Windows 10: No sound in Start Navigation of Windows Default?

Discus and support No sound in Start Navigation of Windows Default? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Why is there no sound in the Start Navigation feature in Windows Default sound scheme? Do I have to update Windows in order to get the sound? I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Muz, Jan 25, 2019.

1. MUZ
    Muz Win User

No sound in Start Navigation of Windows Default?

Why is there no sound in the Start Navigation feature in Windows Default sound scheme? Do I have to update Windows in order to get the sound? I can have it sound manually, but usually the default scheme of Start Navigation has a sound, right?

:)

2. windows 10 start and exit sounds

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

I understand your concern and will help you with the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the windows start up sound.

• Type sounds
      in the control panel.

• Click on sounds.

• Under program events ,under
      windows just click windows logon.

• Enable play start up sounds.

• From speech
      select the sound for windows logon.

• Click on apply.

• Click ok.
    Method 2

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the windows log off sound.

• Type sounds in the
      control panel.

• Click on sounds.

• Under program events ,under
      windows just click windows logoff.

• From speech select the sound for
      windows logoff.

• Click on apply.

• Click ok.
    If windows logon and logoff options are not available,then in that case you just need to

• Enable play start up sounds.to get the windows start up sound .And by default there will be single sound available for windows logon sound.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Jan 25, 2019
  3. Default sound issue and issue with touchpad

Hi Mona,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Do you connect the headphones while you start the computer? Do you refer to the Startup sound or any other sound?

• Have you made any changes to the computer software/hardware prior to the issue? (As you have told not able to enable or disable the touchpad)

• What is the type of touchpad configured in your computer? Is it
      Precision touchpad or Normal touchpad?
    Kindly follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Note: Try to disconnect the headphone while you start the computer and check if you are able to hear the startup sound from the speaker.

As you still face the issue even after changing the defaults to speakers, Restore the default settings for the speakers/headphones and check if it helps.

• Open the start menu, type Sound in the search bar and click on
      Sound from the search bar results.

• Select Playback tab and double click on
      Speakers/headphones.

• Select Advanced tab and click on
      Restore defaults
      button.

• Click on Apply and OK button.

• Restart the computer and check if it helps.
    Method 2:

Step 1:

Please follow the below steps to enable touchpad. (If you have the precision touchpad)

• Open the Start menu, type Settings in the search bar and click on Settings.

• Click on Devices, select
      Mouse and Touchpad
      on the left navigation pane under the Devices settings window.

• Change the settings to enable touchpad features under
      Touchpad.
    Step 2:

I suggest you to update the touchpad drivers. Refer to the following article and update all the drivers available in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update drivers in
    Windows 10

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jan 25, 2019
  4. Argel Obm Win User

Default Windows Sounds

Hi Richard,

Aside from a visual prompt, a sound can be heard if an error has occurred on the computer. This is one of the functions or features of Windows 10. If you want to disable the error sound, you can do so by following these steps:

• Access Control Panel.
    • Choose Sound.
    • On the Sound windows, click the Sounds tab.
    • Under Program Events, look for Default Beep.
    • Click Default Beep.
    • Click the Sounds drop-down menu, and then choose (None).
    • Click Apply, and then click OK.

If you still have any questions, feel free to reply to this thread

Argel Obm, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

1. No sound in Start Navigation of Windows Default? - Similar Threads - sound Start Navigation

2. I need help restoring the default navigation of File Explorer. The navigation change ever...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help restoring the default navigation of File Explorer. The navigation change ever...: Hello I need help with restoring the default navigation of my file explorer. The older view of the File Explorer suddenly changed after the update I made today 9/27/2023 8:50 PM GMT+8 Hours. It became hassle and very difficult to use unlike before. - The Ribbon File, Home,...
  3. I need help restoring the default navigation of File Explorer. The navigation change ever...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help restoring the default navigation of File Explorer. The navigation change ever...: Hello I need help with restoring the default navigation of my file explorer. The older view of the File Explorer suddenly changed after the update I made today 9/27/2023 8:50 PM GMT+8 Hours. It became hassle and very difficult to use unlike before. - The Ribbon File, Home,...
  4. How to set "This PC" in the navigation pane to default to collapsed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set "This PC" in the navigation pane to default to collapsed?: I'm really annoyed at This PC in the navigation pane starting out expanded showing drives and the same folders that are already in my quick access. So I'd like it to just start off completely collapsed, and preferably also keep it collapsed even as I move through the...
  5. How to set "This PC" in the navigation pane to default to collapsed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set "This PC" in the navigation pane to default to collapsed?: I'm really annoyed at This PC in the navigation pane starting out expanded showing drives and the same folders that are already in my quick access. So I'd like it to just start off completely collapsed, and preferably also keep it collapsed even as I move through the...
  6. Windows starting up default

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows starting up default: Hi there so I juat turned my laptop and it's starting up with the default windows background and all my documents aren't there. I have to manually og to c users then my profile to find my documents any help? submitted by /u/ReeceF11 [link] [comments]...
  7. Default sound output

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Default sound output: I have my computer connected to my TV via a HDMI cable. Is there any way I can get the sound to come out of the TV without manually changing the default "sound output" setting from the desktop to the T.V.? Initially when I connected the two the sound came out of the TV when I...
  8. No sound in Start Navigation of Windows Default?

in Windows 10 Customization
    No sound in Start Navigation of Windows Default?: Why is there no sound in the Start Navigation feature in Windows Default sound scheme? Do I have to update Windows in order to get the sound? I can have it sound manually, but usually the default scheme of Start Navigation has a sound, right? 125971
  9. Reset Navigation Pane Width Size to Default in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Navigation Pane Width Size to Default in Windows: How to: Reset Navigation Pane Width Size to Default in Windows How to Reset Navigation Pane Width Size to Default in Windows [img] Information You can use the navigation pane to browse locations such as Quick access, OneDrive, Libraries, This PC, Network, and...
  10. in Windows Explorer navigation pane, set default to collapse folders

in Windows 10 Support
    in Windows Explorer navigation pane, set default to collapse folders: it is really annoying to have to scroll way up in navigation pane to top (quick access items). I wish we could set some or all the items that are expanded to be collapsed when opening an explorer window. 26298