Windows 10: No Sound, Generic Bluetooth Stereo Generic Audio Driver Issue

Discus and support No Sound, Generic Bluetooth Stereo Generic Audio Driver Issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The Device: Advertised as Universal. Capello Ci302 www.hellocapello.com -home stereo with fm, bluetooth, cd player, and aux, and remote control.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LindseyLeeanna, Mar 28, 2020.

1. No Sound, Generic Bluetooth Stereo Generic Audio Driver Issue

The Device:

Advertised as Universal.

Capello Ci302

www.hellocapello.com

-home stereo with fm, bluetooth, cd player, and aux, and remote control.

pairs perfectly with Iphone and Samsung Android phone.

requires Bluetooth 2.1 EDR

Windows 10 home 1909 on Samsung Notebook 7 Spin.

Updates Installed.

Wireless:

Qualcomm Atheros Communications Inc

Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter

Normal Bluetooth Driver Version: 10.0.0.918

>>>>Connect Device/ lists as audio voice, no sound, and breaks wifi - won't play video or music. <<<

>>>>Installed Qualcomm Atheros Communications Bluetooth Version 8.0.1.312 Running Bluetooth 2.1 EDR. It did not work with the Win 10 version of this 64, but only with Windows 7

Device pairs/connects as audio. Signal Good, but will not play sound. The icon for signal strength shows as red x, but it's still good.

**Can't change bit rate on either greyed out

**Configure is grayed out.

--default playbacks set properly.

--services running.

--devices discoverable.

--radio on.

--audio enhancements off or nonexistent.

Samsung does have audio enhancement options that don't have an option to disable. Movie, Game, Music...

I set mine to auto.

Ran audio playback troubleshooter,

error: detects generic audio device/driver.

Displays as Bluetooth Audio Device,

and that is the only compatible option from updating driver manually from computer files.Located on the Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator

Doesn't work when set as Microsoft High Definition Audio Device.

Tried the Microsoft OEM High Definition Audio Device, and it let me change it but upon restart -

windows ran some updates on this restart,

It totally spazzed out. something/stop blue screen,

and would not reboot.

I ran a Reset - opting to keep files.

It lagged a bit at 88%, and then started up. It didn't take me long to reinstall apps/settings/extensions. It's a brand new laptop.

Reset saved an html list of many removed apps and their publishers - but not all. That was so helpful.

Now, everytime I startup I get this message:

Can not find script file C:/Users/linds/AppData/Roaming/tBar.msi.vbs

Don't know what that means - but can't notice effect rn.

There are no available drivers from the manufacturer. I have made several calls.

It adds a PAN.

3 remote sessions with Microsoft support all failed - concluded with incompatibility which I do not accept because the device advertises as universal & it works on both phones, but I only have the issues with windows 10 - laptop and tablet.

1 remote session with Samsung.

I think they have now blocked me from the chats :/

Also tried with XFINITY and Geeksquad to no avail.

So currently the only issue is that it detects as Generic.

As I can't download drivers from manufacturer,

and can't set it to use Microsoft's generic audio driver,

Does anyone have any *useful* suggestions or solutions?

I am now terrified to set the drivers to anything but the listed "compatible" ones, in fear of sending my PC into the great death.

When/If they Capello company responds I will suggest they send me a similar product that works with Windows 10. - I can't return it to Target but the service rep told me there was a 1 year warranty. Upon purchase I did not realize it was "old." & still can't find the manufacture year. Although I should have realized it because of the CD player. Nobody uses CD's anymore.

After all of the troubleshooting and I'm talking at least 4 full solid night and days of Googling/ DuckDuckGo, uninstalling, reinstalling, forget device/reconnect/ reboot etc....

The issue is completely on the Microsoft Windows 10 - because I'm certain the device worked on older versions available when product was manufactured. Can't test this - but that's my guess. Why are the support techs all so ignorant of their product? We all know how to Google, and I'm certain we all try many options before resorting to support techs. This is my first question here after all else has failed.

Thanks for any help.

:)

LindseyLeeanna, Mar 28, 2020
  2. Fidel Win User

Generic Audio Driver Issue

I tried updating drivers, un and reinstall them didn't work. When I run the troubleshoot it says I have a GENERIC AUDIO DRIVER issue....anybody have any suggestions to how I can fix this?

No Sound, Generic Bluetooth Stereo Generic Audio Driver Issue [​IMG]

Fidel, Mar 28, 2020
  3. generic bluetooth driver

Hello Jessica,

I'm Independent Advisor and Microsoft MVP, here to help you with your question.

I suggest you to download latest Bluetooth driver from your device manufacturer's website and install it.

Or you can try steps mentioned here to install generic Bluetooth driver:

https://www.kapilarya.com/bluetooth-missing-in-...

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya [Directly], Mar 28, 2020
  4. No Sound, Generic Bluetooth Stereo Generic Audio Driver Issue

Generic Audio Driver

ive tried to uninstall my audio and reinstall drivers i have even factory reset my pc but every time i trouble shoot my sound it says problem found generic audio driver

TheSecretHotDog, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

No Sound, Generic Bluetooth Stereo Generic Audio Driver Issue

1. No Sound, Generic Bluetooth Stereo Generic Audio Driver Issue - Similar Threads - Sound Generic Bluetooth

2. Generic audio driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Generic audio driver: Hi, there, I’m having problem with my laptop. I have generic audio driver as one of my problem. I don’t how what cause it or have to fix the problem. Can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-audio-driver/c2b092a8-c72b-46af-91d6-4e92cb4d69a1
  3. Generic audio driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Generic audio driver: Hi, there, I’m having problem with my laptop. I have generic audio driver as one of my problem. I don’t how what cause it or have to fix the problem. Can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-audio-driver/c2b092a8-c72b-46af-91d6-4e92cb4d69a1
  4. generic audio driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    generic audio driver: generic audio driver hi my sound of laptop have problem and its error is generic audio driver .how to i can solv it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-audio-driver/f66988d3-39c7-4ceb-9394-8c790936d1b3
  5. Generic Audio Driver issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Generic Audio Driver issue: Hi all, I have recently encountered a problem with the sound not playing from my laptop speakers, secondary to a so-called "generic audio driver" issue. I have a HP Spectre 360 laptop. Running Windows 10. "Version 2004" last updated on 14-March-2021. After this, no...
  6. Generic Audio Driver

Generic Audio Driver: ive tried to uninstall my audio and reinstall drivers i have even factory reset my pc but every time i trouble shoot my sound it says problem found generic audio driver...
  7. generic audio driver

generic audio driver: How do i fix the generic audio driver? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-audio-driver/1b754d9a-46e6-425b-9bf2-2178c8b33e71
  8. generic audio driver.

generic audio driver.: Hi I have problem with my windows 10 that i can not hear the sound form my tv when i connection my laptop with my tv. ant the troubleshoot sound problem tell me that i have a problem is it generic audio driver. I updated Windows and checked all the updates as you cleared...
  9. generic bluetooth driver

generic bluetooth driver: i need to install the genric bluetooth driver to my computer because update wont use my current csr driver just trying to find a safe download to put driver on my computer with windows 10...
  10. Generic Audio Driver Issue

Generic Audio Driver Issue: I tried updating drivers, un and reinstall them didn't work. When I run the troubleshoot it says I have a GENERIC AUDIO DRIVER issue....anybody have any suggestions to how I can fix this? [img] 74338