Windows 10: No sound from Pc unless sound setting are open.

Discus and support No sound from Pc unless sound setting are open. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I don't get any sound from my PC unless I open sound settings. I don't know what's going on and it's very frustrating. I would open a game and not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LordOfSword525, Aug 29, 2020.

1. No sound from Pc unless sound setting are open.

I don't get any sound from my PC unless I open sound settings. I don't know what's going on and it's very frustrating.

I would open a game and not sound so I open sound setting and low and behold the sound output device is correct and the sound comes on. I thought okay weird and I close the settings program and then the sound turns off again. I've tried resetting and everything. Any tips?

submitted by /u/LordOfSword525
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LordOfSword525, Aug 29, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue No sound from Pc unless sound setting are open. :p

cadaveca, Aug 29, 2020
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Aug 29, 2020
  4. No sound from Pc unless sound setting are open.

No Sound!!

I am having issues with sound on my mom's Acer desktop PC. I have troubleshooted the sound, and did as it suggested to do by turning off the sound effects. It's an Acer Aspire XC-603G that is listed in my specs. Where can I find an updated driver for it for this computer? It uses Realtek High Definition Audio.

Jesse Williams, Aug 29, 2020
Thema:

No sound from Pc unless sound setting are open.

1. No sound from Pc unless sound setting are open. - Similar Threads - sound unless sound

2. Cannot open sound settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot open sound settings: I recently had to factory reset my computer, but ever since i reinstalled windows I can no longer open the settings from the taskbar. This is important because I have a goxlr and I no longer access the 'app volume and devices preferences', so I can't assign different apps to...
  3. No sound unless Sound Settings is open?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No sound unless Sound Settings is open?: Hello, So I have had this problem for like 4 months and now I finally want to fix it. Basically, when windows 10 boots up, my sound works perfect but as soon as a video game, zoom or discord opens up, my sound stops working unless I have the Sound Settings in System...
  4. problem with sound settings not opening

problem with sound settings not opening: i try to open sound settings and then command prompt opens then closes i already scanned for virus which found 17 virus , i used Malwarebytes , i also restarted my computer , and i even checked corrupted files windows did found some corrupted files which were repaired. i...
  5. Can not open "taskbar setting" and "open sound setting" from taskbar

Can not open "taskbar setting" and "open sound setting" from taskbar: I have a problem with my windows 10. I Can not open "taskbar setting" and "open sound setting" from the taskbar. when I want to open them a black page appears and closes instantly....
  6. No sounds from HDMI to TV unless restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No sounds from HDMI to TV unless restart: Hi, I have a problem with my windows and it really annoying. I connected HDMI to my TV just for sometime i watch movie in my computer. But if i didnt turn on TV before turn on my PC, i cant play sounds on my TV, i have to restart my PC and keep my TV turned on. Its really...
  7. Sound ICON in Control panel will not open sound settings.

Sound ICON in Control panel will not open sound settings.: Control panel will open, but when I click on sound, It errors with [ATTACH] This has been bugging me for awhile now, and I have struggled trying to fix it... I need to boost the mic I use for skype as the volume is too low. Windows 10 64 bit OS Several other Icons in...
  8. Cannot open sound settings from control panel

Cannot open sound settings from control panel: Hello, for the longest time I have been unable to open the sound settings in the control panel. My sound works perfectly fine and I can change the speaker and microphone through other methods. I can here sound and my microphone works fine but since windows 10 I am unable to...
  9. Sound Mixer Not Affecting Programs Sounds Unless Opened

Sound Mixer Not Affecting Programs Sounds Unless Opened: Hi, I recently installed Windows on a new computer (acer Nitro V17 VN7-793G), and installed all given drivers on Acer's website. Here's the issue: I muted the system sounds through the mixer, but when an event triggering system sounds occur, the sound do happen. Except...
  10. Sound Mixer Not Affecting Programs Sounds Unless Opened

Sound Mixer Not Affecting Programs Sounds Unless Opened: Hi, I have recently installed windows, on a new computer, downloaded the drivers from the official contructor website (it's an Acer Nitro V17 VN7-793G). I quickly noticed that I had sounds that resembled the Windows System sounds, but I had disabled the system sounds through...