Windows 10: no sound on computer/can't update windows

Discus and support no sound on computer/can't update windows in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dell computer, tried everything but nothing works. Everything is set correctly but still no sound. During troubleshooting tested sound and worked but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bonnedomer, Mar 7, 2019.

1. no sound on computer/can't update windows

Dell computer, tried everything but nothing works. Everything is set correctly but still no sound. During troubleshooting tested sound and worked but still no sound on computer. Very weird. Might have something to do with unable to update windows 10. tried updated and went 2 hours downloading and installing updates but always stalls out and does not finish. So frustrating! So I quess this is a compound problem. Thanks for any help.

:)

bonnedomer, Mar 7, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue no sound on computer/can't update windows :p

cadaveca, Mar 7, 2019
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Mar 7, 2019
  4. no sound on computer/can't update windows

windows 10 sound schmes not working

Since you have already updated the sound drivers on your computer, we suggest that you run the sound troubleshooter. Kindly follow the steps below on how to do it:

• Right-click on the speaker icon on the bottom right corner of the computer and select
      Troubleshoot sound problems.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Robelene Win, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

no sound on computer/can't update windows

1. no sound on computer/can't update windows - Similar Threads - sound computer can't

2. No sound on computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound on computer: There's no sound coming from my laptop and I don't know why. Sound works fine on my second monitor attached to my laptop just not sound from my laptop. It says my audio drivers are all up to date. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Am I missing a driver? What's wrong?...
  3. No sound and slow computer since update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No sound and slow computer since update: I am having problems with slow computer and no sound. This occurred after an update but I'm not sure which one. There were 2 updates on 5/14/2020 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 version 1909 for x64 [kb455293] and Cumulative Update for Windows...
  4. no sound on computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    no sound on computer: HP new computer now I hear no sound https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-on-computer/e2a9699f-3bf4-4701-95e0-780f9ffda772
  5. Computer Slow, Can't Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer Slow, Can't Update: The past few days, my computer has been experiencing awful slowness - programs taking forever to open, browser pages loading extra-slow, when I try to click to a browser tab or type something in a Word document it will go Not Responding for several seconds before finally...
  6. no sound on computer

no sound on computer: started with win 7 then bought and downloaded win 10. All my messages are saying my computer has no sound device. Can you help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-on-computer/86856330-1874-45b5-aafc-37e759671804
  7. Computer sound

Computer sound: My computer sound will not work. It shows that some type of sound process is not activated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-sound/ff47f494-4e98-4468-93ef-787a43523476
  8. No Sound on computer.

No Sound on computer.: After reinstalling Windows 10, keeps telling me Speaker is not connected, even though it is. Have updated sound drivers, rebooted, problem still exists https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-on-computer/9edfedb6-bd6b-4a64-88be-8366118b3561
  9. Help with computer can't update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Help with computer can't update: Hey, i am helping a lady who's computer keeps telling her it can't up-date because there isn't enough space on her computer to update it ! I have tried removing a bunch of stuff to free up space & have run Disk Clean up ! She even said i could wipe it clean & start over if i...
  10. Can't update my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't update my computer: I begin to update my computer and it gets to around 98% and tells me "we could't complete the update" "undoing changes" I'm getting the error code 0x800f0922 This has been happening since 7/10/2018...