Windows 10: No sound from Toshiba laptop speakers; headphones still work.

Discus and support No sound from Toshiba laptop speakers; headphones still work. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello there, I've been having an issue with my Toshiba laptop's speakers lately. Here's my laptop specs: Toshiba Satellie C850-B089 Windows 10 Home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by alaminalamin1, Jul 25, 2020.

1. No sound from Toshiba laptop speakers; headphones still work.

Hello there, I've been having an issue with my Toshiba laptop's speakers lately.

Here's my laptop specs:
    Toshiba Satellie C850-B089
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Sound card - High Definition Audio Device
    The problem occurred about two days ago, I haven't really installed any new programs recently.
    There is no system restore point to restore to.
    When I play a video or song, the volume mixer says sound is working however I hear nothing from the internal speakers; when I plug in headphones, they're working fine.

If anyone has any idea what I could try, that'd be great. Thanks.

My laptop uses Realtek High Defintion Audio device driver which I uninstalled and reinstalled the most up to date version from here http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false#High Definition Audio Codecs

That did not solve my problem.

I tried another suggestion by disabling the Realtek driver and using the generic driver provided by Windows called "High Definition Audio Device"; that did not work either.

:)

alaminalamin1, Jul 25, 2020
  2. LimonKay Win User

No sound from Toshiba laptop speakers; headphones still work.

Hello there, I've been having an issue with my Toshiba laptop's speakers lately.

Here's my laptop specs:

Toshiba Satellie P845T-S305

Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Sound card - High Definition Audio Device

The problem occurred about two days ago, I haven't really installed any new programs recently.

There is no system restore point to restore to.

When I play a video or song, the volume mixer says sound is working however I hear nothing from the internal speakers; when I plug in headphones, they're working fine.

LimonKay, Jul 25, 2020
  3. No sound from headphones but speakers work.

No Its Just A Speaker

glockafella, Jul 25, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

No sound from headphones but speakers work.

Hi, what sort of headphones are they? Plain ordinary analogue.. USB..?
    Do they require a driver? If so, is it installed ok?

There are several threads about headphone issues on this forum, so suggest you also try searching the forum for 'headphones'. May give you a clue.

E.g.
    Audio Issues - Quiet no detection of headphones - Windows 10 Forums
    Solved Cannot connect to bluetooth headphones after upgrade to Win10 - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

1. No sound from Toshiba laptop speakers; headphones still work. - Similar Threads - sound Toshiba laptop

2. No sound on speaker, but on headphone is worked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound on speaker, but on headphone is worked: Hello,So last week I go to a computer repair service to replace my laptop's keyboard my laptop still on Windows 10. When I take it back, I noticed that the computer can't automatically switch between speaker and headphone. I bring my laptop again to them and they tried to do...
  3. No sound on speaker, but on headphone is worked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound on speaker, but on headphone is worked: Hello,So last week I go to a computer repair service to replace my laptop's keyboard my laptop still on Windows 10. When I take it back, I noticed that the computer can't automatically switch between speaker and headphone. I bring my laptop again to them and they tried to do...
  4. Sound coming from both headphones and laptop speakers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound coming from both headphones and laptop speakers?: Hey guys, I have been trying to fix this problem all day. My laptop has sound coming from both the speakers and a headset when I plug it in. I want it to be able to play sound from the headset when it's in and not from the laptop's speakers, until I take the headset back out....
  5. My bluetooth headphones are connected, but sound is still coming from the laptop speakers,...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My bluetooth headphones are connected, but sound is still coming from the laptop speakers,...: My Bluetooth headphones are connected to my laptop, but when I play any type of sound it comes from my laptop speakers instead of the Bluetooth headphones. Is there anyway that I can switch this? It used to work fine and randomly stopped about a month ago....
  6. No sound from my dell laptop's speaker but headphone works.

No sound from my dell laptop's speaker but headphone works.: I've run a lot of troubleshooting about this to make sure it's a software failure nothing about hardware. I tried to install two different version of Realtek driver, which was 6.0.1.8186 (14/6/2017) and 6.0.1.8142 (2/5/2017) they both have the same problem. Now I use...
  7. Sound - speakers/headphones - stopped working on ASUS laptop

Sound - speakers/headphones - stopped working on ASUS laptop: With no intervening "event" - no new hardware or software or drivers installed Following the installation of a Cisco VPN client, the sound stopped working on my ASUS laptop. There is a red X over the speaker icon at the bottom right of the computer. Mousing over the icon,...
  8. No Sound From HeadPhones But Speaker Works

No Sound From HeadPhones But Speaker Works: I Have a HP Pavilion g7-1355dx Notebook PC And I Just Upgraded From Windows 7 To Windows 10 And I Cant Hear Anything From My Headphones But Only From My Internal Speaker. The HeadPhones Work Fine On My DeskTop And They Dont Require A Drive. have tried updating the...
  9. No sound from speakers/headphones

No sound from speakers/headphones: Hi, I have the Dell XPS 8300 with the onboard Realtek HD Audio. I can't get any sound from speakers/headphones using any of the ports at the back and the front audio jack. The speakers are fine as I have tested them on my mobile. I have the latest drivers...
  10. No sound from headphones but speakers work.

No sound from headphones but speakers work.: Hello, I have a laptop - Asus GL551JW-DS71. My speakers work fine but when I plug in my headphones, I can't hear any sound from the headphones. The headphones do work as I use them for my desktop. I have tried updating the sound drivers from the device manager. I...