Windows 10: No Sound on laptop after windows update

Discus and support No Sound on laptop after windows update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Today my laptop did a windows update and now I have no sound.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tabbill, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Tabbill Win User

No Sound on laptop after windows update

Today my laptop did a windows update and now I have no sound.

:)

Tabbill, Aug 18, 2020
  2. Opie540 Win User

sound distorted after windows 10 anniversary upgrade

This is where I'm at on my HP laptop with Windows 10 and the Anniversary update.

I completed step #3 "hardware and sound" but that took me to an option for "sound, speakers." There was no "properties" as step #4 suggests. I selected "sound, speakers" and then found "properties." After selecting "properties" there was no "enhancements
    tab" as step #5 suggests.

Regardless, I then uninstalled the realtek audio driver. I noticed that when I did this without restarting my laptop that the sound was now tinny, but not distorted as it was previously. After restarting, the sound was again full, yet distorted.

Realtek still shows in my programs list, though it shows no memory is used.

Thanks for your continued help.

Opie540, Aug 18, 2020
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue No Sound on laptop after windows update :p

cadaveca, Aug 18, 2020
  4. No Sound on laptop after windows update

I got no sound microsoft or horrible sound

Hi Roger,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• What happens exactly when you try to play the sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 18, 2020
Thema:

No Sound on laptop after windows update

1. No Sound on laptop after windows update - Similar Threads - Sound laptop update

2. No sound after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound after windows update: After latest windows update my sound system stopped working. First it said "no audio device is installed". I found out that my Windows Audio was not turning on, so I turned it on. Had to swap from Log On from "This account" to "Local System account". After that the speaker...
  3. No sound after windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound after windows update: After latest windows update my sound system stopped working. First it said "no audio device is installed". I found out that my Windows Audio was not turning on, so I turned it on. Had to swap from Log On from "This account" to "Local System account". After that the speaker...
  4. No sound after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound after windows update: I just updated my laptop today and then there are no sounds coming out of my laptop speakers. It's only my laptop speakers, I've tried headsets and other devices and they work. I've uninstalled the update that was installed but that didn't fix it. I've also tried turning off...
  5. No sound after windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound after windows update: I just updated my laptop today and then there are no sounds coming out of my laptop speakers. It's only my laptop speakers, I've tried headsets and other devices and they work. I've uninstalled the update that was installed but that didn't fix it. I've also tried turning off...
  6. No sound after windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No sound after windows update: On January 14th , widows automatically put 3 update onto my HP probook 450 G4. KB4535860 KB4596878 KB4598229. When I started it on the 15th there was no sound Connexant HSS - or could be ISSS, if memory serves In fact according to windows there were no sound devices...
  7. No sound after windows update

No sound after windows update: I have had sound issues with every update so far. Where my realtec sound is supposed to be it's now changed to Nahimic Mirroring Device. No sound files are found. Only thing that works is restoring the pc before the update. Please help this has been a thorn. I have tried...
  8. No sound after Windows update

No sound after Windows update: Hello, Since my last Windows update (version 1803 17134.648), I don't have sound anymore. On the volume icon, I see the error "No audio device has been installed". When I try to read a mp3 with Winamp, I get the error: Bad DirectSound driver. Please install proper...
  9. no sound on laptop after window 10 update

no sound on laptop after window 10 update: no sound on laptop after windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-on-laptop-after-window-10-update/5b24ed4a-af1a-4f24-b503-5b3125754f4c
  10. Sound is not working on my laptop after update?

Sound is not working on my laptop after update?: When I check my speakers, there is a red X beside the speaker symbol. I tried to troubleshoot it, but it said it could not identify the problem. I checked Device Manager and I saw that my Intel High Definition Audio driver in my 'Other Devices' section had a yellow triangle...