Windows 10: no sound on computer

Discus and support no sound on computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; started with win 7 then bought and downloaded win 10. All my messages are saying my computer has no sound device. Can you help me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ljdorv, Oct 9, 2019.

1. ljdorv Win User

no sound on computer

started with win 7 then bought and downloaded win 10. All my messages are saying my computer has no sound device. Can you help me

:)

ljdorv, Oct 9, 2019
  2. fireberd Win User

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Oct 9, 2019
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue no sound on computer :p

cadaveca, Oct 9, 2019
  4. no sound on computer

windows 10 sound schmes not working

Since you have already updated the sound drivers on your computer, we suggest that you run the sound troubleshooter. Kindly follow the steps below on how to do it:

• Right-click on the speaker icon on the bottom right corner of the computer and select
      Troubleshoot sound problems.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Robelene Win, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

no sound on computer

1. no sound on computer - Similar Threads - sound computer

2. Microphones are working yet my computer is receiving sound?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphones are working yet my computer is receiving sound?: [ATTACH] For some reason, whenever I plug in a microphone sound cannot be received by others. Although like the screenshot shows, my computer is picking up sound that isn't coming from my voice or surrounding area. Is there any way to solve this problem? I know it's not the...
  3. My computer always makes this sound on startup (video included)

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer always makes this sound on startup (video included): Anyone know what this sound is? It's been happening for a while, I'm worried its some kind of application i should uninstall or something. https://youtu.be/RWcxRtNYLcA...
  4. alert screen for sound devices on new dell computer - wht is it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    alert screen for sound devices on new dell computer - wht is it?: so the new dell is 2 weeks old and today this nag screen has started popping up. at first thought it was just a youtube issue but nag screen has shown up when not on internet. does not appear to be a big deal but....what is it for? only sound device plugged in is the twin...
  5. how do I GET SOUND AMPLIFICATION ON MY COMPUTER FOR PARTICULAR site?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I GET SOUND AMPLIFICATION ON MY COMPUTER FOR PARTICULAR site?: HOW CAN I GET SOUND WHEN I OPEN a particular web site? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-sound-amplification-on-my-computer/e8ac3685-865a-4ced-a04a-f749337ebd67
  6. Made a recording - no sound in recording because wireless headphone USB was in computer

Made a recording - no sound in recording because wireless headphone USB was in computer: Hi I made a video recording and after I had finished recording I realised the USB for my wireless headphones, which were turned off, was inside the computer. The result is that the recording now has NO sound! It is an urgent recording and I was wondering if by some...
  7. How to stop random chiming sound on Windows 10 computer

How to stop random chiming sound on Windows 10 computer: How do I stop random chiming sound on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-random-chiming-sound-on-windows-10/eeae5b9f-e44b-42ea-8602-ed78eb26b41d
  8. Computer sound

Computer sound: My computer sound will not work. It shows that some type of sound process is not activated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-sound/ff47f494-4e98-4468-93ef-787a43523476
  9. My Computer Froze Up and Crashed and then Proceeded to Make an Odd Thrumming Sound After I...

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Computer Froze Up and Crashed and then Proceeded to Make an Odd Thrumming Sound After I...: I was messing with my new wireless headphones because I couldn't get them to get sound to play from Discord. I pressed the remove device button, and it was fine for a second. While they disconectinig I went to go down and see what was going on my Discord server. The little...
  10. After August 2019 Windows actualization my computer has no sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After August 2019 Windows actualization my computer has no sound: Today I got the new Windows actualization, but right after it, the sound from my computer stop working, it says that there is a trobleshoot on the device. I have already tried with a restart, but it did not worked. What can I do?...