Windows 10: No sound in Windows 10

Discus and support No sound in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; As the title says,i have no sound in windows 10.I had sound for 2 days,but now is does show that I have no sound.I have installed Realtek Audio HD for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Cristi, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Cristi Win User

No sound in Windows 10

As the title says,i have no sound in windows 10.I had sound for 2 days,but now is does show that I have no sound.I have installed Realtek Audio HD for Windows 10 but didn't change anything.Please help.

:)

Cristi, Jul 30, 2015

2. No sound and No internet in windows 10

Hi Parth,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to visit the manufacturer website and download the updated drivers. Also install al the Windows updates available.

Perform clean boot and check if the error appears.

Clean boot will help us identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

To do this, follow steps from this link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After checking the functionality in clean boot, follow the suggestions under “How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting”.

If the error still occurs, run the Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool

Download Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool from Official Microsoft Download Center

If the issue still persists, try running check disk on the hard drive to see if there are any corruptions.

1. Type command prompt in the
    Search
    charms. Right click on it and click on Run as administrator.

2. Type chkdsk /f and hit enter.

Note: The root drive has to be C: and the command may schedule a task at the system startup, if it does, then press
    Y to schedule a task and restart the computer to perform chkdsk.

Check Disk Disclaimer: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive when chkdsk tries to repair that sector if any data available on
    that might be lost

Once Check Disk completes, boot the computer and then check if fixes the error.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jul 30, 2015
  3. PARTHKM Win User
    No sound and No internet in windows 10

Tried everything.. nothing did work..

tried clean boot.. nothing happened

tried .net framework repair tool.. it showing that Please try and reinstall the .NET framework - but i don't know how to reinstall the .NET Framework

tried chkdsk /f.. nothing happened

thank you for the reply..

PARTHKM, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Borg 386 Win User

No sound in Windows 10

What do you mean by shows it does not have sound? Is there a red X over the speaker icon? If so, this may mean it got muted by accident.

It could be a driver problem, however, lets start with the basics.

Hold your mouse over the volume icon & check to make sure it's not set to 0. L click the speaker icon & see what the volume is set to. You can also R Click the speaker, open the volume mixer & then the volume control options & make sure everything is set correctly.

Check your cords & if possible, plug in another set of speakers to set if those work.

Borg 386, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

No sound in Windows 10

1. No sound in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - sound

2. Video Export Sound Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Video Export Sound Issues: I've been trying to export a video from windows 10 video editor into my video files but every time the video finishes exporting there is no sound. Not in the speakers or headphones. The sound plays in video editor but not once it's been exported. It's happened 3 times in row...
  3. Google meet link not working- No sound and no presentation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google meet link not working- No sound and no presentation: I bought a new hp laptop with windows 10.There is a problem that google meet link is not working properly that no voice and presentation is not coming but my speakers have no fault .I want to sort it out so that i can use my laptop. * Moved from IE other/Windows other *...
  4. i cant get the output sound to work after connecting an external mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i cant get the output sound to work after connecting an external mic: i cant get the output sound to work after connecting an external mic. All the drivers seem to be up to date https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-get-the-output-sound-to-work-after/6a72ac95-875e-4611-8873-52eda1853aa7
  5. Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound: My computer is a laptop with up to date drivers just recently it started refusing to recognize that my onboard speakers existed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound/f9069c05-07a2-43e3-90a5-0d44c9e958b0
  6. How to log when Windows makes a specific sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to log when Windows makes a specific sound: Hey everyone, We are looking for a way to log whenever Windows makes a specific sound. Here is our situation: We have a VIRAlert 2 thermal camera plugged in to our Windows desktop. This camera looks for high temperature readings and sends the data back to a program on the...
  7. everyone can hear my pc sound when I use the mic

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    everyone can hear my pc sound when I use the mic: Every time I chat with somebody through my mic they can hear all of my pc sounds and that is not because the sound is too loud. I plugged in an old mic that doesn't work anymore and my chat partner can still hear my pc sound. how can I solve this? submitted by...
  8. My speaker makes a echoey sound

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My speaker makes a echoey sound: for example when I am typing it echos and I hear it coming out of the speaker please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-speaker-makes-a-echoey-sound/0ccc731a-50a2-4203-9218-989879a180b6
  9. How to use PowerShell to modify sound volume?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to use PowerShell to modify sound volume?: Hi, everyone I hope to use PowerShell command code to modify speaker sound volume to maximum. Do anyone know the command code? Thanks a lot. Note: I hope to use PowerShell to modify SndVol.exe to max sound volume such as the picture as attached. [img] 167181
  10. Sound Devices Not Found

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound Devices Not Found: I've just purchased a small USB powered soundbar for my office PC, mainly to alert me when I have emails dropping in. My PC is a Dell Optiplex 790 running Windows 10 v 20h2. The speaker icon has a red circle/white cross symbol on it. If I left click on this the sound...