Windows 10: no sound on laptop after window 10 update

Discus and support no sound on laptop after window 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; no sound on laptop after windows 10 update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChewonaWhite1, Dec 12, 2018.

1. no sound on laptop after window 10 update

no sound on laptop after windows 10

update

:)

ChewonaWhite1, Dec 12, 2018
  2. Opie540 Win User

sound distorted after windows 10 anniversary upgrade

This is where I'm at on my HP laptop with Windows 10 and the Anniversary update.

I completed step #3 "hardware and sound" but that took me to an option for "sound, speakers." There was no "properties" as step #4 suggests. I selected "sound, speakers" and then found "properties." After selecting "properties" there was no "enhancements
    tab" as step #5 suggests.

Regardless, I then uninstalled the realtek audio driver. I noticed that when I did this without restarting my laptop that the sound was now tinny, but not distorted as it was previously. After restarting, the sound was again full, yet distorted.

Realtek still shows in my programs list, though it shows no memory is used.

Thanks for your continued help.

Opie540, Dec 12, 2018
  3. Scrizz Win User
    Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Dec 12, 2018
  4. no sound on laptop after window 10 update

Since the upgrade to Windows 10, my Toshiba laptop with DTS sound card sounds very bad.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you have issues with sound on Windows 10, I suggest you to try the below and check.

Steps to update the drivers for audio.

• Press Windows+X and click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on the
      Realtek High Definition Audio and click on
      Update driver software.

To find drivers for sound on Toshiba laptop, I suggest you to refer to the below link:

Drivers & Software Support | Toshiba

For further reference:Fix
    sound problems

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

no sound on laptop after window 10 update

1. no sound on laptop after window 10 update - Similar Threads - sound laptop window

2. No Sound on laptop after windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Sound on laptop after windows update: Today my laptop did a windows update and now I have no sound. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-on-laptop-after-windows-update/46fd183e-4915-4c71-8a98-8aa3e91a2dc6
  3. No sound after updating to Windows 10 ,

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound after updating to Windows 10 ,: What is required for IDT High Definition Bus, i try over and over to install and it says don't meet requirements. Before, Windows update it was working. This was after I reinstalled Windows after I couldn't remember my password....
  4. There is no sound in Windows 10 after the update

There is no sound in Windows 10 after the update: The sound on my computer stopped working right after a Windows 10 update. I tried to verify the cables and settings. The computer says that the sound card and the Realtek controller work fine. Can you help...
  5. No sound in Windows 10 after update

No sound in Windows 10 after update: The sound on my computer stopped working right after a Windows 10 update. I have tried checking cords, settings, uninstalling & reinstalling driver, plugging cord into both slots on card. The computer says the Realtek sound card and driver are working fine. Can you help?...
  6. No sound after Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No sound after Windows 10 Update: Last night my computer received the feature update to 1803 from 1709, but at that point I was completely unable to hear sound through my headphones (connected via a 3.5mm audio jack). The RealTek drivers that I use on 1709 are all up to date (and the audio troubleshooter was...
  7. no sound after windows 10 update

no sound after windows 10 update: I updated windows 10 on 11th September 2019 and now have no sound https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-after-windows-10-update/0a8b7dd0-d710-4a31-ade4-805b446fd51c
  8. no sound after windows 10 update

no sound after windows 10 update: i updated my windows 10 today and my sound is gone. I followed the instructions on the no sound fix page and uninstalled my sound device and my pc did not reinstall it. What do I do now?...
  9. no sound after windows 10 update

no sound after windows 10 update: I sm not getting sound on my hp touchsmart 610 all in one computer after a windows 10 update. I have followed all the things I have found online from hp and windows but am still not getting sound.no sound...
  10. no sound after windows 10 update

no sound after windows 10 update: I now have no sound after updating windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-after-windows-10-update/dbed4177-8ece-4bc7-9bcf-f17694861e77