Windows 10: No sound (no speakers, headphones, detected)

Discus and support No sound (no speakers, headphones, detected) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey there! All of the sudden my Yoga 920 running Windows 10 is not detecting any speakers/headphones and won't put out any sound. I've looked into it a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mark R Sandri, Dec 1, 2018.

1. No sound (no speakers, headphones, detected)

Hey there! All of the sudden my Yoga 920 running Windows 10 is not detecting any speakers/headphones and won't put out any sound. I've looked into it a bit and it looks as though there isn't a sound card installed. I've tried to run the sound troubleshooter and it just runs and runs. I didn't make any changes to my computer this week. This problem appeared out of the blue. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

:)

Mark R Sandri, Dec 1, 2018

2. No sound from headphones but speakers work.

No Its Just A Speaker

glockafella, Dec 1, 2018
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    No Speakers or Headphones detected

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a corrupted Audio driver or defective audio port.

To better understand this concern please answer the following questions:

• Are you still able to play music using a built-in speakers?
    • Have you tried using other headphones or external speakers?

We also suggest that you run audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio then follow the instructions.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to post back.

Ryan Fra, Dec 1, 2018
  4. kamalaggi Win User

No sound (no speakers, headphones, detected)

No sound from speakers/headphones

Hi,

I have the Dell XPS 8300 with the onboard Realtek HD Audio.

I can't get any sound from speakers/headphones using any of the ports at the back and the front audio jack.

The speakers are fine as I have tested them on my mobile.

I have the latest drivers installed. Sound is working fine though HDMI on my TV but i'm guessing that's using my graphics card.

I have headphones/speaker selected in sound manager. Also realtek sound manager is detecting that my speakers are connected to the audio jacks at the back and front but still no sound.

In sound manager I can see the green bar moving up/down for Speakers/Headphones.

Could the sound chip on motherboard be fried?

Thanks for you help.

kamalaggi, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

No sound (no speakers, headphones, detected)

1. No sound (no speakers, headphones, detected) - Similar Threads - sound speakers headphones

2. Headphones detected, but no sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones detected, but no sound: I was trying to boost the sound by clicking the Loudness Equalization and other configurations, but it caused my headphones to now have no sound. I tried setting back to the original settings, but that still didn't work. I've tried uninstalling and then turning the computer...
  3. Headphones detecting as speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones detecting as speakers: need help searched the internet for solutions non of them worked so far https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphones-detecting-as-speakers/f6ec7b99-aaf6-4a97-868c-085fd31e8b45
  4. Headphones detected but no sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones detected but no sound: My headphones were working bine on my laptop, but suddenly they didn't work recently. I tried all the methods I could find on the internet but I have not been able to solve it yet. Headphones work on other devices it just doesn't work on my laptop, the device is set to...
  5. Headphones detected but no sound

Headphones detected but no sound: My pc shows the volume levels as if there should be sound but I can’t hear anything through my headphones. I know it’s not the headphones’ fault as they work on every other device. I have looked through multiple discussions and followed many steps, I have updated, uninstalled...
  6. Speakers not detected, no sound

Speakers not detected, no sound: I recently noticed that I cannot use speakers as they are not detected in Sound or Realtek HD Audio Manager when I plug them into any of the back panel outputs. My headphones work fine, both front panel and back. Speakers work when plugged into the headphones out socket. I...
  7. Sound Headphones - Speaker

Sound Headphones - Speaker: So i have speaker and headphones. When i plugg in just one of them, in sounds at playback it appears like "speaker", if i plugg in both of devices, the same appears in sounds at playback. I don't know how to make 2 "things" in sound settings. 1 for speaker and 1 for...
  8. No speakers or headphones detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No speakers or headphones detected: Getting the error "dxd audio failed to initialize", I want to prevent this message closing the program or some way to bypass it. Running troubleshoot says there may be problem with audio device and sfc gives no error. Using desktop without sound card, heaphones or speakers...
  9. Headphones detected as Speakers

Headphones detected as Speakers: Hi, I brought SteelSeries Arctis 3 (no usb) headphones. I plugged them in the front jack, as my logitech speakers are plugged in the rear jack. The Via audio driver windows 10 provides, detects my headphones as my speakers, so even if both are plugged, only my headphones...
  10. Headphones not detected and sound continues to play through speakers

Headphones not detected and sound continues to play through speakers: After doing a complete reset and re installation of windows on my laptop the laptop no longer detects headphones. With headphones plugged into the headphone jack the sound still plays through the speakers. When I look in playback devices while the headphones are connected...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows shows no headphones and no speakers detected

2. headset detected as speakers no sound