Windows 10: No sound from my dell laptop's speaker but headphone works.

Discus and support No sound from my dell laptop's speaker but headphone works. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've run a lot of troubleshooting about this to make sure it's a software failure nothing about hardware. I tried to install two different version of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Liansha, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Liansha Win User

No sound from my dell laptop's speaker but headphone works.

I've run a lot of troubleshooting about this to make sure it's a software failure nothing about hardware.

I tried to install two different version of Realtek driver, which was 6.0.1.8186 (14/6/2017) and 6.0.1.8142 (2/5/2017) they both have the same problem. Now I use 10.0.17134.319 (7/9/2018) is ok but I need to switch between speaker and headphone manually, not perfect but better than before.

I'm still after the best solution for quite a while, please share your solution, thanks.

:)

Liansha, Oct 6, 2018

2. No sound from headphones but speakers work.

No Its Just A Speaker

glockafella, Oct 6, 2018
  3. nvcw727 Win User
    Audio sound not working on speakers/or headphones. No sound

Yesterday my audio worked fine on both my speakers on my laptop (Dell Inspiron/N5110) and headphones. Then all of a sudden they stopped working. I have made sure that all the volumes are not muted. I did a troubleshoot on playing audio and it said low audio device volume detected, but when I increase the volume, nothing happens. Any one have any suggestions?

nvcw727, Oct 6, 2018
  4. dalchina Win User

No sound from headphones but speakers work.

Hi, what sort of headphones are they? Plain ordinary analogue.. USB..?
    Do they require a driver? If so, is it installed ok?

There are several threads about headphone issues on this forum, so suggest you also try searching the forum for 'headphones'. May give you a clue.

E.g.
    Audio Issues - Quiet no detection of headphones - Windows 10 Forums
    Solved Cannot connect to bluetooth headphones after upgrade to Win10 - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

1. No sound from my dell laptop's speaker but headphone works. - Similar Threads - sound dell laptop's

2. No sound on speaker, but on headphone is worked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound on speaker, but on headphone is worked: Hello,So last week I go to a computer repair service to replace my laptop's keyboard my laptop still on Windows 10. When I take it back, I noticed that the computer can't automatically switch between speaker and headphone. I bring my laptop again to them and they tried to do...
  3. No sound on speaker, but on headphone is worked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound on speaker, but on headphone is worked: Hello,So last week I go to a computer repair service to replace my laptop's keyboard my laptop still on Windows 10. When I take it back, I noticed that the computer can't automatically switch between speaker and headphone. I bring my laptop again to them and they tried to do...
  4. No speaker or headphones plugged in - Dell laptop, internal speaker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No speaker or headphones plugged in - Dell laptop, internal speaker: My laptop cannot recognize the internal speakers. I tried uninstalling the driver and restarting my computer, but it did not reinstall the driver. When I run the sound troubleshooter, it says "No output device found." It appears that my laptop can't recognize my speakers as a...
  5. No sound from Toshiba laptop speakers; headphones still work.

No sound from Toshiba laptop speakers; headphones still work.: Hello there, I've been having an issue with my Toshiba laptop's speakers lately. Here's my laptop specs: Toshiba Satellie C850-B089 Windows 10 Home 64-bit Sound card - High Definition Audio Device The problem occurred about two days ago, I haven't really installed any new...
  6. Sound coming from both headphones and laptop speakers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound coming from both headphones and laptop speakers?: Hey guys, I have been trying to fix this problem all day. My laptop has sound coming from both the speakers and a headset when I plug it in. I want it to be able to play sound from the headset when it's in and not from the laptop's speakers, until I take the headset back out....
  7. There is sound from both my speaker and headphones

There is sound from both my speaker and headphones: I have a MSI laptop, this problem started recently. I connect my headphones and there is sound comming from both my laptop speaker and headphones. i tried uninstalling the driver and restarting.. didnt work. so i tried rolling back my driver.. it did work but i encountered...
  8. No Sound From HeadPhones But Speaker Works

No Sound From HeadPhones But Speaker Works: I Have a HP Pavilion g7-1355dx Notebook PC And I Just Upgraded From Windows 7 To Windows 10 And I Cant Hear Anything From My Headphones But Only From My Internal Speaker. The HeadPhones Work Fine On My DeskTop And They Dont Require A Drive. have tried updating the...
  9. No sound from speakers/headphones

No sound from speakers/headphones: Hi, I have the Dell XPS 8300 with the onboard Realtek HD Audio. I can't get any sound from speakers/headphones using any of the ports at the back and the front audio jack. The speakers are fine as I have tested them on my mobile. I have the latest drivers...
  10. No sound from headphones but speakers work.

No sound from headphones but speakers work.: Hello, I have a laptop - Asus GL551JW-DS71. My speakers work fine but when I plug in my headphones, I can't hear any sound from the headphones. The headphones do work as I use them for my desktop. I have tried updating the sound drivers from the device manager. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no sound from dell laptop but headphone works