Windows 10: No sound from laptop even when sound is on

Discus and support No sound from laptop even when sound is on in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [ATTACH] The selected playback device seems to be working, when I play an audio file, the green bars on its right seems to be moving according to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Astoach, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Astoach Win User

No sound from laptop even when sound is on

No sound from laptop even when sound is on 1b578ec1-d85a-4678-a6f3-f4f7ea2f30f5?upload=true.jpg

The selected playback device seems to be working, when I play an audio file, the green bars on its right seems to be moving according to the audio. However, no sound can be heard from my lap top.

Here are some information about my lap top:

No sound from laptop even when sound is on 3caa3905-0938-4988-a731-33fb45073b47?upload=true.jpg

I have to connect to my bluetooth speaker to hear the audio for now. Please, can anyone help me?

:)

Astoach, Apr 18, 2021
  2. fireberd Win User

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Apr 18, 2021
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue No sound from laptop even when sound is on :p

cadaveca, Apr 18, 2021
  4. No sound from laptop even when sound is on

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

No sound from laptop even when sound is on

1. No sound from laptop even when sound is on - Similar Threads - sound laptop sound

2. Click sound from laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Click sound from laptop: Hello,İ was having keyboard issues on laptop, i followed some driver update steps on device Manager to resolve the issue. After i restarted the computer, it started to make a random, irregular click/Bip sounds. Why can this be happening and how can i resolve this? Thank you...
  3. Click sound from laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Click sound from laptop: Hello,İ was having keyboard issues on laptop, i followed some driver update steps on device Manager to resolve the issue. After i restarted the computer, it started to make a random, irregular click/Bip sounds. Why can this be happening and how can i resolve this? Thank you...
  4. windows startup sound even when all windows sounds are disabled!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows startup sound even when all windows sounds are disabled!: hi all these issues after a fresh install!no sound enabled from config -sound -sounds -no soundsbut still every time i startup the system i get the startup sound.just pisses me off. so far windows 11 seems to turn many things on even you have it off .i found "fixes" for other...
  5. windows startup sound even when all windows sounds are disabled!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows startup sound even when all windows sounds are disabled!: hi all these issues after a fresh install!no sound enabled from config -sound -sounds -no soundsbut still every time i startup the system i get the startup sound.just pisses me off. so far windows 11 seems to turn many things on even you have it off .i found "fixes" for other...
  6. No sound coming from laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No sound coming from laptop: Hello, I have a Lenovo Ideapad 5 running Windows 10. Although the sound icon appears to be working, no sound is coming from the laptop. I have been through all of these Windows troubleshooting steps:...
  7. Sound not coming from the laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound not coming from the laptop: Sound output not coming from Micromax Canvas Lapbook L1161. The red cross is displaying in the taskbar and says that no output device is installed. I have tried almost everything to bring back my audio. I have tried updating and installing the driver which came inbuilt in...
  8. No sound from laptop when speakers are disconnected

No sound from laptop when speakers are disconnected: I have an elderly (7 years old) Dell Inspiron 17 R that I keep as a fallback laptop. I have Win 10 Pro, fully up-to date. I recently lost sound, when no external speakers are connected. (For info related to speakers, see further down this post.) The following are my...
  9. No Sound from my laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Sound from my laptop: I have no sound from my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-from-my-laptop/df920719-b58b-49b5-b28b-124b9dbbcf06
  10. Sound Plays Even When Muted

Sound Plays Even When Muted: Hello all, I am running Windows 10 on a Dell XPS 13, 9360. I leave my sound on mute but the computer will still make noises (when I try to close a file before saving, that bell noise or videos will start playing on open tabs and their sound can be heard). I have tried...