Windows 10: No Sound No Output device

Discus and support No Sound No Output device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Running 19042.746 on a ASUS 2n1 computer. I believe this started 1 or 2 updates ago. I have no sound from the speakers or earphones with "the hardware... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by meebers, Jan 28, 2021.

1. meebers Win User

No Sound No Output device

Running 19042.746 on a ASUS 2n1 computer. I believe this started 1 or 2 updates ago. I have no sound from the speakers or earphones with "the hardware device is not connected to the computer Code45" and "No output devices found" no pull down for choice. Device manager does not show a sound category unless I show hidden devices. Speaker icon in task tray shows a red "X". SFC /Scannow found some errors, ran 2x, no more errors. problem still exists.
    Appreciate any suggestions.

:)

meebers, Jan 28, 2021
  2. ShogoXT Win User

Vista sound output to two devices

Ive tried to search this up, but so far I haven't found good results.

I have a Sound Blaster X-fi PCI-E and the Radeon 4890 HDMI audio for outputs.
    I have them both working separately on the audio devices list on Vista Home Premium.
    I FINALLY got screen cloning to work in games, but audio will only output to one or the other.
    This depends on what I have set to default.

Is there anyway to get Vista to output all audio to BOTH devices?

Thanks in advance.

ShogoXT, Jan 28, 2021
  3. No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jan 28, 2021
  4. No Sound No Output device

Windows 10 audio stutters regardless of driver or output used, more noticeable on the toslink and surround sound.

• What device are you using? A laptop or a computer?
    • Its a desktop, i listed the components in the original post.
    • Do you have an external speaker?From which device does the sound come out from? From the TV or from the device?
    • I listed the outputs in the original post. The issue exists on all outputs and exists on the tv speakers, surround sound speakers, and headset.
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • I have listed the troubleshooting steps that i can remember in the original post.

robert.r.hood, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

No Sound No Output device

1. No Sound No Output device - Similar Threads - Sound Output device

2. The sound bar is not on.... "No output device"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The sound bar is not on.... "No output device": I tried everything that has to do with updating sound drivers and uninstalling and installing them as well..I was thinking if I do a Windows reset would that might do the job?...
  3. The sound bar is not on.... "No output device"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The sound bar is not on.... "No output device": I tried everything that has to do with updating sound drivers and uninstalling and installing them as well..I was thinking if I do a Windows reset would that might do the job?...
  4. rollback to previous sound output device.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    rollback to previous sound output device.: I accidentally changed an speaker output device and MS has changed the device names the former advice on my problem does not locate what I think I need help with....
  5. Sound -- No Output Devices Found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound -- No Output Devices Found: Inspite of my sound/video card being shown in Device Manager, I get a No Output Devices Found error in System Settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-no-output-devices-found/a6981e4d-8a3b-43de-849f-40b94aba990e
  6. Sound -- No Output Devices Found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound -- No Output Devices Found: Inspite of my sound/video card being shown in Device Manager, I get a No Output Devices Found error in System Settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-no-output-devices-found/a6981e4d-8a3b-43de-849f-40b94aba990e
  7. Sound -- No Output Devices Found

8. Sound output device disappering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound output device disappering: Hi, ever since I updated to Windows 11, my monitor keep disappearing from the audio output device list my primary speakers are connected to this monitor, which is connected to my PC via display port on my graphics card.This happens almost always when I switch from the...
  9. Sound output device disappering

Sound output device disappering: Hi, ever since I updated to Windows 11, my monitor keep disappearing from the audio output device list my primary speakers are connected to this monitor, which is connected to my PC via display port on my graphics card.This happens almost always when I switch from the...
  10. Sound output from 2 devices.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound output from 2 devices.: Hi, I was wondering is there a way to output sound from 2 devices at the same time (my TV connected by HDMI and my speakers connected by aux) to get better sound. Thanks in advance. submitted by /u/theubusu [link] [comments]...