Windows 10: No sound in Windows 10 after update

Discus and support No sound in Windows 10 after update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The sound on my computer stopped working right after a Windows 10 update. I have tried checking cords, settings, uninstalling & reinstalling driver,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by virginiafromva, Sep 11, 2019.

1. No sound in Windows 10 after update

The sound on my computer stopped working right after a Windows 10 update. I have tried checking cords, settings, uninstalling & reinstalling driver, plugging cord into both slots on card. The computer says the Realtek sound card and driver are working fine. Can you help?

:)

virginiafromva, Sep 11, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Windows 10 sound problems.

Hi Roger,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Have you install all driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • In which browser are you facing this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to refer the Microsoft Article below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Do let us know if you are able to get Sound with all relevant programs. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Sep 11, 2019
  3. I got no sound microsoft or horrible sound

Hi Roger,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• What happens exactly when you try to play the sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 11, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

No sound in Windows 10 after update

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

No sound in Windows 10 after update

1. No sound in Windows 10 after update - Similar Threads - sound update

2. No Sound after latest Win10 update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Sound after latest Win10 update.: I recently installed the latest update for Win10. Since then no sound. Ran trouble shooting programs to no avail. Deleted and installed drivers for sound. What do I do next?...
  3. Brightness and sound key are not working since the last update!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness and sound key are not working since the last update!!!!!!: i have a DELL Inspiron 15 3000 Series and it had already the windows 10 since manufactured and it was working fine until the last update! Sound keys are F2 and F3 while my brightness keys are F11 and F12 and they are like useless keys now. I have checked the drivers for...
  4. Windows 1903, 5.1 sound does not work after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 1903, 5.1 sound does not work after update: Hi, I updated my Windows 10 (1809) to 1903 and my subwoofer no longer works. The configuration is the same on the realtek panel and the subwoofer seems to be connected. It simply works as stereo and 5.1 surround sound does not work. How can I solve this problem? Thank you....
  5. Windows 10 Pro 1903 - Movies & TV no longer plays surround sound after 1903 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Pro 1903 - Movies & TV no longer plays surround sound after 1903 update: Hi - Per the subject line, Movies & TV no longer plays surround sound after 1903 update. It would play various modes of surround prior to the update and other players still do. Is there a configuration option that I'm missing? Thanks, Mike...
  6. Monitor sound output not found since latest Windows update

Monitor sound output not found since latest Windows update: Hello, I have a Hanns G HT225HPB monitor connected to my computer over a DisplayPort cable. Previously, I could set the monitor's loudspeaker as audio output. Since latest Windows update (W10 Pro 1903 - 18362.418) this output doesn't appear any more in the list of audio...
  7. No sound after updating to 1903

No sound after updating to 1903: So I finally got 1903 update but after it was installed I had no sound (there was some notification which led to Windows to mess up my sound settings) and tried changing settings and place of speakers plug in soundcard but no avail. Sounds worked just fine in 1809 and...
  8. 1903 update lost sound

1903 update lost sound: After Win 10 uptade to 1903, I lost the sound of the PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/1903-update-lost-sound/4780b6ed-9e37-4cff-89cc-bd956bba0910
  9. Creative Audigy 2 ZS (WDM) has no sound after Win 10 Nov 2019 update

Creative Audigy 2 ZS (WDM) has no sound after Win 10 Nov 2019 update: Hello, A few hours ago I installed the Win 10 Nov 2019 update. My speakers no longer work. I have a Creative Audigy 2 ZS (WDM) sound card (I know its old). My USB Headset works fine. When I play music, the sound meter shows the speakers are 'receiving' sound but I...
  10. For weeks since last update, my sound is much quieter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    For weeks since last update, my sound is much quieter: Hello.. I searched every where for weeks but I need to ask directly now, what happened to my volume levels? It will show that I selected max volume, but only achieve 1/3 of it, like it is forcing the volume to be lower. The only thing that works is if I turn on OR off windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no audio after windows 10 update 2019

2. no sound after windows 10 update Aug 2019

3. sound not working after windows update 2019