Windows 10: No sound from sound blaster

Discus and support No sound from sound blaster in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just installed the most recent windows 10 tech preview last night; but my sound blaster pci express sound card did not get installed correctly or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Matt Siegel, Jan 25, 2015.

1. No sound from sound blaster

I just installed the most recent windows 10 tech preview last night; but my sound blaster pci express sound card did not get installed correctly or something because i am getting no sound at all. Please help me fix this before I roll everything back to the old setup.

:)

Matt Siegel, Jan 25, 2015
  2. MARC-NY Win User

Sleep/Shutdown issues on windows 10

It turned out it was my Sound Blaster Z causing the issue with my Asus Z170-A motherboard. I removed the Sound Blaster Z and I'm now using onboard sound which sound nearly as good. It was not the Driver for Intel Management Engine Interface after all.

MARC-NY, Jan 25, 2015
  3. Windows Update: CREATIVE - MEDIA - 2/7/2017 12:00:00 AM - 6.0.103.34 - Blue Screens

I solved it this way:

1. install the latest drivers from the
    creative webpage, restart,

2. from "device manager" uninstall
    "Sound Blaster Audio Controller"
    and "Sound Blaster Z", by selecting the
    "delete driver.... "

3. from "device manager" select "Scan
    for hardware changes" (magnifying glass
    icon),

4. ready.

MichałCepuch, Jan 25, 2015
  4. fireberd Win User

No sound from sound blaster

An uninstall/reinstall may fix it. Go to the Device Manager, RIGHT click on the entry for the SoundBlaster, then LEFT click "Uninstall". DO NOT uninstall the drivers. Then restart the PC and Windows should detect and reinstall it. This fixes most Windows/Sound corruptions.

fireberd, Jan 25, 2015
  5. nope. Didnt fix it. Now its not even showing up in devices at all. I uninstalled it; rebooted; then it didnt say it detected it or anything. So now what to do?

Matt Siegel, Jan 25, 2015
  6. Winuser Win User
    Do you have any unknown devices listed in Device Manager? If you know what card you have you could try downloading drivers from the Sound Blaster web site and see if they will install.

Winuser, Jan 26, 2015
  7. I had a similar problem...... it looked like sound was working in Windows 10, but there was nothing coming out of my speakers.
    That was just one problem with my initial install. There were several, like the time zones only showing the Pacific Time Zone.

I never could get Win-10 to boot up without stopping for a password, so I finally decided to bite the bullet, so to speak, and just start over with a Clean Install of Windows 10 to a new (spare) hard drive.
    During the install, I finally figured out I could complete the install without ever putting in a password. Then once the install was complete, I was able to set the time zone correctly and I was elated to find I finally had sound, not from my PCI Sound card, but form the On-Board sound chip, on my 10 year old motherboard. Eureka! Success at last! Now EVERYTHING works.

I still don't know what went wrong with that first install, to a spare HD, but something sure did. It was a mess.
    So if nothing else works, RE-Install and start over. That's why they call it Beta TESTING! TESTING being the key word.
    Nobody is actually RUNNING Windows 10, yet, because it's not even been released in its final version.

Good Luck!

*Cool

TechnoMage, Jan 26, 2015
  8. No sound from sound blaster

Do you have any unknown devices listed in Device Manager? If you know what card you have you could try downloading drivers from the Sound Blaster web site and see if they will install. Well; I did finally get my sound to work somewhat but not completely. The thing is; i have a sound card that is supposed to support 5.1 surround audio as i have a 5.1 surround speaker setup currently. But!; whenever i try to access the different components of my sound card folder; one of the items says a device supporting this function was not found; or something like that. And for the others it says it does not support the functions of my sound card or something like that. I did find one driver that was just updated by Creative(mfr of sound blaster cards) and i figured for the heck of it i would give it a shot. so i downloaded it; installed it; and FINALLY!; I started getting sound but not the surround audio I really want. Just from my main 2 front speakers. So until Microsoft puts out a update that will fix this; i will just have to deal with 2-channel stereo sound unless i just roll everything back and completely go back to 7 ultimate.

Matt Siegel, Jan 26, 2015
  9. Well; I dont know what happened. But it seems like after having to uninstall my sound card from device manager; doing a scan for hardware changes and reinstalling it; then rebooting; now I have no sound again. What the heck is going on here? I mean I know this is just a beta of 10; but still; I dont get why one minute the sound is working then the next; nothing. Who can help with this again? Thanks Matt

10. nevermind; now its working again. Seems as if it has a mind of its own lol. Go figure.

11. ccartmel Win User
    Also exactly the same problem here. An attempted restore went to a seemingly update related restore point which put me back in the same position. No earlier restore points were available. This seemed to (re) install a newer windows preview version although this machine is not set for dev previews.

ccartmel, Dec 25, 2015
  12. topgundcp Win User
    Not sure if you also have a sound blaster. If you do:
    Open Device Manager->Sound->Creative...
    Disable it then re-enable again until you get sound. Might have to do it few times.

topgundcp, Dec 25, 2015
  13. ccartmel Win User

Thanks for the reply, however it simply does not even show in the device manager despite reboots or restore.
    Redownloaded drivers won't install as it tells me the device is not present.
    Also found that after this 'upgrade' cannot open anything from the W10 start menu so cannot open command prompt as admin to run sfc.
    Cannot rollback as no option.
    Machine now totally screwed.*Mad

ccartmel, Dec 25, 2015
  14. Very late but here I come. I uninstalled SBX before installing Realtek HD, but I do not know if it works without uninstalling.
    The solution that worked for me was installing the Realtek HD Audio drivers (latest from official site) and then installing SBX .

SPREAD TEH WORDS!

spreadthehelp, Jul 12, 2016
  15. msny Win User
    Well, it is NOT beta software even now, but many people feel like they are just testing
    for bugs.

It's really a sloppy way to put software out there, but they have an argument that
    its "free" right now so no one argues the point.

Thema:

1. No sound from sound blaster - Similar Threads - sound sound blaster

2. Creative sound blaster z not recognised

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creative sound blaster z not recognised: [ATTACH] I bought a new Creative Soundblaster Z to overcome problems with the integrated sound card (the audio output was "heard" by the microphone). So i open the case and install it on the PCI Express X 1, restarted the pc but it wasn't working. In the device manager I...
  3. Creative sound blaster z not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Creative sound blaster z not working: [ATTACH] I bought a new Creative Soundblaster Z to overcome problems with the integrated sound card the audio output was "heard" by the microphone. So i open the case and install it on the PCI Express X 1, restarted the pc but it wasn't working. In the device manager I...
  4. Sound Blaster audio output

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Blaster audio output: I have a Dell Computer with Windows 10. Started out with Windows 7 and with automatic updates over the years to Windows 10. Problem: My sound system is Creative Sound Blaster “Recon3D PCIe.” After the last Windows update the sound has been unreliable, such as no sound...
  5. Sound blaster z audio sometimes sounds low and unclear

Sound blaster z audio sometimes sounds low and unclear: Windows 7 64 bit Sound card: Creative Sound Blaster Z I been having issues with this sound card for a while. This is a strange issue. The problem is that when the issue occurs you cannot hear the audio properly. It would sound very muffled, unclear and low at the same...
  6. Sound Blaster ZXR no sound through Optical output

Sound Blaster ZXR no sound through Optical output: Since i updated to Windows 10 1903 from 1809 my Creative Sound Blaster Z X R audio card has issues with sound output through Optical S/PDIF Out jack. I set this through the Sound Blaster Pro Studio control panel under Cinematic Encoder to Dolby Digital Live to get sound...
  7. Sound Blaster Recon3Di Problems

Sound Blaster Recon3Di Problems: So I upgraded my MOBO the other day to a GIGABYTE Z97X-Gaming G1 WIFI-BK Black Edition and I believe there is something wrong with the built-in Sound Blaster Recon3Di or it's drivers. Randomly the audio jumps to it's maximum potential and muffled/distorted (whith headphones...
  8. Sound Blaster Z - No Sound

Sound Blaster Z - No Sound: Hi guys! Some days ago I made a fresh install of Windows 1709 and things appears to be working. Today I`m having some sound problem with my SBZ and I tried to reinstall driver but since then, I have no sound. Thanks for any help 97834
  9. sound blaster on build 10240

sound blaster on build 10240: I cannot get my surround 5.1 audio to work with this most recent build of 10240; and i cannot get into the enhancements that are supposed to be available for my card which is the x-fi titanium pci express sound card from creative. Is there any way to resolve this or do I just...
  10. sound blaster in build 10166

sound blaster in build 10166: I can not get my sound blaster x-fi titanium pci express sound card to give me sound through the right channels even though Ive uninstalled the support pack for 5.1 surround audio that was compiled from another sb user that did work in the last build; and then reinstalled it....