Windows 10: No Sound Input

Discus and support No Sound Input in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I recently updated my laptop to the newest version of windows 10. Since then my sound has not worked. My laptop has built in speakers which until... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Alex Hatch, Jul 16, 2022.

1. No Sound Input

Hello,I recently updated my laptop to the newest version of windows 10. Since then my sound has not worked. My laptop has built in speakers which until recently worked fine.It tells me there are no speaks or headphones plugged in. I have tried uninstalling drives, updating drives and hardware, all with restarts in-between. It also does not recognise when I plug in ear phones. Clicking on the sound takes me to the trouble-shooter which tells me my speakers are not plugged in.How do I fix this?

:)

Alex Hatch, Jul 16, 2022
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue No Sound Input :p

cadaveca, Jul 16, 2022
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Jul 16, 2022
  4. Julsie Win User

No Sound Input

Recording Inputs

Thank you,

I appreciate the response, but it does not help me.

I need to be able to "disable" quite a few recording inputs from my list of recording inputs. The process you described has not been of any benefit to me because it is not really what I need. However, I really appreciate the response, but it has nothing to
    do with my drivers. I can disable all the necessary inputs quite easily, but they are all enabled when I reboot!

Regards,

Jules

Julsie, Jul 16, 2022
Thema:

No Sound Input

1. No Sound Input - Similar Threads - Sound Input

2. About a week ago, the sound stopped working on my computer. no input or output audio is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About a week ago, the sound stopped working on my computer. no input or output audio is...: I've only ever used the default audio output from my ASUS VG27AQ Tuf monitor. Additional computer details:- CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-core- GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT- Windows 10 version 22H2 OS Build 19045.4529So far I've tried:- windows troubleshooting device. The...
  3. About a week ago, the sound stopped working on my computer. no input or output audio is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About a week ago, the sound stopped working on my computer. no input or output audio is...: I've only ever used the default audio output from my ASUS VG27AQ Tuf monitor. Additional computer details:- CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-core- GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT- Windows 10 version 22H2 OS Build 19045.4529So far I've tried:- windows troubleshooting device. The...
  4. About a week ago, the sound stopped working on my computer. no input or output audio is...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. No sound input or output devices

No sound input or output devices: Since updating WIndows I no longer have any sound input or output devices listed under device manager - sound video games controllers. Intel smart sound technology oed had yellow warning triangle. What can I do to get the sound working on my laptop....
  6. No sound input or output devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound input or output devices: Since updating WIndows I no longer have any sound input or output devices listed under device manager - sound video games controllers. Intel smart sound technology oed had yellow warning triangle. What can I do to get the sound working on my laptop....
  7. Microphone will not connect to laptop as an input sound

Microphone will not connect to laptop as an input sound: Well first of, all I bought a mic and later tried to connect it to my envy hp laptop, but it kept failing as it appeared as a speaker, I don't know what to do so I would like some help....
  8. Microphone will not connect to laptop as an input sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone will not connect to laptop as an input sound: Well first of, all I bought a mic and later tried to connect it to my envy hp laptop, but it kept failing as it appeared as a speaker, I don't know what to do so I would like some help....
  9. My Audio system Realtek quit working, there*s input only, but no output! no sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Audio system Realtek quit working, there*s input only, but no output! no sound: My Audio system, realteK, quit working, there*s input only, but no out-put. All plug-ins are lit, but I*m missing a plug-in for the out-put....
  10. My Audio system Realtek quit working, there*s input only, but no output! no sound

My Audio system Realtek quit working, there*s input only, but no output! no sound: My Audio system, realteK, quit working, there*s input only, but no out-put. All plug-ins are lit, but I*m missing a plug-in for the out-put....