Windows 10: No sound from USB headset after reinstalling Windows - Windows 10

Discus and support No sound from USB headset after reinstalling Windows - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Okay, here we go, hear me out. About 8 hours ago i decided to Reinstall Windows 10, all went well, aside from one thing, aside from my USB headset i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ninetenduh, Dec 16, 2018.

1. No sound from USB headset after reinstalling Windows - Windows 10

Okay, here we go, hear me out. About 8 hours ago i decided to Reinstall Windows 10, all went well, aside from one thing, aside from my USB headset i have absolutely no sound or no correctly working sound, mostly none at all.

But lets start small shall we, at this point, just one out of 3 options brought a Result which is my Terratec Aureon 5.1 PCI, the problem on it is, while it works relatively fine, Installing the driver works fine, it wont install a Device Manager to control any of the options, but the more deciding problem is that the Input is send throught the output so basically i talk and i can hear myself through every speaker, obviously stereo mix is disabled and all.

So that would be Problem Nr.1.

Problem Nr.2 is alot more Complicated, that includes the Second PCI Card, a Digitus DS 33700-1 with an envy24, which i used prior to reinstalling windows, so i am fairly certain that it does work, however, while it is shown in device Manager Windows can identifie it as an Audio Controller, but when i install the driver, the driver installs correctly, kind of, After it was sucesfully installed and the PC restarted the Device is still shown as an audio device a Device that is not working correctly and without drivers, obviously nothing else is working, not the Device manager not the output, nothing, i switched ports and all nothing had an effect on it.

Now we get to the Hardcore Problem, the Onboard sound, an Realtek ALC888B something, So, the Driver again installs like normal, even Microsoft updates it, too bad it updates it even after disabling and Uninstalling it. However, this one has weird problems, No device i plug in is recognized, unless i disable them Stereomix and Digital innternal input is constantly on and set as Primary, But now it get's more weird, while it wont recognize any Devices ever, when i disable the Front Audio Input/Output, suddenly the Device Manager for the Realtek soundcard shows both Front jacks have a Plugged in Device while not having a single Device plugged in ever.

I tried installing Drivers for Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 10 for all 3, tried the auto updates, nothing worked. I used the Digitus soundcard just moments beforereinstalling windows, so again, i am fairly certain that all 3 are working

***Title modified from: Audio Issues***

:)

ninetenduh, Dec 16, 2018

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Dec 16, 2018
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue No sound from USB headset after reinstalling Windows - Windows 10 :p

cadaveca, Dec 16, 2018
  4. Delta6326 Win User

No sound from USB headset after reinstalling Windows - Windows 10

Delta6326, Dec 16, 2018
Thema:

No sound from USB headset after reinstalling Windows - Windows 10

1. No sound from USB headset after reinstalling Windows - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - sound USB headset

2. Reinstalling Windows from a USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalling Windows from a USB: I have a computer which refuses to boot Windows, but will boot into the BiOS system, where it is now stuck at user level. I've written off the prospect of recovering any data from this computer, so my plan was to see if it will let me simply reinstall Windows. I downloaded...
  3. Reinstalling Windows from a USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling Windows from a USB: I have a computer which refuses to boot Windows, but will boot into the BiOS system, where it is now stuck at user level. I've written off the prospect of recovering any data from this computer, so my plan was to see if it will let me simply reinstall Windows. I downloaded...
  4. Sound problems after Windows 10 reinstallation.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound problems after Windows 10 reinstallation.: I have been having sound problems after reinstalling Windows 10 on my desktop. Its a kind of vibration or electric buzz that occurs with some regularity when I stream a video, when I play a dvd, or an audiobook cd. I use add-in speakers but they work fine with my phone so...
  5. No Sound after a Windows Reinstallation

No Sound after a Windows Reinstallation: After I reinstalled Windows, No noise was coming out of my PC. Can someone please tell me why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-after-a-windows-reinstallation/c21156f4-df77-4fb1-b6a6-abf29cb55ef4
  6. no sound from usb headset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    no sound from usb headset: I'm using a Sony USB wireless headset on my laptop and I can hear sound from discord but not from chrome when a video is playing. I know the problem isn't the headset cause it works perfectly fine on my ps4. is there anything I can do to fix this? submitted by /u/ErvinC93...
  7. Reinstalling Windows 10 from usb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling Windows 10 from usb: Hi, i have had made progress in trying to get Windows 10 reinstalled on my acer Aspire One Cloudbook 14 i tried to reset it but then it got stuck on the acer logo page, and came across this article as it seem the best thing to do the original article came from Dave m i...
  8. Reinstalling Windows 10 from USB

Reinstalling Windows 10 from USB: Hi to all, I’m desperately trying to reinstall Windows from USB on my Surface Laptop 3 but it appears all drivers are deactivated from the very beginning (language to install/time and currency/input screen) That would make sense but even the trackpad is not working. I...
  9. Hissing sound on USB Headset

Hissing sound on USB Headset: When connecting a USB headset windows produces a terrible hissing sound/compression artifacts over the normal sound playing. This is more pronounced when playing louder sounds and substantially worse when the headset is in 7.1 mode instead of stereo. The problem doesn't...
  10. No sound after reinstalling windows 10.

No sound after reinstalling windows 10.: Device manager tells me I have two drivers : IDT High Definition Audio CODEC and High Definition Audio Device. Trying for an update to the IDT driver (on line) I am told that there is a problem and that no sound card can be detected. Updating the High Definition Audio...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no sound from usb headset windows 10

2. Windows 10 no sound usb headset