Windows 10: No sound from TV with HDMI cable

Discus and support No sound from TV with HDMI cable in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I've built a desktop recently and everything is working properly until I connect it to my TV. Basically, I have no sound, even though... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tsilva, May 4, 2021.

1. tsilva Win User

No sound from TV with HDMI cable

Hello everyone, I've built a desktop recently and everything is working properly until I connect it to my TV. Basically, I have no sound, even though the TV is properly detected by Windows. I have no problems whatsoever when my desktop is connected to my Lenovo high refresh monitor. So, below is how the volume shows up. I've tried multiple things with no success: Updated my graphics driversTried different HDMI ports (from motherboard and gpu)Tried with HDMI cable from TVTried with HDMI that came with my monitorTried Windows troubleshootingTried updating Realtek drivers directly on Device Manager (Windows said I already had the latest drivers) Below you have an image that the TV is correctly detected and selected: On Device Manager everything looks okay: When I tried to see/edit the TV's sound properties basically I have nothing to change, and it says: "that the device was removed" and "no audio device is installed": On "speakers configuration" on the image below it says "Unknown", which is weird: Windows troubleshooting fails with two errors: "Volume is too low" and "audio services are not responding" I have no more ideas, so I appreciate all the help you can give me. Thank you in advance

:)

tsilva, May 4, 2021
  2. tsilva Win User

Hello everyone,

I've built a desktop recently and everything is working properly until I connect it to my TV. Basically, I have no sound, even though the TV is properly detected by Windows. I have no problems whatsoever when my desktop is connected to my Lenovo high refresh monitor. So, below is how the volume shows up.

No sound from TV with HDMI cable [​IMG]

I've tried multiple things with no success:

• Updated my graphics drivers
    • Tried different HDMI ports (from motherboard and gpu)
    • Tried with HDMI cable from TV
    • Tried with HDMI that came with my monitor
    • Tried Windows troubleshooting
    • Tried updating Realtek drivers directly on Device Manager (Windows said I already had the latest drivers)

Below you have an image that the TV is correctly detected and selected:

On Device Manager everything looks okay:

When I tried to see/edit the TV's sound properties basically I have nothing to change, and it says: "that the device was removed" and "no audio device is installed":

On "speakers configuration" on the image below it says "Unknown", which is weird:

Windows troubleshooting fails with two errors: "Volume is too low" and "audio services are not responding"

I have no more ideas, so I appreciate all the help you can give me.

Thank you in advance

tsilva, May 4, 2021
  3. tsilva Win User

Thank you for your reply.

I tried your suggestion, I even went to the point of uninstalling all the audio drivers from the Device Manager and then installed the Realtek driver from my motherboard manufacturer, but sadly, nothing really changed.

When looking at your printscreens, it is interesting to note, that the name SAMSUNG shows up on the Device Manager, but in my case doesn't. And I can't set a playback device because there are no speakers on my desktop, it should detect the TV, but it doesn't.

tsilva, May 4, 2021
  4. MisterEd Win User

Looking at this again I realized my error. The Realtek driver is for the audio output from the motherboard to headphones or speakers. This works fine.

The audio output device when my TV or monitor is connected is the "AMD High Definition Audio Device". The driver for this probably comes from the AMD Radeon drivers. Have you tried reinstalling the AMD Radeon drivers?

I used an HDMI cable to hook my Asus VE228H (21.5-inch, 1080p) monitor. It has a built-in speaker.
    It worked fine with the video and audio going to it.

MisterEd, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. No sound from TV with HDMI cable - Similar Threads - sound HDMI cable

2. No sound on HDMI TV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound on HDMI TV: I get no sound coming out of my TV when l connect it to my PC, instead it comes out from the tower.In the sound setting, the TV shows as "Not connected/not plugged in". l have tried troubleshooting it by changing the HDMI cable, and trying different ports on the TV. The TV...
  3. No HDMI Sound From TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No HDMI Sound From TV: Hello, I have a Lenovo Slim 7 16IAH7 laptop and when I connect an HDMI cable all I get is video no audio. Audio comes from the laptop and not the TV. When I go to sound settings no HDMI Devices appear. I have updated my graphics driver and other drivers. I have checked for...
  4. No HDMI Sound From TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No HDMI Sound From TV: Hello, I have a Lenovo Slim 7 16IAH7 laptop and when I connect an HDMI cable all I get is video no audio. Audio comes from the laptop and not the TV. When I go to sound settings no HDMI Devices appear. I have updated my graphics driver and other drivers. I have checked for...
  5. hdmi cable to tv

hdmi cable to tv: Since installing windows 10 i cant get the hdmi cable from laptop to tv to work, i was working fine prior to me downloading windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-cable-to-tv/fbb308ac-309b-4ec2-a047-673dfeec99e9
  6. HDMI no sound on TV

HDMI no sound on TV: the audio from my computer doesn't play on the TV with my HDMI cord. It worked a few days ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-no-sound-on-tv/46d8c4ec-ed5d-4022-8c9d-6af70522895b
  7. No Audio With HDMI Cable From TV to PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Audio With HDMI Cable From TV to PC: Why is there no audio when I plug in HDMI cable from tv to pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-with-hdmi-cable-from-tv-to-pc/ad23c526-2966-4b35-9b7e-3fda436a7b79
  8. sound with hdmi cable

sound with hdmi cable: I connected my computer with an hdmi cable to my tv and the display and sound worked fine. But every time that I wake my computer up after that I have no sound unless I disconnect and then reconnect the hdmi cable to the tv. How can this be resolved without having to...
  9. No sound to tv through hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Customization
    No sound to tv through hdmi cable: I have a tv hooked up to my laptop through an HDMI cable. The display comes across beautifully, but there is no sound. I've found my tv, but it gives me no options. When I went into the settings and got to the playback devices, it says the HDMI isn't plugged in. I'm forced...
  10. No sound using TV as monitor with HDMI cable

No sound using TV as monitor with HDMI cable: I use my tv as a monitor for my computer and the sound has suddenly stopped working. The picture is fine but there's no sound, it says that the "Spatial sound" is off and doesn't give me an option to turn the sound on for anything but headphones. Nothing I've seen online...