Windows 10: No sound from session on login screen after sleep. Changed after 1809

Discus and support No sound from session on login screen after sleep. Changed after 1809 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been using foobar2000 and fooscheduler as an alarm clock for years. When I go to sleep I put computer to sleep and in the morning fooscheduler... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by zabnat, Nov 22, 2019.

1. zabnat Win User

No sound from session on login screen after sleep. Changed after 1809

I have been using foobar2000 and fooscheduler as an alarm clock for years. When I go to sleep I put computer to sleep and in the morning fooscheduler wakes the computer and starts to play music. I has worked before, but now couple of weeks ago 1809 update was installed on my Windows 10 Pro and I no longer get any sound when the computer wakes up. However I do get sound when I type in my password and login. I also get sound on the login screen when I activate narrator from ease of access tools. I just don't get sound from my open session. I can see that the tracks are playing via foobar's remote interface.

I have Realtek High Definition Audio on the motherboard and have tried different drivers. However I don't believe this is a driver issue. I believe this is a feature that was introduced in 1809 update. Or just a long lived bug that was finally fixed. It kind of makes sense to not have audio playing from the session after sleep.

Does anyone know a way to get the previous behavior back (except uninstalling 1809 update) so I can use my alarm clock again? Any settings? Any registry key?

I believe making the Windows not ask for a password when starting would be workaround, but I don't want to weaken the security of the system.

:)

zabnat, Nov 22, 2019
  2. zabnat Win User

I have been using foobar2000 and fooscheduler as an alarm clock for years. When I go to sleep I put computer to sleep and in the morning fooscheduler wakes the computer and starts to play music. I has worked before, but now couple of weeks ago 1809 update was installed on my Windows 10 Pro and I no longer get any sound when the computer wakes up. However I do get sound when I type in my password and login. I also get sound on the login screen when I activate narrator from ease of access tools. I just don't get sound from my open session. I can see that the tracks are playing via foobar's remote interface.

I have Realtek High Definition Audio on the motherboard and have tried different drivers. However I don't believe this is a driver issue. I believe this is a feature that was introduced in 1809 update. Or just a long lived bug that was finally fixed. It kind of makes sense to not have audio playing from the session after sleep.

Does anyone know a way to get the previous behavior back (except uninstalling 1809 update) so I can use my alarm clock again? Any settings? Any registry key?

I believe making the Windows not ask for a password when starting would be workaround, but I don't want to weaken the security of the system.

zabnat, Nov 22, 2019
  3. Canuckie Win User

I seem to have found a solution to the above issue.
    I'm not sure it's permanent, nor do I truly understand why it works, but it seems to.

1. run "services.msc"
    2. locate "Windows Audio" and double-click it
    3. under the "Log On" tab, change to "Local System Account" or any other user, press OK
    4. re-start the aforementioned service
    5. change the user back to "Local Service", type a password
    6. re-start the service again

After doing that, the audio seems to work the same way it did back in 1803 after Foobar wakes the PC up.
    Hope this helps anyone else with a similar issue.

Canuckie, Nov 22, 2019
  4. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue No sound from session on login screen after sleep. Changed after 1809 :p

cadaveca, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

1. No sound from session on login screen after sleep. Changed after 1809 - Similar Threads - sound session login

2. Login screens after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login screens after sleep: When my PC emerges from sleep mode, I am confronted first with a Microsoft Spotlight screen, followed by a login screen. The latter is just a button labeled "Login". I would like to bypass these screens and go straight to my home desktop screen. I've tried the Lockscreen...
  3. Login screens after sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login screens after sleep: When my PC emerges from sleep mode, I am confronted first with a Microsoft Spotlight screen, followed by a login screen. The latter is just a button labeled "Login". I would like to bypass these screens and go straight to my home desktop screen. I've tried the Lockscreen...
  4. Login screens after sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Login session screen?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Login session screen?: Is there any possible way to make Windows 10 not prompt for the User Name and only have to enter a Password? My setup is that whenever I boot into Windows, I need to enter both my username and password, but I want to just enter a password, but KEEPING THE CURRENT LOGIN...
  6. Bypassing the login screen after restore from sleep or hibernation

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Bypassing the login screen after restore from sleep or hibernation: I have my desktop set up to boot directly into Windows when starting up, that is, no password. I would like to have the same behavior when I restart after sleep or hibernation, but I can't find a way to do that. 173844
  7. Windows 10 login screen after sleep

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 login screen after sleep: After sleep I am shown a login screen the one with picture * The computer have a local account. * No password. No box to uncheck in accounts. No screen saver, and also the box for show login screen is unchecked. Settings ->>Sign in options does not show anything I...
  8. updated to 1909 from 1809, sound now crackles and pops after waking from sleep...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    updated to 1909 from 1809, sound now crackles and pops after waking from sleep...: Anyone have any idea what on earth is going on here? When the computer wakes from sleep it's a mess now, the sound is trashed through my speakers, it works fine on my headset however which is USB. I basically can't use sleep anymore since updating since it basically breaks...
  9. No sound after disconnecting from TeamViewer session

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound after disconnecting from TeamViewer session: This is rather weird. I connect to a computer using TeamViewer and when I finish and close the session, I get no sound from my speakers. To fix it I go to Services and restart the Windows Audio service. Anyone knows why this happens? Is there any setting in TeamViewer I have...
  10. Disable login screen after remote desktop session

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disable login screen after remote desktop session: Hello! I want to know if it possible to disable the annoying login screen in the computer after remote desktop session. I have netplwiz with automatically logins after boot and I know the trick tscon.exe 0 /dest:console and it works, but I use remote desktop to connect...