Windows 10: No sound from Realtek High Definition Audio device

Discus and support No sound from Realtek High Definition Audio device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, I'll try to tell the story from start to finish to provide all the detail possible. Originally, I used to use my old RIG headset on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Eilia-888, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Eilia-888 Win User

No sound from Realtek High Definition Audio device

Hi all,

I'll try to tell the story from start to finish to provide all the detail possible.

Originally, I used to use my old RIG headset on my computer using a spliter that was connected to my monitor and I had it in combination with some speakers connected to the motherboard. I could switch between audio output at will and I could use the mic on my headset. It was great No sound from Realtek High Definition Audio device :)

Then, the mic on my headset broke, and I moved out and no longer had any speakers. So, my new setup was simply a headset connected to a spliter connected to my monitor without a mic. Note that during this period of time I reinstalled windows many times.

Now, recently I purchased a RIG 500 pro headset that came with a mic and I was excited to be able to talk to my friends again. However, the mic did not seem to be detected by windows. So, I realized that unlike before, I did not have my Realtek HD audio drivers for whatever reason (probably due to fresh windows install). So I went and downloaded the appropriate drivers from the following link:

https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z270-PC-MATE#down-driver&Win10 64

from my mobo manufacturer's website.

Now I have Realtek HD Audio manager, but unfortunately it seems to have no sound whatsoever and the mic picks up no noise. When I select my monitor as the output device (which is an NVIDIA High Definition Audio device) with my new headset connected to it (like my old set up) everything works fine. But there is no NVIDIA High Definition audio device for my mic so if I ignore realtek completely then I have no mic. Meanwhile if I choose my headset as an output device (under realtek) then there is no sound and there is no sound picked up on the mic. Also when I run a test sound the little green bar jumps up but no sound is produced.

The headset 100% works on my laptop (which takes an all in one jack) and I have tried reinstalling drivers many times. I have set the correct default device many times. I ran troubleshooter. I deleted all apps that use a mic and reinstalled drivers and tried again. I reinstalled nvidia drivers. I tried connecting to the rear ports. I tried a different splitter. I tried realtek drivers from their website. I also tried a whole bunch of other things (ill update if I rememeber what they were)

Here are my specs:

Motherboard: MSI Z270 PC MATE

CPU: intel i5 7600k

Graphics card: ASUS Dual nvidia GeForce GTX 1070

Please please please help me figure this out :/ I've tried all the tutorials I could find. Let me know if I didn't provide enough info.

:)

Eilia-888, Aug 12, 2019
  2. kleph Win User

Realtek High Definition Audio and High Definition Audio Device missing

Hello,
    Basic info:
    I'm using a Dell G5 15 gaming notebook with Windows 10 for about half a year. Pretty early on I got sound problems such as occasional static sound, static sound when playing yt video and a game at the same time and such. I found a fix to this by going to the Device Manager and changing High Definition Audio Device to Realtek High Definition Audio which would fix it for some time and then I'd have to do it again.
    Problem:
    But now I don't have Realtek High Definition Audio nor High Definition Audio Device in the device manager, I only have Realtek Audio. ( and Intel display audio, NVIDIA high definition audio, NVIDIA virtual audio device, but I don't think these are relevant) So the sound is low quality, muffled and there's the occasional static sound. I tried installing Realtek High Definition Audio driver from the original Dell G5 15 site, so it should be compatible, the installation goes well, but there is no change in the actual audio. Looking for help on how to fix this. Thanks

kleph, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Realtek High Definition Audio

Download a newer version of the driver from the realtek website, install it and check if the sound comes back.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

If not, uninstall the realtek Driver by:

• Open device manager
    • Sound Video and Game controllers
    • Right click realtek high definition audio device and select uninstall driver software
    • Make sure the checkbox "Delete the device software for this device is checked"
    Check if it helps.Do reply back with the results.

Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 12, 2019
  4. No sound from Realtek High Definition Audio device

NOT WORKING-Realtek audio drivers and Microsoft High Definition device

I've seen some videos which just tell you to update Realtek HD driver to the Microsoft driver. Sometimes it works for a while then it stops working. I just go into Device Manager>Sound, video and game controllers> Realtek High Definition audio (right click)>
    Update driver software> Browse from my computer> Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer> High Definition audio device. It should update.

JaccaGames, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

No sound from Realtek High Definition Audio device

1. No sound from Realtek High Definition Audio device - Similar Threads - sound Realtek High

2. missing AMD high definition audio device and Realtek R Audio from Sounds, video and game...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    missing AMD high definition audio device and Realtek R Audio from Sounds, video and game...: Hi, I have been having an issue where I have no sound and there's nothing in Device manager. I've tried to install drivers but that hasn't worked, I tried to reset the PC but that didn't work. When I install drivers it gives me the error code of 0x000003F1 on most of them. It...
  3. Realtek High-Definition Audio Device vs Realtek Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek High-Definition Audio Device vs Realtek Audio: When I go to Device Manager > Sound Video and Game controllers my Dell XPS 8940 has the Realtek Audio driver version 6.0.9228.1, 8/24/2021 installed. If I click Update driver > Browse my computer for Drivers > Let me pick from a list . . ., two "models" are listed under...
  4. Realtek High-Definition Audio Device vs Realtek Audio

Realtek High-Definition Audio Device vs Realtek Audio: When I go to Device Manager > Sound Video and Game controllers my Dell XPS 8940 has the Realtek Audio driver version 6.0.9228.1, 8/24/2021 installed. If I click Update driver > Browse my computer for Drivers > Let me pick from a list . . ., two "models" are listed under...
  5. Realtek Audio to Realtek High Definition Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio to Realtek High Definition Audio: I've been trying to get a HD audio for sometime now, and all i can do is nothing cause it seems like my laptop doesn't want me to move on. I now have Realtek Audio, instead of a HD one. Been trying to get a HD even trying to install multiple drivers to see if it works even...
  6. Realtek Audio to Realtek High Definition Audio

Realtek Audio to Realtek High Definition Audio: I've been trying to get a HD audio for sometime now, and all i can do is nothing cause it seems like my laptop doesn't want me to move on. I now have Realtek Audio, instead of a HD one. Been trying to get a HD even trying to install multiple drivers to see if it works even...
  7. Realtek Audio to Realtek High Definition Audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. My Sound Device Speakers Realtek High Definition Audio Disappeared

My Sound Device Speakers Realtek High Definition Audio Disappeared: Two days ago, I woke up and put my headset on, only to realize that there was no sound. I looked through my sound devices and realized that one was missing, that was the 'SpeakersRealtek High Definition Audio' device. Now whenever I plug in my headset, is no longer asks me...
  9. Realtek High Definition Audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    Realtek High Definition Audio: I uninstalled realtek high definition audio from under the "sound video and audio controllers" section of the device manager. when i restarted my computer i was told it would re appear with refreshed drivers but instead its not showing up at all. i really need help in...
  10. Realtek High Definition Audio

Realtek High Definition Audio: I uninstalled by mistake “Realtek High Definition Audio” out of my Windows 10. So it no longer appears in Device Manager. How could I put it back ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-high-definition-audio/3c4e9f23-6ed9-4f8f-bda7-3f751f4e4f16

Users found this page by searching for:

1. high definition audio device no sound