Windows 10: No sound in Youtube, Merriam Webster, movie channels and other websites that need sound...

Discus and support No sound in Youtube, Merriam Webster, movie channels and other websites that need sound... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello to every techie people here. Hope anyone can help me please. When I was listening to the music in Youtube there is no sound. I have checked the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JamJamero, Jan 18, 2022.

1. JamJamero Win User

No sound in Youtube, Merriam Webster, movie channels and other websites that need sound...

Hello to every techie people here. Hope anyone can help me please. When I was listening to the music in Youtube there is no sound. I have checked the sound in YT and it's turned on. I have checked other websites that need sound like Merriam Webster, movie channels still there is no sound. I checked the sound system on my laptop and it's working when I play some music from my music folder. When I plugged my headset that's where I can hear the sound in YouTube and in other websites. But when I unplugged the headset no more sound. : What seems to be the problem? When I initially bought this lapt

:)

JamJamero, Jan 18, 2022

2. The Merriam-Webster Dictonary buy at the Microsoft Store.

You can buy the Merriam-Webster dictionary for about $5.00 from the Microsoft Store. And, while it can be downloaded to your computer, in due course it will start to fail to give you the definition of the word/words selected. Does Microsoft Store tell a
    buyer what devices it will work on?

RobertBrink, Jan 18, 2022
  3. No surround sound on purchased movies

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I understand your concern and will help you with the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to answer the following question:

• What is the make and model of the computer ?

• What is the make and model of the sound card?

• Does the issue occur with the movies downloaded from Movies and TV app?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below:

Method 1

I Suggest you to check the quality of videos downloaded from the app, if the issue occurs only with the movies downloaded from Movies and TV app. If the issue doesn't occur in other videos saved on the computer and persists even after download
    the HD movies from the app then I suggest you to run the app troubleshooter and check.

To do so, please follow the below link and check if that helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method 2

If the issue occurring with both the movies from the app and the videos saved on the computer then I suggest you to go to sound settings and select speaker type as 5.1.

To do so, please follow the steps below:

• 1. Press Windows key + X and select control panel.
    • 2. Click on Hardware and Sound, and then clicking Sound.
    • 3. Click the Playback tab, select Speakers, and then click
      Configure.
    • 4. Under Audio Channels, select which speakers are present in your
      speaker configuration, and then click Test. You should hear a
      tone play in each speaker. Click Next, and then follow the directions to continue the configuration process.
    • 5. Select 5.1 surround in the option and click on
      OK
    Note: Your sound card determines which options you see during the speaker configuration process. For example, if you're using a mobile PC with internal speakers, you might only see Stereo in the Audio Channels section.

If issue persists,

Method 3

Update the Sound card driver and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to update the Sound card drivers.

a. Press Windows Key + X and then click Device Manger.

b. Search for Sound, Video and Game Controllers and expand it.

c. Right click on the soundcard driver and select
    update driver software

Please get back to us with the updated status. WE will be happy to assist you further.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Jan 18, 2022
  4. fireberd Win User

No sound in Youtube, Merriam Webster, movie channels and other websites that need sound...

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Jan 18, 2022
Thema:

1. No sound in Youtube, Merriam Webster, movie channels and other websites that need sound... - Similar Threads - sound Youtube Merriam

2. No sound in Youtube, Merriam Webster, movie channels and other websites that need sound...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound in Youtube, Merriam Webster, movie channels and other websites that need sound...: Hello to every techie people here. Hope anyone can help me please. When I was listening to the music in Youtube there is no sound. I have checked the sound in YT and it's turned on. I have checked other websites that need sound like Merriam Webster, movie channels still there...
  3. sound on youtube videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sound on youtube videos: I can not increase the volume on down loaded you tube videos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-on-youtube-videos/796ece82-bfc5-4e30-89c4-f72ab268cc00
  4. Home movie sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Home movie sound: Since upgrading from windows 7 to 10, my saved iphone movies audio drags behind the movie. So slow the sound is not discernible. The files open with MOV. Opening in media player doe not help. That's what I used to open them with in 7. What must I do to sink the audio to the...
  5. Sound doesn't work for YouTube and other videos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound doesn't work for YouTube and other videos: Since the update a few months ago, my sound does not work for YouTube and some other videos. It works for anything on my computer. Settings all show not muted. Sound meter shows volume is turned up. Sound drivers have been updated. Troubleshooter not detecting problem....
  6. Downloading Youtube Movies - No Sound on Surface

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloading Youtube Movies - No Sound on Surface: I want to download some free movies to watch on my tablet when I fly abroad next month. But they download and wont play with sound. But they do on my pc. My tablet is an MS Surface in Win 10 but something is obviously missing? Any ideas my friends??? 148004
  7. The Merriam-Webster Dictonary buy at the Microsoft Store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    The Merriam-Webster Dictonary buy at the Microsoft Store.: You can buy the Merriam-Webster dictionary for about $5.00 from the Microsoft Store. And, while it can be downloaded to your computer, in due course it will start to fail to give you the definition of the word/words selected. Does Microsoft Store tell a buyer what devices it...
  8. Sound on youtub

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sound on youtub: I have a problem with Youtube sound since it is really too quiet. When I turn on the audio file, it starts to sound normally in the beginning and then is getting quieter. I have to go to Realtek settings to make just one song sounds louder. And I have to repeat these steps...
  9. No Sound & Youtube Lags w/ No Sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Sound & Youtube Lags w/ No Sound: This morning everything was fine then after a while I lost all audio and got muted laggy playback on YouTube. I'm using Windows 10 Home 10.0.17134. My speaker is an Amazon Basics BSK20 Bluetooth unit. I was playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider when the sound cut out. The volume...
  10. No sound from Youtube or Vimeo but sound ok in some other sites -

in Browsers and Email
    No sound from Youtube or Vimeo but sound ok in some other sites -: Need some help please. We installed Windows 10 a couple of months ago and everything was working fine. Suddenly, we noticed that no sound is coming from some videos we're watching. Mainly sites like YouTube, Facebook. We thought of refreshing Windows 10 setup but aren't sure...