Windows 10: No sound in browsers but sound works in Windows...

Discus and support No sound in browsers but sound works in Windows... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I didn't know where else to post this based on the titles of each forum, so I figured "software" was the closest I could get. I think it's a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tin Tin, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Tin Tin Win User

No sound in browsers but sound works in Windows...

Hi, I didn't know where else to post this based on the titles of each forum, so I figured "software" was the closest I could get.

I think it's a browser issue.

The deal is that after a video driver update the other day, I lost sound in my browsers (Chrome is what I use, but I checked Firefox also, no sound there either). Also, when loading videos in YouTube, they take a long time to load and I get a message saying "If playback doesn't begin shortly, try restarting your device"....

Tin Tin, Oct 2, 2018

2. sound not working

Hi Connor,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Is the issue specific to only YouTube videos or the sound is completely gone?
    • Which browser are you using?

Run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

I would suggest you to refer to the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Please do try the audio troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

SujataMoktan, Oct 2, 2018
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Oct 2, 2018
  4. fireberd Win User

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

1. No sound in browsers but sound works in Windows... - Similar Threads - sound browsers sound

2. Sound not playing from browsers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound not playing from browsers: Hi everyone,I was wondering if you could help as I'm stumped and I'm not really sure what's going on.I have a laptop running on Windows 10 Enterprise, and yesterday realised that sound is no longer playing from browsers but it's working on system sounds, Outlook, Teams etc -...
  3. Sound not playing from browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound not playing from browsers: Hi everyone,I was wondering if you could help as I'm stumped and I'm not really sure what's going on.I have a laptop running on Windows 10 Enterprise, and yesterday realised that sound is no longer playing from browsers but it's working on system sounds, Outlook, Teams etc -...
  4. Sound not playing from browsers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sound issues and browsers not opening

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound issues and browsers not opening: Okay so I updated windows on September 23rd. Everything was fine, I was watching Netflix last night. I stepped away for about 5 minutes and when I came back the sound suddenly wasn't working. Tried everything to fix it including updating drives, resetting my laptop, etc with...
  6. No sound on certain browser pages

in Windows 10 Customization
    No sound on certain browser pages: Hi. I'm currently using Windows Edge as browser, opening various tabs: Messenger, Whatsapp Web, Youtube, Facebook, etc. The issue is the audio in Facebook and Youtube plays properly but there is no sound when the audio is played on Whatsapp and Messenger's chat:...
  7. Sound in a browser and the Windows Audio Service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound in a browser and the Windows Audio Service: Hi I have a strange issue in Windows 10 x64 with two user accounts on the PC. I am finding that sound inside a browser (i.e. videos or audio) does not work, though the system sound is still working. It doesn't matter which browser is used, and a restart of the Windows...
  8. Palemoon Browser Lost sound

in Browsers and Email
    Palemoon Browser Lost sound: I use Palemoon Web Browser for a lot for downloading video on You Tube I use version 28.2.2 32bit. It worked file till it upgraded to Version 28.3.1 after the up grade I lost all sound from the browser I have sound in Chrome,Firefox and two other Browsers But not a sound out...
  9. Sound is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound is not working: So just last night my audio was working, now when I click on the speaker icon it troubleshoots and says "one or more audio devices are not working" When I right click on it it says that "This computer cannot play audio because the windows audio services is not enabled" I...
  10. No sound on Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    No sound on Edge Browser: Hi All And Happy New Year, Since the update before the most recent I have no sound on any video played on "Edge". YouTube or news and sports videos from all sites play without sound. I have tried everything except the thing that will fix this. Its not an emergency since I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no sound on some videos in microsoft browsers