Windows 10: No sound on certain browser pages

Discus and support No sound on certain browser pages in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi. I'm currently using Windows Edge as browser, opening various tabs: Messenger, Whatsapp Web, Youtube, Facebook, etc. The issue is the audio in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TengWai1, Mar 1, 2020.

1. TengWai1 Win User

No sound on certain browser pages

Hi.

I'm currently using Windows Edge as browser, opening various tabs: Messenger, Whatsapp Web, Youtube, Facebook, etc.

The issue is the audio in Facebook and Youtube plays properly but there is no sound when the audio is played on Whatsapp and Messenger's chat:

Whatsapp Web:

No sound on certain browser pages 645fd620-9244-4d05-b6c8-8bacce98d9dd?upload=true.jpg

Messenger:

No sound on certain browser pages b32f39bc-2f24-42a8-9fa6-b10b63d5ecea?upload=true.jpg

Update: I tried other computer but the other computer seems fine. How to reconfigure the setting to troubleshoot this issue?

Hope for prompt solution. Thanks!

:)

TengWai1, Mar 1, 2020

2. Certain pages don't load on The Edge browser

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with certain pages don’t load on the Edge browser on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Vardhaman S” replied on August 27, 2015 in the following Microsoft Community links and check if that helps.

solved

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant

Jayant Gupta, Mar 1, 2020
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue No sound on certain browser pages :p

cadaveca, Mar 1, 2020
  4. No sound on certain browser pages

Turned Cortana On and Lost Sound in Certain Programs

Downloaded sound driver. Went through steps as indicated. No Change. Sound works on certain sites on Edge browser. All sites on Google Chrome browser. But does not work on most of Edge, Spotify App, iTunes App, Steam App, or Wild Tangent App. Did
    work prior to turning Cortana initially on.

WilliamJones2112, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

No sound on certain browser pages

1. No sound on certain browser pages - Similar Threads - sound certain browser

2. No sound on a certain game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound on a certain game: No sound is playing from a certain game. I have checked the audio settings and the sound is on. The weird part is, I get sounds from the same game if I run it from another windows user account. I've tried reinstalling the game multiple times and cleared all files.I've got no...
  3. No sound on a certain game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound on a certain game: No sound is playing from a certain game. I have checked the audio settings and the sound is on. The weird part is, I get sounds from the same game if I run it from another windows user account. I've tried reinstalling the game multiple times and cleared all files.I've got no...
  4. Help: Can't load certain sites from certain browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help: Can't load certain sites from certain browsers: I wasn't sure where to ask this question. I'm on windows 10, and I'm having trouble with loading websites. I can play multiplayer games just fine, no lag or anything. I can download things from steam at around 25 mb/s. I have 3 browsers, firefox, edge, and chrome. From...
  5. Help: Can't load certain sites from certain browsers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help: Can't load certain sites from certain browsers: I wasn't sure where to ask this question. I'm on windows 10, and I'm having trouble with loading websites. I can play multiplayer games just fine, no lag or anything. I can download things from steam at around 25 mb/s. I have 3 browsers, firefox, edge, and chrome. From...
  6. Help: Can't load certain sites from certain browsers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Page not loading in browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Page not loading in browser: I can log into my financial institution. When I go to view a statement, the page starts a spinning circle but will not load. When I go to log out of my account I get the below message:Bad RequestYour browser sent a request that this server could not understand.Reference...
  8. Browsers not working on certain profile

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Browsers not working on certain profile: Hello, as of recent all of my browsers have stopped working other than Microsoft Edge. I've scanned for malware, reinstalled everything, and it's still ongoing. When I switch to another account on my PC however, all of the browsers work for that account. Any ideas on what...
  9. No Sound in certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Sound in certain games: Hi, recently I got a problem with my sound systems in few games like Forza Horizon 3 and Rocket league which there is no audio (not all my games though) and it only happens in video games I mean I can play songs watch videos everything and works like a charm. I have tried:...
  10. Edge will not open certain pages

in Browsers and Email
    Edge will not open certain pages: Hi! First post here, so I apologize in advance if I break any major forum etiquette, but I am having a very certain issue with edge. It will not open any page related to Google in any way. I can't open Google Plus, the search engine, or even Google Drive. I've looked into...