Windows 10: No sound from notebook speakers and audio jack - Asus G501JW - Windows 10

Discus and support No sound from notebook speakers and audio jack - Asus G501JW - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently replaced the motherboard on my Asus g501jw zenbook pro, and I'm running into a head scratcher. After getting Windows 10 up and running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rachenator, Sep 6, 2020.

1. No sound from notebook speakers and audio jack - Asus G501JW - Windows 10

I recently replaced the motherboard on my Asus g501jw zenbook pro, and I'm running into a head scratcher. After getting Windows 10 up and running again, I'm not getting any audio from the speakers or the audio jack. I get sound from my usb headset and from the built in speakers of my monitor HDMI.

What I've done so far:

Ensured audio is unmuted and devices are enabled.

Ran windows troubleshooter and followed instructions

Ensured speakers were set to default playback device

Updated audio device drivers to most recent driver pack from ASUS

Uninstalled audio drivers, uninstalled all audio devices, restarted, then reinstalled most recent audio drivers and restarted after install.

Thoughts?

:)

Rachenator, Sep 6, 2020
  2. fireberd Win User

No sound from speakers/headphones

Disconnect the front panel headphone/mic jacks from the motherboard and then see if the rear panel GREEN speaker jack works (either with speakers or headset). This is in case the front panel jack is causing no audio out. Power off the PC before opening and disconnecting the front panel audio.

The connector for the front panel audio is listed as #21 on the motherboard drawing (below).

No sound from notebook speakers and audio jack - Asus G501JW - Windows 10 [​IMG]

fireberd, Sep 6, 2020
  3. How to have two audio output: Jack and built-in speaker on Laptop

Hey everyone,

I am quite frustrated after searching and installing various drivers to try having two audio output to play simultaneously. I have this external speaker that can be connected from the jack output, but I am sure that the sound will be bolder if I can play
    the sound from both my built-in speaker and this external speaker at the same time.

I believe that using Realtek HD Audio Manager and disabling jack detection can achieve that. However my laptop only comes with Realtek Audio Console and it seems that disabling jack detection does nothing, and un/plugging the jack still triggers the notification.

My setup: Asus Vivobook 14 with windows 10 64 bit. And this is my list of sound devices in device manager.

No sound from notebook speakers and audio jack - Asus G501JW - Windows 10 713900fa-9bba-4353-ab8a-34638c5c6763?upload=true.png

Thanks in advance!

VictorSantawi, Sep 6, 2020
  4. fireberd Win User

No sound from notebook speakers and audio jack - Asus G501JW - Windows 10

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

No sound from notebook speakers and audio jack - Asus G501JW - Windows 10

1. No sound from notebook speakers and audio jack - Asus G501JW - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - sound notebook speakers

2. sound will not play through speakers or any audio jack device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sound will not play through speakers or any audio jack device: I've followed many steps online on how to fix the issue and im starting to go into a panic.nothing works as the title says https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-will-not-play-through-speakers-or-any-audio/a2c5fbcb-4f07-486d-9ba8-e93708664a12
  3. sound will not play through speakers or any audio jack device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sound will not play through speakers or any audio jack device: I've followed many steps online on how to fix the issue and im starting to go into a panic.nothing works as the title says https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-will-not-play-through-speakers-or-any-audio/a2c5fbcb-4f07-486d-9ba8-e93708664a12
  4. No sounds from laptop's 3.5mm audio jack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sounds from laptop's 3.5mm audio jack: I have a laptop with a clevo w240hu/250hux inside. It's intel core i3-2350M 2.3GhzI have formatted the laptop and tried to fresh install a windows 10 professional. Now the 3.5mm jack is not working. The speakers are fine. It's just when I plug the headphone jack, no sounds at...
  5. No sounds from laptop's 3.5mm audio jack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sounds from laptop's 3.5mm audio jack: I have a laptop with a clevo w240hu/250hux inside. It's intel core i3-2350M 2.3GhzI have formatted the laptop and tried to fresh install a windows 10 professional. Now the 3.5mm jack is not working. The speakers are fine. It's just when I plug the headphone jack, no sounds at...
  6. No sounds from laptop's 3.5mm audio jack

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Audio "Jack Information" for the speakers

Audio "Jack Information" for the speakers: Hello ,i have PC speakers 5.1 Creative Inspire T5900. T5900Windows 10, motherboard asus g97m-e.In windows "sound/speakers properties", windows don't recognize them as 5.1 speakersI think it has to be like thisAll 3 wires from the speakers are pluged in PC. Sound is coming...
  8. no audio sounds from speakers

in Windows 10 Customization
    no audio sounds from speakers: no audio sounds from speakers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-sounds-from-speakers/52202ebc-2489-4dc7-8a36-21f4b36e39e2
  9. No Sound from Internal Speakers, only Headphone Jack

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Sound from Internal Speakers, only Headphone Jack: I just updated my ROG GU501G laptop to the latest Windows update last night and since then I havent been able to get any sound coming out of my internal speakers. Sounds comes fine through the headphone jack. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers. I tried...
  10. No sound from front or back audio jacks

No sound from front or back audio jacks: Hi, Recently I got myself a bluetooth adapter so I stopped using my headphones for a few days. Now today when I plugged my headphones in, the windows or ubuntu don't recognize any speakers connected. I installed the realtek drivers from motherboard website and also tried BIOS...