Windows 10: No sound from Yeti Mic after Windows 10 1809 update

Discus and support No sound from Yeti Mic after Windows 10 1809 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, I have had my Yeti Mic for some time with no problems. In fact, many of the web meetings comment on how clear my voice is. Recently, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ScottBarella, May 21, 2019.

1. No sound from Yeti Mic after Windows 10 1809 update

Hi all,

I have had my Yeti Mic for some time with no problems. In fact, many of the web meetings comment on how clear my voice is. Recently, the mic no longer functions and it is NOT a privacy setting which I did check. The device is recognized and can be seen in Device Manager and disappears when I remove the USB cable. The device does work as I used it on an older machine of mine.

I do note in the Events list that the Device "was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match".

Device SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.1.00000000}.{72a9e191-3533-45a6-96ed-1da55b600d1b} was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

More details from the snap-in on Event Viewer.

Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP
    Date: 5/21/2019 8:43:25 AM
    Event ID: 410
    Task Category: None
    Level: Information
    Keywords:
    User: SYSTEM
    Computer: SCOTT_PC_10P
    Description:
    Device SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.1.00000000}.{72a9e191-3533-45a6-96ed-1da55b600d1b} was started.

Driver Name: audioendpoint.inf
    Class Guid: {c166523c-fe0c-4a94-a586-f1a80cfbbf3e}
    Service:
    Lower Filters:
    Upper Filters:
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP" Guid="{9c205a39-1250-487d-abd7-e831c6290539}" />
    <EventID>410</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>4</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x4000000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-05-21T14:43:25.159076400Z" />
    <EventRecordID>3581</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="184" />
    <Channel>Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration</Channel>
    <Computer>SCOTT_PC_10P</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data Name="DeviceInstanceId">SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.1.00000000}.{72a9e191-3533-45a6-96ed-1da55b600d1b}</Data>
    <Data Name="DriverName">audioendpoint.inf</Data>
    <Data Name="ClassGuid">{c166523c-fe0c-4a94-a586-f1a80cfbbf3e}</Data>
    <Data Name="ServiceName">
    </Data>
    <Data Name="LowerFilters">
    </Data>
    <Data Name="UpperFilters">
    </Data>
    <Data Name="Problem">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="Status">0x0</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

:)

ScottBarella, May 21, 2019

2. Blue yeti mic not showing up on Windows 10 computer

Old title: Blue yeti mic not showing up plz help

so i have recently purchased a blue yeti mic and i plugged it in and i went to configure it but its not working. i check my control panel and its not showing up on there and idk how to get it working so plz help

GeorgePhares, May 21, 2019
  3. Topher32 Win User
    Blue Yeti mic not working Win10

I have upgraded from Win8.1 to Win10, and am having audio issues. At first, my Blue Yeti mic worked perfectly fine, however audio would cut out after a time, and if i was using a voice chat program (mumble, teamspeak) the audio would get stuck in a loop
    as if someone in the channel was playing a lopped syllable. I would have to close the voice chat program, wait for the audio to go back to normal after a minute or two, then go back into the voice program and it would work fine for a while before repeating
    this process.

Now, however, my computer recognizes the Blue Yeti mic, in device manager, in any program where I can designate the mic, however it is unable to be used, and I have no idea how to fix this.

I have a backup headset I can use for a mic input, however the audio issue previously stated is still present. Any ideas on what causes this to happen, and why the Blue Yeti mic isn't working even though it's recognized as being plugged in?

Topher32, May 21, 2019
  4. No sound from Yeti Mic after Windows 10 1809 update

Blue Yeti mic not working Win10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have an issue with the mic and audio not working in Windows 10.
    We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I would like to know the details below to assist you better.

• Do you get any error message/code?
    Let’s try performing the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I request you to run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which checks the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues and provides the details on how to fix them. Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter.

• Click Start.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar and press “Enter”.

• In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on
      “View All” on the left pane.

• Click on “Hardware and Devices”.

• Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.

• Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Method 2:

Try updating the Audio drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.
    Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

• Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

• Right-click on the Sound card and click on Uninstall.

• Update the drivers from the manufacturers website.

• Restart the computer and check.
    Also refer the below article and check if it helps.

No sound in Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...4&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Note: The above article holds good to Windows 10 also.

Keep us posted on the issue to assist you better.

Sudheendra S, May 21, 2019
Thema:

No sound from Yeti Mic after Windows 10 1809 update

1. No sound from Yeti Mic after Windows 10 1809 update - Similar Threads - sound Yeti Mic

2. Problem with Blue Yeti Microphone after recent update from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with Blue Yeti Microphone after recent update from Windows 10: So after a recent update to Windows 10 on either 5/14/18 or 5/15/18, my microphone as ceased to function. I have spent around 5 hours in my free time trying to get it to work with other programs. I have a Blue Yeti Microphone and it was working perfectly fine before the...
  3. Regarding Yeti Mic Not been recognised by Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Regarding Yeti Mic Not been recognised by Windows 10: Hello, I'm currently having problems with using my Yeti Mic on my computer. It was functioning completely fine and suddenly stopped I noticed that the cable was getting hot so I removed the cable and replaced it however windows 10 now doesn't even show up that something is...
  4. No sound after windows 10 update 1903 or 1909 but works with 1809

No sound after windows 10 update 1903 or 1909 but works with 1809: Hi after updating to both windows 10 1903 and then 1909 my Creative Audigy 2 zs platinum Pro sound card will not omit any sound. Even the on board Realtek sound will not work too. Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, using the latest drivers, enabling/...
  5. No Sound After Installing Windows 10 1809

No Sound After Installing Windows 10 1809: No sound after installing 1809. Ran trouble shooter for the volume and it didn't do any good, I'm not surprised. I restarted… no good. Any more ideas??? James...
  6. Sound issue After Windows 10 Update 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sound issue After Windows 10 Update 1809: After the Windows update I had no audio. I can get the audio to work by running the audio troubleshooter and then rebooting. However, I have to do this each time I start up the computer. How do I get the Troubleshooter "fix" to be permanent?...
  7. Windows 10 Update after 1809 update NO SOUND whilst switching users

Windows 10 Update after 1809 update NO SOUND whilst switching users: Hi, Since I installed 1809 update I have had issues with sound, i.e. NO SOUND.I have done ALL the options available to me via various websites, yet when switching between users on my PC (We have 5 users) the sound gets lost...I have even installed a new Sound card thinking...
  8. No sound after Win 10 1809 update

No sound after Win 10 1809 update: Every time I boot up in my account, I have no sound. The usual method of repair, uninstalling the sound drivers and rebooting, works, but only once. I have to do this each time I turn on my computer. So far there is no permanent fix. IDT High Definition Audio CODEC is what I...
  9. Windows 10 update 1809 disabled sound

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update 1809 disabled sound: Update 1809, I get no sound whatsoever. Not through my sdpeakers or headphones. Nothing, no matter what I tried (I tried a command prompt to check for corrupt drivers, reinstalled them, checked the default device ect. all of that). So I looked around and apparantly this is a...
  10. No sound after windows update 1809

No sound after windows update 1809: Hi there, my windows installed the 1809 update, not a new installation, and since then I have no sound? I run the troubleshooter which resolves the issue until i turn off/restart the computer then no sound again? Can't seem to find the option to roll back on the update....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update yeti mic not wokring

2. no sound from yeti mic

3. yeti microphone not working after window update

4. mmdevapi mic issues