Windows 10: No sound from my computer though driver has been installed

Discus and support No sound from my computer though driver has been installed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have installed the sound card driver, but I still cannot hear any sound . I am wondering what i shall do. My windows 10 version number is 1909. 178729 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pixia1234, May 4, 2021.

1. pixia1234 Win User

No sound from my computer though driver has been installed

I have installed the sound card driver, but I still cannot hear any sound . I am wondering what i shall do. My windows 10 version number is 1909.

:)

pixia1234, May 4, 2021
  2. fireberd Win User

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, May 4, 2021
  3. Anyone else have no sound after installing Windows 10 build 10240?

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

Do you get sound with basic windows drivers?

I suggest you try the following steps:

Follow the steps mentioned below:

• Right on the start icon and click on device manager

• Expand Sound video and Gaming , Select the Audio adapter, right click on un-install.

• Restart the computer.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, May 4, 2021
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Sound driver off

Hi,

It's possible that your sound driver was turned off by a third-party application. To fix it, we suggest that you use the built-in Windows 10 audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot and press Enter.
    • Click Playing Audio.
    • Click Run the troubleshooter.

If in case the audio troubleshooter doesn't work, use the other steps in this
    article
    . Just click the drop-down arrow and select the other choices offered.

Let us know if you're able to restore the sound on your computer after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. No sound from my computer though driver has been installed - Similar Threads - sound computer though

2. my computer has not been charging if though it says it is and has stayed at 0% for the past...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer has not been charging if though it says it is and has stayed at 0% for the past...: My computer's battery has remained at 0% and has not changed and I have tried several methods from other's past experiences such as: restarting my computer, disabling and uninstalling the battery drivers. My computer went through a battery update last week and has not been...
  3. my computer has not been charging if though it says it is and has stayed at 0% for the past...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my computer has not been charging if though it says it is and has stayed at 0% for the past...: My computer's battery has remained at 0% and has not changed and I have tried several methods from other's past experiences such as: restarting my computer, disabling and uninstalling the battery drivers. My computer went through a battery update last week and has not been...
  4. My computer has been locked

My computer has been locked: My computer has been locked saying that a virus has been detected also saying that somebody has accessed my IP address and potentially is using it for identity fraud is the number one eight eight nine 270786 a legitimate number to call for Microsoft support...
  5. Has my computer been hacked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has my computer been hacked?: I updated my Windows 10 and “Best Dullicate Photos” and “CCleaner” automatically downloaded on to my computer without my ever choosing so. Has my computer been hacked?...
  6. Has my computer been hacked?

Has my computer been hacked?: I updated my Windows 10 and “Best Dullicate Photos” and “CCleaner” automatically downloaded on to my computer without my ever choosing so. Has my computer been hacked?...
  7. My computer has been crashed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer has been crashed: After all the efforts, all I get is this screen.Don't know the reason of this cause.Hoping that you will help me in this matter.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-has-been-crashed/ab819ff8-da0d-4cf9-b35c-d90a30d17736
  8. Input sound remains low even though everything has been improved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Input sound remains low even though everything has been improved: Someone, please help me. I was confused and dizzy thinking about what had happened. this really bothers me in communicating. so initially I get update to windows 11 automatically. After the update is complete, there are still no problems. a few weeks later there was an update...
  9. Input sound remains low even though everything has been improved

Input sound remains low even though everything has been improved: Someone, please help me. I was confused and dizzy thinking about what had happened. this really bothers me in communicating. so initially I get update to windows 11 automatically. After the update is complete, there are still no problems. a few weeks later there was an update...
  10. My computer has a pending install from a 'Sound research Corporation' not from microsoft....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My computer has a pending install from a 'Sound research Corporation' not from microsoft....: My computer has a pending install from a 'Sound research Corporation' not from microsoft. How do I delete it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-has-a-pending-install-from-a-sound/4af3a544-aaeb-46ac-abd5-c4db6e9a2477