Windows 10: No sound in Cortana

Discus and support No sound in Cortana in Cortana to solve the problem; I removed the sound after increasing the volume that occurs on the volume bar. Is it the reason of this issue?... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by KarlTaufa, May 9, 2019.

1. KarlTaufa Win User

No sound in Cortana

I removed the sound after increasing the volume that occurs on the volume bar. Is it the reason of this issue?

:)

KarlTaufa, May 9, 2019

2. Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, May 9, 2019
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue No sound in Cortana :p

cadaveca, May 9, 2019
  4. No sound in Cortana

No Sound From Cortana After Upgrade From Windows 8.1 to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below:

Method 1: Make sure all the Cortana settings are proper.

a. Type "Cortana and Search Setting" and click Enter.

b. Make sure Cortana is ON for all

Method 2: Update all your audio drivers.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

• Double-click on the Sound card.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Update.

• Restart the computer and check.
    If this does not work you might have to Uninstall and then reinstall your drivers in compatibility mode.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, May 9, 2019
Thema:

No sound in Cortana

1. No sound in Cortana - Similar Threads - sound Cortana

2. i need help i cant open the windows menu or the Cortana search menu or the time sound or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need help i cant open the windows menu or the Cortana search menu or the time sound or...: I try hitting the windows button or anything like that it does not work and this is really annoying because i have to open apps using windows + r to open files but its hard to find files sometime if someone has a fix that would be nice....
  3. i need help i cant open the windows menu or the Cortana search menu or the time sound or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i need help i cant open the windows menu or the Cortana search menu or the time sound or...: I try hitting the windows button or anything like that it does not work and this is really annoying because i have to open apps using windows + r to open files but its hard to find files sometime if someone has a fix that would be nice....
  4. i need help i cant open the windows menu or the Cortana search menu or the time sound or...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do i stop cortana from repeating microphone sound back to me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i stop cortana from repeating microphone sound back to me: When I activate Cortana keyword permission it plays what my microphone is hearing back to me. I'm using windows 11 version 22H2.These pictures are in danishMy settings look like this when the problem occurs:and like this when the problem doesn't occur:But I want to keep the...
  6. How do i stop cortana from repeating microphone sound back to me

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i stop cortana from repeating microphone sound back to me: When I activate Cortana keyword permission it plays what my microphone is hearing back to me. I'm using windows 11 version 22H2.These pictures are in danishMy settings look like this when the problem occurs:and like this when the problem doesn't occur:But I want to keep the...
  7. How to remove cortana beep sounds when pressing E, T and F?

in Cortana
    How to remove cortana beep sounds when pressing E, T and F?: Whenever I press the keys E, T and F, I receive beeping sounds. It hurts my ears and its terribly annoying since I always have my headphones on. It also beeps during class and I get distracted by it. Please help me fix this problem. I tried searching how to remove it but it...
  8. My start menu, Cortana, internet, sound the task bar aren't working on my laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    My start menu, Cortana, internet, sound the task bar aren't working on my laptop: I searched the internet for the past three days and have tried every solution but I don't know what else to do. I even tried to reset my laptop deleting apps but keeping my documents but it says the reset was unsuccessful. I've tried the whole sfc / scannnow, the...
  9. After a recent update cortana pops up when a unspecified sound or word is spoken

in Cortana
    After a recent update cortana pops up when a unspecified sound or word is spoken: Hi --I have win 10 build 1904 after an update I was could not communicate with Cortana---I was told that another update was coming for Cortana--when I got it --it seems that Cortana is corrupted and is responding to voice/word/? and then "winking out"...
  10. Cortana Sound

in Cortana
    Cortana Sound: I cannot turn on Cortana voice sound. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-sound/eaae719e-0eff-40ca-b85c-f67f86d0fc8c