Windows 10: "No Sound" - issue after Windows 10 Reinstall & updates

Discus and support "No Sound" - issue after Windows 10 Reinstall & updates in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had problem of Windows Explorer hanging - if I click on a file or tried copying or deleting it. So, with Lenovo support teams' instructions, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NamakkalSrinivasan, Dec 21, 2019.

1. "No Sound" - issue after Windows 10 Reinstall & updates

I had problem of Windows Explorer hanging - if I click on a file or tried copying or deleting it. So, with Lenovo support teams' instructions, I reinstalled WINDOWS 10 1903. Then it asked for updates and about seven updates were installed Two of them normal updates and five of them Security updates.

After this No sound from my Laptop, when trying to play any audio file. Also "Groove Music" Player gave an Error saying "unable to play as unsupported format".

So, I uninstalled the TWO Non-Security updates by myself and then restarted.

NOW MY LAPTOP SOUND has come back and I am able to play Audio files.

:)

NamakkalSrinivasan, Dec 21, 2019
  2. MrGenius Win User

[Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! "No Sound" - issue after Windows 10 Reinstall & updates :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Dec 21, 2019
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Dec 21, 2019
  4. "No Sound" - issue after Windows 10 Reinstall & updates

Sound issue swith Windows 10

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing sound issue with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    and check.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the below Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Dec 21, 2019
Thema:

"No Sound" - issue after Windows 10 Reinstall & updates

1. "No Sound" - issue after Windows 10 Reinstall & updates - Similar Threads - Sound issue Reinstall

2. Windows 10 Update Issue After Reinstalling Windows Security

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update Issue After Reinstalling Windows Security: I hope this message finds you well.Could you please assist me with an issue I am experiencing on my Windows 10 PC? Last March, I accidentally deleted Windows Security from my system. Although I promptly reinstalled it, I have not been able to receive any Windows updates since...
  3. Sound problems after Windows 10 reinstallation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound problems after Windows 10 reinstallation.: I have been having sound problems after reinstalling Windows 10 on my desktop. Its a kind of vibration or electric buzz that occurs with some regularity when I stream a video, when I play a dvd, or an audiobook cd. I use add-in speakers but they work fine with my phone so...
  4. Sound problems after Windows 10 reinstallation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound problems after Windows 10 reinstallation.: I have been having sound problems after reinstalling Windows 10 on my desktop. Its a kind of vibration or electric buzz that occurs with some regularity when I stream a video, when I play a dvd, or an audiobook cd. I use add-in speakers but they work fine with my phone so...
  5. Sound problems after Windows 10 reinstallation.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Sound Issues After Windows Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound Issues After Windows Update: I just had a bunch of updates install last night to "enhance" my Windows experience (there were no driver updates or specific names given to this update). However, the sound on my Dell with Realtek audio is now all messed up. Playing music sounds much more muffled (like the...
  7. Issue with sound driver even after reinstalling Windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue with sound driver even after reinstalling Windows: Hello everybody. For the last couple of months I have a issue with my sound driver. After turning on my pc when I plug in my headphones my pc doesn't register them and it keeps playing the sound trough the speakers. I have to go into drive manager and manually reinstall...
  8. No Sound after a Windows Reinstallation

No Sound after a Windows Reinstallation: After I reinstalled Windows, No noise was coming out of my PC. Can someone please tell me why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-after-a-windows-reinstallation/c21156f4-df77-4fb1-b6a6-abf29cb55ef4
  9. No sound after reinstalling windows 10.

No sound after reinstalling windows 10.: Device manager tells me I have two drivers : IDT High Definition Audio CODEC and High Definition Audio Device. Trying for an update to the IDT driver (on line) I am told that there is a problem and that no sound card can be detected. Updating the High Definition Audio...
  10. Sound issue After Windows 10 Update 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sound issue After Windows 10 Update 1809: After the Windows update I had no audio. I can get the audio to work by running the audio troubleshooter and then rebooting. However, I have to do this each time I start up the computer. How do I get the Troubleshooter "fix" to be permanent?...