Windows 10: No sound on laptop, Windows 10

Discus and support No sound on laptop, Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I got this laptop about three weeks ago. Then this week, I noticed that all of sudden there is no sound. I have updated the drivers. Still no sound. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DorothyValdez, Oct 25, 2018.

1. No sound on laptop, Windows 10

I got this laptop about three weeks ago. Then this week, I noticed that all of sudden there is no sound. I have updated the drivers. Still no sound. I uninstalled, restarted, and reinstalled the drivers. Still no sound. I keep looking for a restore point to remove any recent updates. I don't see one. The laptop is an HP Pavilion x360. I have followed all the tips I have seen, and nothing has worked.

:)

DorothyValdez, Oct 25, 2018
  2. Opie540 Win User

sound distorted after windows 10 anniversary upgrade

This is where I'm at on my HP laptop with Windows 10 and the Anniversary update.

I completed step #3 "hardware and sound" but that took me to an option for "sound, speakers." There was no "properties" as step #4 suggests. I selected "sound, speakers" and then found "properties." After selecting "properties" there was no "enhancements
    tab" as step #5 suggests.

Regardless, I then uninstalled the realtek audio driver. I noticed that when I did this without restarting my laptop that the sound was now tinny, but not distorted as it was previously. After restarting, the sound was again full, yet distorted.

Realtek still shows in my programs list, though it shows no memory is used.

Thanks for your continued help.

Opie540, Oct 25, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 25, 2018
  4. cadaveca Win User

No sound on laptop, Windows 10

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue No sound on laptop, Windows 10 :p

cadaveca, Oct 25, 2018
Thema:

No sound on laptop, Windows 10

1. No sound on laptop, Windows 10 - Similar Threads - sound laptop

2. can anyone help with my laptop windows 7 ultimate? there is no sound playback and i have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can anyone help with my laptop windows 7 ultimate? there is no sound playback and i have...: can anyone help with my laptop windows 7 ultimate? there is no sound playback and i have tried every tips. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-anyone-help-with-my-laptop-windows-7-ultimate/48dd90ad-3633-4aa3-b9f2-2a6ff111a59b
  3. can anyone help with my laptop windows 7 ultimate? there is no sound playback and i have...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can anyone help with my laptop windows 7 ultimate? there is no sound playback and i have...: can anyone help with my laptop windows 7 ultimate? there is no sound playback and i have tried every tips. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-anyone-help-with-my-laptop-windows-7-ultimate/48dd90ad-3633-4aa3-b9f2-2a6ff111a59b
  4. BlueTooth earbuds say they are connected but sound comes from laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BlueTooth earbuds say they are connected but sound comes from laptop: For a few months now, my bluetooth ear buds soundcore life p2 mini have been working just fine with my laptop Acer Nitro 5 Gaming laptop and I'm Currently running a "64-bit operating system, x64-based processor" along with windows 11. Recently they have started saying they're...
  5. BlueTooth earbuds say they are connected but sound comes from laptop

BlueTooth earbuds say they are connected but sound comes from laptop: For a few months now, my bluetooth ear buds soundcore life p2 mini have been working just fine with my laptop Acer Nitro 5 Gaming laptop and I'm Currently running a "64-bit operating system, x64-based processor" along with windows 11. Recently they have started saying they're...
  6. Awful ringing sound playing on my laptop every few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Awful ringing sound playing on my laptop every few minutes: I keep hearing this Ringing sound on my laptop every few minutes or sometimes seconds. I have no idea what programs it could be since I basically tried exiting out of all software that manages sound Nvidia broadcast and voicemod along with discord and a bunch of other...
  7. Awful ringing sound playing on my laptop every few minutes

Awful ringing sound playing on my laptop every few minutes: I keep hearing this Ringing sound on my laptop every few minutes or sometimes seconds. I have no idea what programs it could be since I basically tried exiting out of all software that manages sound Nvidia broadcast and voicemod along with discord and a bunch of other...
  8. My laptop screen goes black no sounds no cursor just balck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop screen goes black no sounds no cursor just balck: I recently disabled microsoft hyper V virtualization infrastructures driver because it has a problem because it cannot load due to lack of requirements/necessary drivers and It was on safe mode then I installed nvidia geforce 310m and updated it then I restarted my laptop to...
  9. My laptop screen goes black no sounds no cursor just balck

My laptop screen goes black no sounds no cursor just balck: I recently disabled microsoft hyper V virtualization infrastructures driver because it has a problem because it cannot load due to lack of requirements/necessary drivers and It was on safe mode then I installed nvidia geforce 310m and updated it then I restarted my laptop to...
  10. My laptop screen goes black no sounds no cursor just balck

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware