Windows 10: No sound, No Control Panel

Discus and support No sound, No Control Panel in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Installed Win10 and have the following problems. 1) I have no sound; Sound icon on task bars says "No audio Output Device Installed." When I run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yukibar, Aug 1, 2015.

1. yukibar Win User

No sound, No Control Panel

Installed Win10 and have the following problems.

1) I have no sound; Sound icon on task bars says "No audio Output Device Installed." When I run troubleshooter, it says Troubleshooting couldn't detect the problem.

2) Control Panel: When I click on control panel it opens, however, it shuts down in 15 seconds.

I'm not a techno person. Dummy me didn't back up before I installed and now I can kick myself.
    Can someone help in terms that I can understand....please​?

:)

yukibar, Aug 1, 2015
  2. ...No... Win User

Shift Lock On Windows 10

Hello,how do I enable shift lock on Windows 10? Somebody help!!!

...No..., Aug 1, 2015
  3. duckynash Win User
    No start icon and no access to control panel adjustments

I have a similar problem. I had the Start window for a couple of days, but now it will not open. When I press the window key I get the spinning wait icon for a few seconds but nothing else will display. My pop-up toolbar still shows the Window
    icon but it too is not working. Can you tell me how to fix this problem?

duckynash, Aug 1, 2015
  4. brummyfan Win User

Right click start button( extreme left in taskbar), select Command Prompt(Admin)
    Type sfc /scannow and press enter( note the gap between c and /)
    or follow the instructions in this tutorial (Option three).
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

EDIT: If you have any 3rd party AV programs installed, uninstall it temporarily.

brummyfan, Aug 1, 2015
  5. yukibar Win User
    I did that scan - "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations"

yukibar, Aug 1, 2015
  6. YOU
    You Win User
    That means that it didn't find any broken system files. Do have a custom built computer or is it from Dell or something?

7. yukibar Win User
    No, it's just an HP Envy m4 - about 5 years old - was off the shelf. And thanks so much for your help, I really appreciate it. I spoke to Staples and they said it would cost about $130 to fix it. Sheesh!

yukibar, Aug 2, 2015
  8. brummyfan Win User

You can go back to your previous OS, use Media Creation Tool (Tutorial link below), make a bootable DVD and install it with your Product Key.
    http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...ad-create.html

brummyfan, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. No sound, No Control Panel - Similar Threads - sound Control Panel

2. Realtek Audio Control Panel, IS NOT EMULATED IN Control Panel/Hardware & Sounds/ Sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio Control Panel, IS NOT EMULATED IN Control Panel/Hardware & Sounds/ Sounds: I am not sure what the game play is between Microsoft, Realtek, and the motherboard manufactures, but I've gotten tired of it. This has been going on for years now and needs to be addressed. To the point that this issue has been reported to the Consumer Affairs Division,...
  3. Realtek Audio Control Panel, IS NOT EMULATED IN Control Panel/Hardware & Sounds/ Sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek Audio Control Panel, IS NOT EMULATED IN Control Panel/Hardware & Sounds/ Sounds: I am not sure what the game play is between Microsoft, Realtek, and the motherboard manufactures, but I've gotten tired of it. This has been going on for years now and needs to be addressed. To the point that this issue has been reported to the Consumer Affairs Division,...
  4. Sound control panel not opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound control panel not opening: So I just noticed that the sound control panel is not opening, I tried right clicking the volume icon on the taskbar, and click sounds. I also tried opening it from the sound settings. Anything I can do?...
  5. Sound Control Panel Bug

Sound Control Panel Bug: I recently purchased an M-Audio M-Track Solo audio interface along with a new microphone. In the user manual, it says that in order to use the interface properly, I need to change the bit rate to 24 bit. Unfortunately, there seems to be a bug with windows that prevents me...
  6. Control Panel Sounds: not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Control Panel Sounds: not working: Hope the screenshot is clear: [img] In fact the window seems unfamiliar; shouldn't it have check boxes showing which actions have been set? If it's relevant this is Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.418) - - - Updated - - - OK, sorted thanks. I found a suggestion to update...
  7. Control Panel Sounds: not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Control Panel Sounds: not working: Hope the screenshot is clear: [img] In fact the window seems unfamiliar; shouldn't it have check boxes showing which actions have been set? If it's relevant this is Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.418) - - - Updated - - - OK, sorted thanks. I found a suggestion to update...
  8. Sound Control Panel

Sound Control Panel: Ever since the new windows updates, Sound Control Panel , also known in the bottom right (from sounds - speaker) as Playback Devices / Recording Devices, this tab has been taken out and we were given some option not many care about (even if they do, a lot of people never...
  9. Control Panel Sounds

Control Panel Sounds: Device Disconnect makes a sound while computer is in sleep mode. How do I turn it off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/control-panel-sounds/4c65c3d3-48e9-43c9-8531-bb29344b98a1
  10. Sound Control Panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Control Panel: Hi.Running a Windows 10 computer.Running headless using Remote Desktop.Only use the computer as a music server.Have a dac connected to computer.In sound panel under playback it's only option is Remote Audio.Dac and other options are not there.Right click to show disabled and...