Windows 10: No sound from my speakers

Discus and support No sound from my speakers in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I used the troubleshoot for the speakers, and all seems in order. I checked to make sure speakers weren't on mute etc. I feel like it's muted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RobertBurkitt, Nov 20, 2018.

1. No sound from my speakers

I used the troubleshoot for the speakers, and all seems in order. I checked to make sure speakers weren't on mute etc. I feel like it's muted somewhere. Just don't know where else to look besides the obvious spots

:)

RobertBurkitt, Nov 20, 2018
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue No sound from my speakers :p

cadaveca, Nov 20, 2018
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Nov 20, 2018
  4. No sound from my speakers

Disable beep sound when plugging/unplugging laptop charger

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps.

Disable the PC Speakers and check if it helps.

• Right click on Sound Icon in the task bar and go to Playback devices.
    • Select Speaker and click on properties.
    • Go to Levels tab, and mute (or you can reduce it) PC Speaker and check if it helps.

Vanan Iyer, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

No sound from my speakers

1. No sound from my speakers - Similar Threads - sound speakers

2. Computer only plays back sound through monitor which has no speakers 01/22/21

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer only plays back sound through monitor which has no speakers 01/22/21: Laptop with WIndows 10. Speakers work just fine. When I plug in external monitor using HDMI the sound stops. Struggled with Device Manager, Sounds, and Mixer, trying to switch from "External Speakers" to built in sound. All posts on this topic were no help at all. January...
  3. Red x on speaker - tried everything but no sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Red x on speaker - tried everything but no sound: I have an Acer Nitro 5 laptop with Windows 10. I have done everything. I have used the trouble shooter. I have uninstalled all drivers and devices. I am unable to uninstall past updates. I have contacted Acer and they can't help any more. Only thing I haven't done is reformat...
  4. How to test Surround Sound Speakers on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to test Surround Sound Speakers on Windows 10: [ATTACH]With so many speakers to position properly, if you’re a PC user with multiple […] This article How to test Surround Sound Speakers on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. sound only from Dell computer speaker

sound only from Dell computer speaker: sound only from Dell computer speaker recently installed second displayport cable to no avail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-only-from-dell-computer-speaker/da973d09-9825-48f8-bb7c-b138ec43f5d8
  6. Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers System

Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers System: Hi. I bought a Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers System. But 5.1 sound doesn't work for me. Only the front left and right speakers work. All the latest Windows updates are installed, the drivers are updated. How to fix it?...
  7. Help with Sound not switching automatically from laptop speakers to headphones?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with Sound not switching automatically from laptop speakers to headphones?: Hi! So my new laptop, an Acer Aspire3, doesn't switch audio from playing out of the speakers to headphones automatically. I have to click on a pop-up from Realtek Audio Console to enable the switch instead. I am unaware if it is possible to make the switch manually from...
  8. New Asus laptop speakers sometime starts cracklings sound

New Asus laptop speakers sometime starts cracklings sound: I have bought a new Asus Laptop. Whenever I listen songs on it, it works well. But after sometime, when I pause songs for sometime and play it again after 2-3 minutes, it starts crackling sound. But when I disable and re-enable the speakers within control panel, the issue...
  9. Laptop speakers start crackling sound

Laptop speakers start crackling sound: I have bought a new Asus Laptop. Whenever I listen songs on it, it works well. But after 6 or 7 minutes, speakers start making crackling sound. Then I disable and re-enable the speakers, then it becomes fine. After 6 or 7 minutes, it again starts making crackling sound. I...
  10. 2.1 speakers only play sound that would normally come through a rear speaker

2.1 speakers only play sound that would normally come through a rear speaker: I accidentally unplugged my speaker cable. When I plugged it back in a window popped us asking what I'd just plugged in. I can't even remember what I selected. After that the speakers don't work. When I go to Sound option and right click on Speakers / Headphones and click...