Windows 10: No sound on my new Windows 10

Discus and support No sound on my new Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to windows 10 from 7. But what I noticed soon afterwards is that the sound icon had a red cross. I have tried everything to get the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LucasMgidi, Jan 13, 2021 at 12:57 PM.

1. No sound on my new Windows 10

I recently upgraded to windows 10 from 7. But what I noticed soon afterwards is that the sound icon had a red cross. I have tried everything to get the sound activated to no avail. Can someone please assist. I have also noticed that at startup, the monitor displays

this message: American Megatrends,

Press F7 to enter BBS POPUP,

PressDEL or F2 to enter setup.

Can someone please advise what it is that I should do?

:)

2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue No sound on my new Windows 10 :p

4. No sound on my new Windows 10

Windows 10 Startup Sound

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to set sounds:

• Right click on the Sound icon from the System Tray and click on Sounds.
    • Browse for the sound and click on apply and Ok.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thema:

No sound on my new Windows 10

1. No sound on my new Windows 10 - Similar Threads - sound

2. Accidentally bound mouse wheel to sound on/off key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally bound mouse wheel to sound on/off key: [ATTACH] I don't know how, but I bound my wheel click to the sound on/off thing, and every time I press it it toggles sound. It's very annoying, because I cant use other functions of mouse wheel click. The window appears in the top left screen, you can see it below...
  3. getting disconnect sound, followed by one or more reconnect sounds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    getting disconnect sound, followed by one or more reconnect sounds: I run an ASUS laptop, Win10 Pro 20H2 build 19042.746, see my specs for computer details. At random and more or less one to a dozen times an hour, the laptop will give a disconnect sound, followed by one or two connect sounds. (These are the sounds I get when I unplug or plug...
  4. sound is deeper than usual

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    sound is deeper than usual: so my computer audio sounds a lot deeper than usual, kinda slow and demonic lol. i tried updating drivers, turning off audio enhancements, ect but it only fixed the problem slightly. i need help trying to fix my sound and make it normal again submitted by /u/DarthSidekick...
  5. i do not have sound on my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i do not have sound on my PC: For some reason I can not get sound out of my speakers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-do-not-have-sound-on-my-pc/93fc2b90-ee40-45d8-8276-0ede560ac3f4
  6. sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sound: All of a sudden I can't hear any sound. I check all things and everything is plugged in right but still not sound. Please help me with this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound/9c943aa8-ac72-46f2-8925-dfbf342feb35
  7. Notification Sound Doesn't Play

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notification Sound Doesn't Play: Over the past year I checked a half a dozen times to see if the Mail app notification sound triggers when I get no mail but I see it still doesn't work. I have set a sound for 'New Mail Notification.' Mail is set to 'Get notifications from these senders.' Still no...
  8. Hardware connect sound on startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hardware connect sound on startup: Hey guys. Since the new windows 10 install a few months ago, i get a device connect sound upon logging into my desktop. I've checked the event viewer and see a few things... does anybody know how to figure out exactly what it is and put it to rest? Here's what i'm seeing...
  9. No sound Windows 10 HP Laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    No sound Windows 10 HP Laptop: Hello there computer Gurus, My Laptop has absolutely no sound at all. I somehow did manage to get my Bluetooth headphones to work periodically until they died. There is a red X on the volume icon and when I go to settings the master control volume is set at 0% with no...
  10. Sound doesn't work on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound doesn't work on Windows 10: I needed more space on my computer and deleted multiple third party apps I thought were unimportant. My computer was working fine for about a day and a half. Watched videos with sound and all of a sudden it stopped working. I don't know if I deleted an important app or how to...