Windows 10: No Sound in Narrator or any other Text-to-speech Apps

Discus and support No Sound in Narrator or any other Text-to-speech Apps in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have no sound in Narrator or any other Text to speech apps (Windows 10 1809) . All other sound is functioning OK. In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AndyTucks, Dec 28, 2018.

1. AndyTucks Win User

No Sound in Narrator or any other Text-to-speech Apps

Hi, I have no sound in Narrator or any other Text to speech apps (Windows 10 1809) . All other sound is functioning OK. In settings->Text-to-speech->Preview Voice there is also no sound.

Any help gratefully received.

Andy.

:)

AndyTucks, Dec 28, 2018

2. Text to speech with narrator

How do I get Narrator to convert my own typed text to speech

PeterKelley#satoko, Dec 28, 2018
  3. David Haz Win User
    Looking for speech to text and text to speech software

Hello Elaine,

Windows 10 has two built-in apps that may help you with your productivity at work or while at home. You may read about them below:

Feel free to ask us, if you need further assistance.

Regards.

David Haz, Dec 28, 2018
  4. No Sound in Narrator or any other Text-to-speech Apps

Windows 10 Text-to-speech doesn't work

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

How are you trying to use text-to-speech on your computer?

If Cortana is not working on your computer, then I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in

Troubleshoot problems with the Start menu or Cortana
    and see if you are able to use Cortana.

You can use Narrator to
    Hear text read aloud
    , so that Narrator reads text on your PC screen aloud.

Also, you cannot use Cortana for text-to-speech because Cortana doesn’t have the functionality of text-to-speech.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

No Sound in Narrator or any other Text-to-speech Apps

1. No Sound in Narrator or any other Text-to-speech Apps - Similar Threads - Sound Narrator Text

2. Why are Natural Voices only available for Narrator and not for Text to Speech?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are Natural Voices only available for Narrator and not for Text to Speech?: The natural voices available for Narrator should also be available for standard Text to Speech. For example, I may have Aria reading to me in Narrator, but if I use the TTS feature in Kindle for PC, it can only be David or Zira. No natural voices downloads seem to be...
  3. Why are Natural Voices only available for Narrator and not for Text to Speech?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are Natural Voices only available for Narrator and not for Text to Speech?: The natural voices available for Narrator should also be available for standard Text to Speech. For example, I may have Aria reading to me in Narrator, but if I use the TTS feature in Kindle for PC, it can only be David or Zira. No natural voices downloads seem to be...
  4. Speech to text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speech to text: Hello!In the past when i press the windows button and the letter h, speech to text will normally work. Now it is no longer working.Can you assist? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speech-to-text/5c51e32e-5082-43dc-8a32-5ce5835cf0b9
  5. Windows 10 Text to Speech using the Narrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Text to Speech using the Narrator: ColleaguesI've tried to follow the on-line instructions for using Narrator, i.e. I've turned it on in Settings, but the Narrator then goes into a long introductory dialogue that I do not want to listen to. If I click on OK or Turn Off Narrator to stop the dialogue, the...
  6. Windows 10 Text to Speech using the Narrator

Windows 10 Text to Speech using the Narrator: ColleaguesI've tried to follow the on-line instructions for using Narrator, i.e. I've turned it on in Settings, but the Narrator then goes into a long introductory dialogue that I do not want to listen to. If I click on OK or Turn Off Narrator to stop the dialogue, the...
  7. No sound in Text to Speech

in Windows 10 Customization
    No sound in Text to Speech: Hello. I cannot hear any sound while doing TTS on the Software Balabolka. I suspect it has something to do with SAPI 5. My regular sounds are working. The Microsoft voice selector also works. I am on Windows 10. I rely on TTS for my youtube videos....
  8. Xbox app - Text to Speech

Xbox app - Text to Speech: I am unable to turn on text to speech within the xbox app sittings, Everything IS up to date. The option does not show above Privacy / Below Game streaming. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-app-text-to-speech/a04a54ef-b78a-4639-85e6-68db93680831
  9. Text to Speech

Text to Speech: Text to Speech identifies the acronyms incorrectly: Example: NM is spoken 'nanometer'. Reading Aviation material the NM is 'nautical mile' and VOR is not 'voor', it is V.O.R. There are more. I would like to modify TEXT to SPEECH speech file or dictionary relative to what...
  10. any good speech-to-text freeware?

any good speech-to-text freeware?: I use speech to text frequently with my iPhone because I don't do well with the virtual keyboard. and I like the autocorrect for thingls like dont and cant. I'm pretty good with my desktop REAL keyboard, but I just got a microphone after my upgrade to Windows 10 and Cortana....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. text to speech no sound windows 10

2. no sound windows narrator

3. windows 10 narrator no sound