Windows 10: No sound in Windows 10 Video Editor

Discus and support No sound in Windows 10 Video Editor in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The Video Editor app (Movie Maker) on Windows 10 is one of the simplest and most convenient video editors out there. This tool has been widely used for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 19, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

No sound in Windows 10 Video Editor

The Video Editor app (Movie Maker) on Windows 10 is one of the simplest and most convenient video editors out there. This tool has been widely used for anything, from baseline video edits to stitching together half-decent commercials. However, over the years there have been complaints from some users of the absence of sound from their running Video Editor app projects. If you, too, are one of those distressed users, this article is for you.

Today we will discuss some of the corrective measures you can take if there is no sound in a Video Editor project that you are working on.

1. Restart the Windows Audio service
    2. Turn off DTS Sound
    3. Convert the video file’s format
    4. Change Sound settings
    5. Run Movie Maker in Compatibility mode
    1] Restart the Windows Audio serviceNo sound in Windows 10 Video Editor [​IMG]

It is highly probable that this issue with your computer’s audio, like most of them, is linked with the Windows Audio service and if that really is the case, then restarting it shall do the trick for you. Here is how it’s done:

• Press the Windows key along with the ‘R’ button to open the Run command.
    • Type ‘services.msc’ in the box provided and press enter.
    • This will open a separate Services window. Here, locate Windows Audio, right-click on it and click on ‘stop’.
    • Again right-click on the same setting and select ‘start’.

There is an alternative approach to this, which is described below:

• Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open the Task Manager.
    • Click on Services and look for AudioSrv.
    • Right-click on it and select Restart.

Try playing the video on Movie Maker to see if it has regained the sound.

2] Turn off DTS sound

DTS is short for Digital Theatre System. As the name suggests, it’s a Windows utility that offers users multi-channel and stereo audio output. While this feature comes in handy on occasion, it may also be the cause behind the issue at hand. Thus, users can try turning the DTS sound feature off too, by following the steps below:

• Search for DTS Sound in the search pane on the Taskbar.
    • Turn off the DTS sound by clicking on the power button (on the left). A greyed-out window means that the DTS sound has successfully been turned off.
    • You can then check if the issue still persists with your audio in Movie Maker.
    3] Convert the video file’s format

The absence of sound from a Video Editor file can also be because of an incompatible file format.

In this case, it is best if you convert the video file into a format that works well with Movie Maker, .mov, .avi or .wmv for example. There are several applications and online tools that can help you do so.

Related: No sound when playing MKV video files in Movies & TV app.

4] Change Sound settings No sound in Windows 10 Video Editor [​IMG]

Disabling the Exclusive mode from your Computer’s Sound settings can also help put an end to this problem in Video Editor. In order to do so, you have to follow the steps below:

• Right-Click on the Sound icon that appears on your System Tray and further select Sounds.
    • This will open the Sound dialog box that can, alternatively, be opened via the Control Panel.
    • From the Playback section, select your Audio device which, if you don’t have an external audio device plugged into your computer, are the Speakers.
    • In the Advanced tab of your Speakers’ settings, you’ll find the Exclusive mode. De-select all the modifications under that name and apply these changes.

Check if the error has been dismissed or not.

5] Run Movie Maker in Compatibility modeNo sound in Windows 10 Video Editor [​IMG]

In case the software is found to have been disrupted, users can try running it in the Compatibility mode. A Compatibility mode is where a software emulates an older version of itself to make sure that the incompatible application can still run on the computer. In order to do this, you have to follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Video Editor shortcut and further select Properties.
    • From the options on the top of the Properties dialog box, click on Compatibility.
    • Enable ‘Run this program in Compatible mode for’ and then select a Windows version of your choice before clicking on Apply and selecting ‘Ok’ to implement the changes.

We hope that one of the aforementioned solutions was able to come to your rescue and help you get back your soundtrack in Video Editor app. In the unfortunate case where none of the procedures bear any fruit, we suggest you use a different video-editing platform, since there are several of them available for free, as both software and online tools.

No sound in Windows 10 Video Editor [​IMG]
    This article No sound in Windows 10 Video Editor first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 19, 2021
  2. 95Viper Win User

Good video editor for starters?

Windows Live Essentials 16.4.3528

DaVinci Resolve 14
    Revolutionary new tools for editing, color correction and professional audio post production for SD, HD and Ultra HD, all in a single application!
    Free (However, you have to register to get the download link)

Ezvid For Windows: The Easiest Screen Recorder And Video Editor
    Freeware
    • Fast & Easy Screen Recorder
    • Instant Facecam & Voice Synthesis
    • Awesome Video Editor
    • Fun To Use
    • Instant slideshow maker
    • Beautiful screen capture for games, desktop, & browser
    • Draw on your screen
    • Free included music
    • For Windows XP3, 7, 8, and 10
    • Easy to use video speed control

95Viper, May 19, 2021
  3. video editor

Hi,

With regard to your concern about video editor, we suggest that you use our Feedback Hub so that our Software Engineers and Software Developers will be able to check your feature requests. Go to
    App list > Feedback Hub.

Regards.

Dennis Zac, May 19, 2021
  4. No sound in Windows 10 Video Editor

video editor

i need a step by step or tutorial on how to use the video editor

Pamela Blackstone (Hightower Elementary School), May 19, 2021
Thema:

1. No sound in Windows 10 Video Editor - Similar Threads - sound Video Editor

2. Windows 10 Video Editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Video Editor: I am having issues with video editor graphics. It seems to be in the Windows 10 program itself. Is there an upgrade for Video Editor that fixes these issues?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-video-editor/87bf366e-650a-4d64-a1dc-140502d52475
  3. Sound problem on video editor Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound problem on video editor Windows 10: Hello, lately I have been editing videos lately and I have been annoyed with this error I have gotten while Im editing videos,At first glance I thought it was built-in anti-copyright, but I tried it with an OLDER song that i downloaded older song means older music that i...
  4. Sound problem on video editor Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound problem on video editor Windows 10: Hello, lately I have been editing videos lately and I have been annoyed with this error I have gotten while Im editing videos,At first glance I thought it was built-in anti-copyright, but I tried it with an OLDER song that i downloaded older song means older music that i...
  5. Sound problem on video editor Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Windows 10 Video Editor exports videos with garbled sound.

Windows 10 Video Editor exports videos with garbled sound.: when I edit mp4 clips in Windows 10 Video Editor, the exported clip has garbled sound like a fast talking cartoon chipmunk, ever though the source clips sound good. How can I keep this from happening?...
  7. Windows 10 Video Editor

Windows 10 Video Editor: I have two laptops and a PC. The PC and one laptop show the video editor app. I just got the second laptop and it doesn't have the video editor icon like the other two and I have tried going onto the Photos app to see if I can pull it up on there but it doesn't give me the...
  8. Video Editor Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Video Editor Windows 10: I have Windows 10 version 1809 installed however I cannot access Video Editor and unable to find it. Do I need to install it separately? How can I access it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-editor-windows-10/605bd2e6-3f97-4592-bba5-522a3673187a
  9. windows 10 video editor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 video editor: Im using Windows 10 video editor. The only problem is its Custom audio. I tried to add some audio of every video, the audio appears fine, but when I put it on the video editor, it can't finished to play the audio even though the duration of the photo is not finished. I tried...
  10. Windows 10 Video editor

Windows 10 Video editor: Does Microsoft have a office video editor for Windows 10 and were can I down load it from? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/windows-10-video-editor/4f11defc-fa16-40c2-9c64-343ab21adf5f