Windows 10: No Sound from laptop/Drivers arent running

Discus and support No Sound from laptop/Drivers arent running in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Today in the morning I restarted my computer and after that i noticed that the speaker icon was followed by a red circle with an X. When I hover on it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Carlos DanielLopez, Oct 12, 2019.

1. No Sound from laptop/Drivers arent running

Today in the morning I restarted my computer and after that i noticed that the speaker icon was followed by a red circle with an X. When I hover on it it shows "No speakers or headphones are plugged in" and when i right click it it showa the tipical Open Sound settings, then shows Speaker Setup (Unknown) and finally troubleshoot.

First I decided to run the troubleshooter but got no luck since it displayed that the error couldn't be found. Then I spent 3 hours looking for soluctions, from trying to update the High Definition Audio Controller via Device Manager (with no luck, showed Code 10.) Then I noticed that the NVIDIA High Definition Audio and Realtek High Definition Audio drivers had disappeared from the Sound, System and game controllers tab, so I decided to install the Realtek drivers from their website and from MSI download center, again with no luck. Ive also tried uninstalling the driver and hoping that after a reboot it will function again but nothing happened. Finally I tried installing the legacy drivers via Device Manager, both the High Definition Audio controller from Microsoft and the one from Realtek, but the only one that succeded was Microsoft one but again showed Code 10, and the one from Realtek took me to a BSOD because a System thread execption not handled caused by RTKVHD64.sys. Finally i tried running sfc /scannow but everything was normal.

What can i do to have sound from my laptop?

I have an MSI WS63 8SK running Windows 10 Pro 1903 build 18362.418

:)

Carlos DanielLopez, Oct 12, 2019
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Sound driver off

Hi,

It's possible that your sound driver was turned off by a third-party application. To fix it, we suggest that you use the built-in Windows 10 audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot and press Enter.
    • Click Playing Audio.
    • Click Run the troubleshooter.

If in case the audio troubleshooter doesn't work, use the other steps in this
    article
    . Just click the drop-down arrow and select the other choices offered.

Let us know if you're able to restore the sound on your computer after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Oct 12, 2019
  3. Sound coming from both the laptop and headset in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1

I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the Sound driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Sound drivers check if it works for you.
    Follow the steps to uninstall the Sound drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Sound, Video and Game Controllers.
    • Right-click on the Audio devices listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and sound drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Oct 12, 2019
  4. fireberd Win User

No Sound from laptop/Drivers arent running

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

No Sound from laptop/Drivers arent running

1. No Sound from laptop/Drivers arent running - Similar Threads - Sound laptop Drivers

2. My usb headphones arent producing sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My usb headphones arent producing sound: I just got a new pc and plugged in my new USB wireless headphones, but they didnt produce any sound. Before I got this pc my other one had been fine with the headphones, and it says that the headphones are picking up audio but there is still nothing. How do I fix this?...
  3. My usb headphones arent producing sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My usb headphones arent producing sound: I just got a new pc and plugged in my new USB wireless headphones, but they didnt produce any sound. Before I got this pc my other one had been fine with the headphones, and it says that the headphones are picking up audio but there is still nothing. How do I fix this?...
  4. Click sound from laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Click sound from laptop: Hello,İ was having keyboard issues on laptop, i followed some driver update steps on device Manager to resolve the issue. After i restarted the computer, it started to make a random, irregular click/Bip sounds. Why can this be happening and how can i resolve this? Thank you...
  5. Click sound from laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Click sound from laptop: Hello,İ was having keyboard issues on laptop, i followed some driver update steps on device Manager to resolve the issue. After i restarted the computer, it started to make a random, irregular click/Bip sounds. Why can this be happening and how can i resolve this? Thank you...
  6. No sound coming from laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No sound coming from laptop: Hello, I have a Lenovo Ideapad 5 running Windows 10. Although the sound icon appears to be working, no sound is coming from the laptop. I have been through all of these Windows troubleshooting steps:...
  7. Sound not coming from the laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound not coming from the laptop: Sound output not coming from Micromax Canvas Lapbook L1161. The red cross is displaying in the taskbar and says that no output device is installed. I have tried almost everything to bring back my audio. I have tried updating and installing the driver which came inbuilt in...
  8. No sound from laptop even when sound is on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound from laptop even when sound is on: [ATTACH] The selected playback device seems to be working, when I play an audio file, the green bars on its right seems to be moving according to the audio. However, no sound can be heard from my lap top. Here are some information about my lap top: [ATTACH] I have to...
  9. My bluetooth drivers arent working. (I suspect the pcie drivers)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My bluetooth drivers arent working. (I suspect the pcie drivers): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DatFloofyDoge [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kx1j3i/my_bluetooth_drivers_arent_working_i_suspect_the/
  10. No Sound from my laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Sound from my laptop: I have no sound from my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-from-my-laptop/df920719-b58b-49b5-b28b-124b9dbbcf06