Windows 10: No sound from the camera app

Discus and support No sound from the camera app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I'm currently having an issue with the Windows 10 Camera app. I record video, but no sound is coming through on the final product. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by _____ciga, Dec 15, 2019.

1. _____ciga Win User

No sound from the camera app

Hello,

I'm currently having an issue with the Windows 10 Camera app.

I record video, but no sound is coming through on the final product.

I have updated the drivers that would do the problem (i.e, Microphone, Sound Card).

Still, no sound picked up.

Other recording apps (Sound Recorder and third party sound recorders don't work) for example windows expression encoder screen recorder works...

Please help!

Ciga

:)

_____ciga, Dec 15, 2019

2. Sound and camera

Hi Riel,

Troubleshooter did not fix the problem. Any other suggestion?

Thanks.

Jose

Jose L. Gil, Dec 15, 2019
  3. Sound and camera

Hi Riel,

Thanks.

Jose

Thank you for your reply.

Since the previous troubleshooting steps didn't resolve the issue, we suggest performing a
    System Restore to get your computer back to its previous state.

Note: System Restore will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed but won't affect your personal files.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Hi. Unfortunatelly System Restore only had one restore date and it did not solve the problem. Any suggestion?

Thanks.

Jose

Jose L. Gil, Dec 15, 2019
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Sound and camera

Hi Riel,

Thanks.

Jose

Thank you for your reply.

Since the previous troubleshooting steps didn't resolve the issue, we suggest performing a
    System Restore to get your computer back to its previous state.

Note: System Restore will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed but won't affect your personal files.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Riel Alc, Dec 15, 2019
Thema:

1. No sound from the camera app - Similar Threads - sound camera app

2. No sound from microphones with camera app or zoom in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound from microphones with camera app or zoom in Windows 11: Just updated to Windows 11. Now I cannot get video to record with audio and I cannot get my audio to work with Zoom. I've tested both the internal microphone and external microphones in settings, both test just fine. I've made sure microphone settings were correct. I've made...
  3. No sound from microphones with camera app or zoom in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound from microphones with camera app or zoom in Windows 11: Just updated to Windows 11. Now I cannot get video to record with audio and I cannot get my audio to work with Zoom. I've tested both the internal microphone and external microphones in settings, both test just fine. I've made sure microphone settings were correct. I've made...
  4. Problem with recording sound in Camera app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with recording sound in Camera app: I have no trouble recording video with my camera app - however, NOW when I play the video back there is no sound. Previously, I wrote in saying that I could record video and listen with headphones, but the sound only was coming out from one side not both. I put the link in...
  5. Problem with recording sound in Camera app

Problem with recording sound in Camera app: I have no trouble recording video with my camera app - however, NOW when I play the video back there is no sound. Previously, I wrote in saying that I could record video and listen with headphones, but the sound only was coming out from one side not both. I put the link in...
  6. Camera app sound recording issue

Camera app sound recording issue: I have no trouble recording video with my camera app - however, when I play the video back and listen with headphones, the sounds only comes from one side not both. How can I fix this VERY annoying problem since folks listening to my videos can also only hear the sound...
  7. Windows Camera app not recording sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Camera app not recording sound: I'm trying to record myself on the Windows Camera App for a school project, but no sound is coming out when I play it back. I've tried troubleshooting, adjusting the microphone settings, and checking if the app has microphone access, but nothing is working. HELP! submitted...
  8. No sound on video using camera app on laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    No sound on video using camera app on laptop: Hi! I've done a video on my laptop using the camera app. Unfortunately after playing back the video there is no sound. Could you please assist. Thanks...
  9. Windows Camera app not recording sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Camera app not recording sound: I have been trying to record video using the Windows Camera app (Windows version 1909), but no sound gets recorded. The default audio input device is the microphone in my webcam, and the audio preferences for Camera are set to default. I was able to use the same setup...
  10. Camera and Sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Camera and Sound: Whenever I use my camera to record, all windows audio stops working. If the camera is not recording, I can hear all audio through my headphones just fine, but if I start recording, audio from every program stops working completely. The audio mixer still shows that audio is...