Windows 10: No sound from rear speakers

Discus and support No sound from rear speakers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have recently moved house and on setting up my media pc, I noticed I was not getting any sound out of my rear speakers. A channel test on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Azhrei, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Azhrei Win User

No sound from rear speakers

I have recently moved house and on setting up my media pc, I noticed I was not getting any sound out of my rear speakers. A channel test on the receiver confirmed that they are working, so the issue has to be with Windows. I just upgraded it with a new SSD and case and performing a sound test on booting and installation of drivers, there is still no sound from the rear speakers. The sound that is meant to come from them is coming through the front speakers. The front (left, right and centre) speakers and subwoofer work correctly.

My pc is connected via HDMI to a Pioneer HTP-072, a HTiB (Home Theatre in a Box) comprised of a Pioneer VSX-324 with passive sub and speakers. I have never had any problem with them before. The HDMI cable is plugged into a Radeon HD 7870. Running video files on Kodi, the correct formats do appear on the receiver (TrueHD, DTS-MA, etc.) I have carefully rewired all the speakers but, as explained above, a channel test on the receiver has sound coming from the rear speakers as normal.

Any ideas? This is driving me crazy. It has to be a problem with Windows but I can't find what that might be. It was running on Windows 7, is now running on Windows 10, but the issue oddly remains.

:)

Azhrei, Nov 27, 2017

2. Audio Problem: all of a sudden the sound only goes to the left, right, and sub woofer, there is no sound coming from the center, rear left and right speakers.

I have a logitech 5 speaker system being a left,right,sub,rear right, and rear left speaker. All the speakers connect to the sub and from the sub there is the green, orange, and black cord that plugs into the back of the computer. The other day I moved my
    computer to a different room and now all of a sudden the sound only goes to the left, right, and sub woofer, there is no sound coming from the center, rear left and right speakers. They all still work because I did the sound test and they make the sounds.
    When I click on the speakers tab on the sound menu it says jack information and the only one it shows is the green one. I'm not sure why unpluging it I guess messed up the settings.

OP - Audio Problem:

dmmgoatcheese, Nov 27, 2017
  3. Windows 10 No Sound from speaker port

Just upgraded 64 bit from 8.1 to 10. No sound from speakers yet headphones are OK and sound set up causes rear speakers to ring out. What is going on? Currently using headphones outlet to play speakers.

Paul Goodwin701, Nov 27, 2017
  4. EdTittel Win User

Sorry for your troubles. All I can suggest is to check the drivers to make sure all is current and correct, and then to check settings to make sure all of your channels (front left, center, front right, rear left, rear right) are properly assigned and working. If I were in your shoes, I would uninstall the audio drivers, then reinstall them to see if that helps. Otherwise clueless, so forgive my suggestions if they prove unhelpful.
    Best wishes for a speedy resolution,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Nov 27, 2017
  5. Azhrei Win User
    Hi Ed, the drivers are the latest Crimson 17.11.2 on a fresh install of Windows 10, there are no seperate audio drivers as such. And as the problem remains across two operating systems and the different drivers on both, I'm unconvinced that drivers are the issue.

Azhrei, Nov 27, 2017
  6. Azhrei Win User
    Update - sound now plays from the rear speakers, but now the centre speaker is acting up. No sound from it whatsoever. Again, all channels play correctly on the receiver's speaker test. Playing films in Kodi, proper audio formats still do not show on the receiver, only Stereo, StereoEXT and PCM. Choosing PCM, Kodi reports that it is playing video files in the correct format (ex. TrueHD, DTS-MA). But still no sound from the centre channel and nothing showing on the receiver. Obviously, with the centre speaker producing nothing, I am missing a lot of sound when videos are playing.

Azhrei, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. No sound from rear speakers - Similar Threads - sound rear speakers

2. Crackling sound on center, rear-left, & rear-right speakers with ffdshow audio dolby...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crackling sound on center, rear-left, & rear-right speakers with ffdshow audio dolby...: I use my PC in my lounge room connected to a set of 5.1 speakers and a TV tuner and use it to watch TV Happauge! WinTV-HVR-935 Quad Mode TV Tuner + WinTV 10 app and Blu-Ray movies that I format-shift, losslessly, from the discs I own to single MKV files for Smooth Video...
  3. Crackling sound on center, rear-left, & rear-right speakers with ffdshow audio dolby...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crackling sound on center, rear-left, & rear-right speakers with ffdshow audio dolby...: I use my PC in my lounge room connected to a set of 5.1 speakers and a TV tuner and use it to watch TV Happauge! WinTV-HVR-935 Quad Mode TV Tuner + WinTV 10 app and Blu-Ray movies that I format-shift, losslessly, from the discs I own to single MKV files for Smooth Video...
  4. 2.1 speakers only play sound that would normally come through a rear speaker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2.1 speakers only play sound that would normally come through a rear speaker: I accidentally unplugged my speaker cable. When I plugged it back in a window popped us asking what I'd just plugged in. I can't even remember what I selected. After that the speakers don't work. When I go to Sound option and right click on Speakers / Headphones and click...
  5. No Sound from Speakers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Sound from Speakers: Realteck Sound does not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-from-speakers/720ccda7-6688-414c-9f91-8b2817678d2d
  6. no sound from speaker

in Windows 10 Customization
    no sound from speaker: today i put new motherboard. new processor , new window10 pro from microsoft. but no sound from speaker https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-from-speaker/8abd7dd7-e612-4081-ab79-a9e37a6ca32a
  7. No sound from speakers

No sound from speakers: After the last Win 10 update on March 31, I no longer have any sound from my speakers. Tried deleting and reinstalling the sound card/driver. No success. Suggestions?...
  8. how to change the audio in from rear speaker to mixer

how to change the audio in from rear speaker to mixer: There is only one option and no clear way to enable the mixer can anyone help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-to-change-the-audio-in-from-rear-speaker-to/c97859a4-270b-4802-abe5-ef0a4b505ea9
  9. No sound from rear panel but headphone detected

No sound from rear panel but headphone detected: Hey, So I recently got my my gf a new gaming PC, a Lenovo Legion Y920T-34IKZ, and it worked perfectly fine for the first two weeks. Last Thursday (12.07.2018), the sound from the rear panel suddenly stopped working. Using the front panel works just fine. In the sound...
  10. 5.1 Speakers-Sound Coming Out Rear And Front?

5.1 Speakers-Sound Coming Out Rear And Front?: My speakers work fine. Not sure how long it's been like it. I have a Creative sound card. But basically, when I test or configure the sound settings the speakers work, but when it comes to the front right speaker, the sound also comes out of the rear right one, too. No idea...