internal speakers OR from earphones plugged into the 3.5mm RCA jack on the side of my laptop. Recently however, sound will only come from the internal speakers. Neither earphones nor external Dell speakers will work when...
  5. Sound Coming out of Headphones and Internal Speakers

Sound Coming out of Headphones and Internal Speakers: Use Windows 10 PC (Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041) and a pair of HC Gamerlife Headphones (ASIN: B07BHYZFLF). They have been working fine, but recently (within the last day or so) any audio I play on the computer comes out through both the headphones and the computer's...
  6. How to disable internal speakers, but keep use of the headphone jack?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable internal speakers, but keep use of the headphone jack?: I just want to completely disable the internal speakers of my laptop, but in audio devices, it is grouped with headphones (it’s named speakers/headphones as part of Realtek Audio). How do I disable the internal speakers independently from headphones? Thanks submitted by...
  7. Speakers won't work. Routing to headphone jack only

Speakers won't work. Routing to headphone jack only: Hey All I'm having an issue where when my headphones are unplugged, my speakers labeled "Speakers RealtekR Audio" don't work at all, even though my computer thinks they are completely functional. Plugging in my headphones without changing the device appears to output audio...
  8. Speakers Routing to Headphone Jack

Speakers Routing to Headphone Jack: Hey All I'm having an issue where when my headphones are unplugged, my speakers labeled "Speakers RealtekR Audio" don't work at all, even though my computer thinks they are completely functional. Plugging in my headphones without changing the device appears to output audio...
  9. No sound from speaker/headphone output jack with Realtek ALC269

No sound from speaker/headphone output jack with Realtek ALC269: Sometime during the March updates the Windows Update completely broke my laptop system (Acer Aspire 5820TG - 424G50Mn). I ignored it for a long time due to lack of spare time until I saw a few days ago that Redstone 5 was available for download and now I finally have some...
  10. No sound from speakers/headphones

No sound from speakers/headphones: Hi, I have the Dell XPS 8300 with the onboard Realtek HD Audio. I can't get any sound from speakers/headphones using any of the ports at the back and the front audio jack. The speakers are fine as I have tested them on my mobile. I have the latest drivers...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. internal headphone jack to motherboard