Windows 10: No sound from speaker/headphone output jack with Realtek ALC269

Discus and support No sound from speaker/headphone output jack with Realtek ALC269 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Sometime during the March updates the Windows Update completely broke my laptop system (Acer Aspire 5820TG - 424G50Mn). I ignored it for a long time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nexu, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Nexu Win User

No sound from speaker/headphone output jack with Realtek ALC269

Sometime during the March updates the Windows Update completely broke my laptop system (Acer Aspire 5820TG - 424G50Mn). I ignored it for a long time due to lack of spare time until I saw a few days ago that Redstone 5 was available for download and now I finally have some time to take care of my laptop. I decided to perform a clean install of Insider Preview on my SSD.
    But now after the clean install I noticed my audio device isn't working as it should. I get sound out of the laptop speakers, but when I plug in my speaker or headphones in the audio jack, no sound comes out of it. The volume mixer tells me there is audio signal. The jack detection is working as the Realtek Audio Manager warns me (after I enabled it) when something gets plugged in or unplugged. It even correctly mutes the laptop speaker. But the just no actual sound coming out of the speakers/headphones.

OS Version 10.0.17758.1 (Win10 RS5 Insider Preview)

Device Description Realtek ALC269
    Device Description (Windows) Realtek High Definition Audio
    Device Type Audio
    Bus Type HDAUDIO
    Device ID 10EC-0269
    Subsystem ID 1025-035D
    Revision 1001
    Hardware ID HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0269&SUBSYS_1025035D&REV_1001

Device Identifier Device Description
    midi-out.0 0001 001B Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth
    mixer.0 0001 0068 Speakers (Realtek High Definiti
    mixer.1 0001 0068 Realtek Digital Output (Realtek
    mixer.2 0001 0068 Microphone (Realtek High Defini
    wave-in.0 0001 0065 Microphone (Realtek High Defini
    wave-out.0 0001 0064 Speakers (Realtek High Definiti
    wave-out.1 0001 0064 Realtek Digital Output (Realtek

It's not a hardware failure in anyway since the laptop and the sound system works PERFECTLY (sound out of laptop speaker, sound out of headphone/speaker when audio jack plugged in) if I boot up in Linux. Microphone jack does function properly in both Windows 10 and Linux.

I tried all kind of drivers, from laptop manufacturer, to Realtek's, to the ones in Windows Update Catalogue. Non of them seem to fix the issue

I tried various drivers:
    • 64-bits drivers offered for my laptop model on the Acer website
    • Generic 64-bits drivers offered on the Realtek website
    • Drivers offered on the Windows Update Catalogue
    Non of them helps fixing the issue of no sound coming out of the output jack.
    I know 100% that it's not a hardware issue since my Linux install are working fine. So that makes me believe it's either a driver issue (quite some people seem to have this problem as well with Realtek) or a Windows issue.

I really need some help to resolve this...

:)

Nexu, Oct 6, 2018

2. Is it possible to play sound through headphones and HDMI output simultaneously?

Hi David,

I would like to inform that it is not possible to output sound through both the HDMI and the headphone jack simultaneously.

But you can watch video through HDMI and listen via headphone jack.

Follow the steps below.

• Right click on the speaker icon in the taskbar
    • Left click playback devices
    • Right click HDMI
    • Select Disable.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Oct 6, 2018
  3. kamalaggi Win User
    No sound from speakers/headphones

Hi,

I have the Dell XPS 8300 with the onboard Realtek HD Audio.

I can't get any sound from speakers/headphones using any of the ports at the back and the front audio jack.

The speakers are fine as I have tested them on my mobile.

I have the latest drivers installed. Sound is working fine though HDMI on my TV but i'm guessing that's using my graphics card.

I have headphones/speaker selected in sound manager. Also realtek sound manager is detecting that my speakers are connected to the audio jacks at the back and front but still no sound.

In sound manager I can see the green bar moving up/down for Speakers/Headphones.

Could the sound chip on motherboard be fried?

Thanks for you help.

kamalaggi, Oct 6, 2018
  4. fireberd Win User

No sound from speakers/headphones

Disconnect the front panel headphone/mic jacks from the motherboard and then see if the rear panel GREEN speaker jack works (either with speakers or headset). This is in case the front panel jack is causing no audio out. Power off the PC before opening and disconnecting the front panel audio.

The connector for the front panel audio is listed as #21 on the motherboard drawing (below).

No sound from speaker/headphone output jack with Realtek ALC269 [​IMG]

fireberd, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

1. No sound from speaker/headphone output jack with Realtek ALC269 - Similar Threads - sound speaker headphone

2. Headphone jack....RealTek...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone jack....RealTek...: Hello.My headphone jack isn't working. I looked around on the web and was directed towards the realtek driver. I suspect that is the issue since I don't have it downloaded.I downloaded it manually from realtek, but got hit with a an 'Error Code', stating 'No driver supported...
  3. Headphone jack....RealTek...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone jack....RealTek...: Hello.My headphone jack isn't working. I looked around on the web and was directed towards the realtek driver. I suspect that is the issue since I don't have it downloaded.I downloaded it manually from realtek, but got hit with a an 'Error Code', stating 'No driver supported...
  4. Headphone jack....RealTek...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Analog Jack not working... Sound outputs from laptop speakers rather than headphones when...

Analog Jack not working... Sound outputs from laptop speakers rather than headphones when...: Hi, as above subject states, I am not able to listen to audio using my headphones as when I connect them to my laptop using the analog jack, the audio still outpits from the laptop speakers. I have tried updating all my drivers and I have the most recent Windows update...
  6. No Sound from Internal Speakers, only Headphone Jack

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Sound from Internal Speakers, only Headphone Jack: I just updated my ROG GU501G laptop to the latest Windows update last night and since then I havent been able to get any sound coming out of my internal speakers. Sounds comes fine through the headphone jack. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers. I tried...
  7. no sound on output jack

no sound on output jack: I get sound out of my internal speakers, but no sound when I plug ear phones into the output jack. I've got a new HP laptop model - 17-BY1053DX with Windows 10. Thanks. 148833
  8. Realtek High Definition Audio - no sound on speaker, got sound via Headphone Jack!

Realtek High Definition Audio - no sound on speaker, got sound via Headphone Jack!: Hi, I got a GL503VS Asus Rog Scar Edition gaming laptop. I've done a reinstall a few weeks ago, and since then the issue is that everything seems working fine, but the laptop speakers are quiet, no sound. Tried to reinstall Windows, tried to get lot of compatible different...
  9. No sound from speakers/headphones

No sound from speakers/headphones: Hi, I have the Dell XPS 8300 with the onboard Realtek HD Audio. I can't get any sound from speakers/headphones using any of the ports at the back and the front audio jack. The speakers are fine as I have tested them on my mobile. I have the latest drivers...
  10. Realtek audio mic outputting to speakers/headphones

Realtek audio mic outputting to speakers/headphones: well i had this problem fixed but for some reason it's back and it won't go away no matter what i do i can't figure out how to fix it I can hear my microphone through my headphones and speakers i have listen to device unchecked but the weird part is when i try to record my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Realtek alc269 driver

2. no headphone sound windowsphone

3. windows phone update no volume output

4. No sound in speaker nor headphone,
  5. i got spker sound but headphone jack not working sound,
  6. linux no sound headphone,
  7. no audio from audio jack nor speakers lapptop,
  8. alc269 realtek headphone jack,
  9. windows 10 sound update no jack information available error realtek 2019,
  10. chip realtek AC269,
  11. no audio jack output,